Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,198 members, 7,839,081 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing (5637 Views)

American Singer, Usher Sued For Stealing Hit Song "Caught Up" / Tonto Dikeh Caught Up In Marijuana Smooking Scandal! / Tonto Dike Gets Caught Up In Doris Simeon's Marriage Break-up Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by chibaby5(f): 7:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ranoscky:

I think she knew b'cos, Nigeria is not Afghanistan !!!

Ask her to go and perform in Afghanistan make u hia wetin she go say.

There isnt much diff between both coutries cheesy. . .Nig is as dangerous or dare i say even a more dangerous ground than Afghan grin
Dat country scares me even embarassed embarassed

Yorisb:

ROTFLMBO grin grin grin She defo didnt know hitherto. lol

BTW, 9c Pix- Reppin Ada igbo wella! wink

lol abi?? grin grin
fankz 4 da pic comment still wink

Yorisb:

For Leona now - I bet the difference btween Naija and Afghanistan is just the spellings. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by aieromon(m): 7:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
See misyarns everywhere on this thread.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by eghost247(m): 7:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
Oderame:

Free d poor girl,we shal invite u again 2 sing 4 us when we clock 100.imagine she canceled her supposed show cos a litle knock out blast,if na naija artist dem invite 4 yankee even u.s and iraq d fight him must stay finish d show.
Oderame u call it  a little knockout blast
maybe they should put one of those bombs in ur bedroom
for u to know how it feels
the poor girl
cancelled the show
for her their
life
another bad record set for Nigeria Internationally
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Ovems(f): 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2010
Eh yah, Do u think she will be back 2 perform! If na me, i no go com bac o.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by eros(m): 8:15pm On Oct 04, 2010
The babe only wan bleed in love oooo and not bleed real life. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by clip: 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2010
Pls,let us give our country a good name.Nobody will say our story better than us.
Mend:
Pls i am not an advocate of bombing or killing of the innocent soul.if u MUST do your bombing.
Do that to those stealing our allocation(Councillor,chairmen and other elected officers} one on one
not those that suffer the same fate with u."FLESH DO NOT EAT FLESH"
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Ivynwa(f): 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2010
What is all this glorification of somebody in the name of stardom, I really don't like it when people overtrip for their fellow human being and call them stars, stars ni, moon ko. I like her songs and I am happy for her musical career success but for goodness sake why don't we talk about our poor fellow Naijas that lost their precious lives in that bomb attack and ask how the ones in the hospitals are faring.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by makajibbz(m): 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ivynwa:

What is all this glorification of somebody in the name of stardom, I really don't like it when people overtrip for their fellow human being and call them stars, stars ni, moon ko. I like her songs and I am happy for her musical career success but for goodness sake why don't we talk about our poor fellow Naijas that lost their precious life in that bomb attack and ask how the ones in the hospitals are faring.
thank you my sister!!,  bless you!! kiss
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by madprof(m): 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2010
chi-baby:

cheesy cheesy grin
Ofcourse naa i wudnt even pick da call grin . . I dnt fink she knew where she waz goin b4 she set off lmao cheesy cheesy grin
I believe that if Leona (or many other artists) were asked again to come to Nigeria she would oblige without much hesitation. The principal consideration here is business and if the money is right, she will come (whether Afghanistan, Nigeria or Iraq). The question then becomes what would it cost for an entertainer to want to go to Afghanistan to do a gig.
Whenever these guys are invited for a gig they do their research (security situation and people of the location among other things) and they consult travel advisories and other sources for the necessary information.
Do not forget that Nigeria is a good market for foreign entertainers when it comes to live shows, otherwise R. Kelly, Nelly, Akon, Nas, Lionel Richie, e.t.c.  wouldn't keep coming. They are not coming because they "love Africa", they are coming because the pay is right, simple.
What is the market value of Leona Lewis anyway? I love her voice, her music, her carriage but in the next 5-10 years she'll be likely willing to come to Nigeria for maybe half the price she was offered now. Natalie Imbruglia came to Nigeria for a fairly publicized charity project a couple of years back and hardly anyone noticed. It all comes down to value - the value of the performer and the value they place on the risk they are willing to take. All that value is ultimately translated to the more comprehensible language called naira (or dollar). grin
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Idowuogbo(f): 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
^omo c evaluation na u supoose dey conduct census u do well o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by makajibbz(m): 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2010
madprof:

I believe that if Leona (or many other artists) were asked again to come to Nigeria she would oblige without much hesitation. The principal consideration here is business and if the money is right, she will come (whether Afghanistan, Nigeria or Iraq). The question then becomes what would it cost for an entertainer to want to go to Afghanistan to do a gig.
Whenever these guys are invited for a gig they do their research (security situation and people of the location among other things) and they consult travel advisories and other sources for the necessary information.
Do not forget that Nigeria is a good market for foreign entertainers when it comes to live shows, otherwise R. Kelly, Nelly, Akon, Nas, Lionel Richie, e.t.c.  wouldn't keep coming. They are not coming because they "love Africa", they are coming because the pay is right, simple.
What is the market value of Leona Lewis anyway? I love her voice, her music, her carriage but in the next 5-10 years she'll be likely willing to come to Nigeria for maybe half the price she was offered now. Natalie Imbruglia came to Nigeria for a fairly publicized charity project a couple of years back and hardly anyone noticed. It all comes down to value - the value of the performer and the value they place on the risk they are willing to take. All that value is ultimately translated to the more comprehensible language called naira (or dollar). grin
thank you my brother, bless you cool
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by davidif: 11:11pm On Oct 04, 2010
[size=18pt]WHY DO WE INVITE A FOREIGNER ( A BRITISH FOR THAT MATTER ) TO CELEBRATE OUR INDEPENDENCE FROM THE BRITS? NA WA O, AND WE WONDER WHY OUR COUNTRY IS IN THE STATE THAT IT IS IN. [/size]
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by tpiah: 1:20am On Oct 05, 2010
davidif:

WHY DO WE INVITE A FOREIGNER ( A BRITISH FOR THAT MATTER ) TO CELEBRATE OUR INDEPENDENCE FROM THE BRITS? NA WA O, AND WE WONDER WHY OUR COUNTRY IS IN THE STATE THAT IT IS IN.

is that a reason to bomb her?

all the hiphop artists who regularly jet in and out of nigeria nko?

have they been bombed?

and what's your reason for assuming she has no ties to the country?
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by davidif: 1:55am On Oct 05, 2010
tpiah:

is that a reason to bomb her?

all the hiphop artists who regularly jet in and out of nigeria nko?

have they been bombed?

and what's your reason for assuming she has no ties to the country?

When did i ever say we should bomb her geez. I am just questioning the rationale behind inviting a brit to help celebrate our independence.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Manu4ever(m): 2:47am On Oct 05, 2010
@ felifeli.

If you had spent half the time it took you to write your post to just google the story and check it everyone would not have needed to know how stupid you really are. Mugu.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by akwaowoudo(m): 2:53am On Oct 05, 2010
My dear Leona, i'm sorry about that. Next time, take precaution as Nigeria is meant for Nigerians.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Ifygurl: 8:02am On Oct 05, 2010
LMFAO. Heya. Leona ndo. You have to be a survivor to survive in Nigeria. Welcome to Nigeria LOL. Anyway sha, hope you return back to britian soon. Watch this is the last time she'll step foot in Nigeria LOL.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Ifygurl: 8:06am On Oct 05, 2010
chi-baby:

There isnt much diff between both coutries cheesy. . .Nig is as dangerous or dare i say even a more dangerous ground than Afghan grin
Dat country scares me even embarassed embarassed

Are you serious? The bombing that happened in Nigeria is like fire cracker to the bombing that goes on in the middle east. But i do agree though, Nigeria is dangerous. Even Abuja that i thought was safe seem to be Dangerous now. Chei.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by redfred(m): 10:07am On Oct 05, 2010
"but she was paid?abegi return the money"

"Yes, She was paid to sing and not to kpafuka (die)"

Only God will help you guys Can Money buy LIFE.

Pls let her re-schedule her performance jare, !
She can always come again if the money is right,
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by thameamead(f): 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2010
It was reported on page 2 of the News of The World on Sunday, millions are staving but yet our terrible politicians were happy to pay her £100,000, they could have asked 2face or other known African singers to sing, she's barely known in Nigeria,
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by tpiah: 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2010
davidif:

When did i ever say we should bomb her geez. I am just questioning the rationale behind inviting a brit to help celebrate our independence.

well, you dont know her reason for being there.
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by shaba107(f): 4:57pm On Oct 08, 2010
Yorisb:

ROTFLMBO  grin grin grin She defo didnt know hitherto. lol

BTW, 9c Pix- Reppin Ada igbo wella! wink

For Leona now - I bet the difference btween Naija and Afghanistan is just the spellings. grin

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Naija is better ooo. at least we never graduate reach osamaghanistannnnnnn grin wink
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Yorisb: 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2010
shaba107:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Naija is better ooo. at least we never graduate reach osamaghanistannnnnnn grin wink

Really, since when? . . .And when was d last time u had electricity? undecided

BTW, A combine attack of Muttalab+Boko Haram+MEND, neva pass "osamaghanistannnnnnn"? grin
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Ranoscky(m): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2010
Yorisb:

when was d last time u had electricity? undecided

Which kain dirty question be dis? sad

No electricity mean say naija no get light at all? undecided

Get a pair of balls my fren !!!
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by Yorisb: 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2010
Ranoscky:

Which kain dirty question be dis? sad

No electricity mean say naija no get light at all? undecided

Get a pair of balls my fren !!!

Sue me or mechionu there!
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by manmustwac(m): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2010
So Leona Lewis actually came to Nigeria to sing? Why didn't i hear this on the national news?
Re: Leona Caught Up In Nigeria Bombing by thameamead(f): 11:14am On Oct 09, 2010
manmustwac:

So Leona Lewis actually came to Nigeria to sing? Why didn't i hear this on the national news?

It was reported in the News Of the World, she's barely a high profile singer so expect the press not to really care but if it had bn the over-hyped Cheryl Cole, it would have made the front page of the right wing press, when she had malaria that kills at least 2 people a day in Africa, it was front page news for days.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chai!! See What Money Has Turned Singer Orezi Into (photo) / New Info For All MMM Members! Thank God O! / See Why Funke Akindele Sacked Juliana ‘toyo Baby’ Olayode From ‘jenifa’s Diary’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.