Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,769 members, 7,851,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:53 AM

Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. (2101 Views)

Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' / Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by budaatum: 11:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
I expected no less from you vaxx. Rather than actually reading what anyone says, you just insist in thrusting your ill-informed thrash down people's throats! Next you'd say something about learning when you really mean "vaxx knows all and is teaching everyone else"!

First, the CoE, as I said, does not do holy. We are a rational bunch, the sort that allows atheists and gays as clergy, and a more accurate description of what you posted is one by the Times, the relevance of which of course eludes you and which states:

The Church Commissioners for England, who handle £8.2 billion of church assets, ban investment in companies that profit from recreational drugs but said for the first time that they would consider investing in companies that work with medicinal marijuana now that it is legal in the UK.

To which I added "See the word "consider"? That consideration means "discuss it at synod", which Church Commissioners for England report to, but of course you know better despite getting your never existed Charles III from Shakespeare's fiction!

If the Church of England find that marijuana is medicinal and can find companies that produce medicinal cannabis I can assure you that we the synod (and I do include myself in that 'we' since I am a lay member of the CoE who elects and is electable to the Deanery Synod that gets to chose representative for the Members of the House of Laity which is represented at the General Synods), will approve that the Church Commissioners invest in it because we will find it "holy" in our own way to invest in anything that prolongs life or makes it bearable, though not all £8.2 billion of church assets since it is unwise to invest all of one's funds in one single category of investments, but we will not invest in recreational marijuana because it will be outside of the ethical guidelines we the members of the Church of England have laid down for our Church Commissioners who just happen to be subject to us, a subjection that no King or Queen or even God or Bishop can usurp for reasons I laid out in my Queen and King post and contrary to your opinion that the Queen can "do almost anything" which she most definitely cannot do and which you would know if you truly understood a word in my previous post but which you most unfortunately obviously don't.

You don't need take my word for it and to be honest with you, my responses are never for you alone since you aren't ever the only one who will see what I write. But I'm certain I've promised you I always and forever will respond to lies and inaccuracies if it's anything I know about even while I'm shaking my head at you vaxx!

vaxx:
This has cross out of point. We are discussing church investment into what is totally regard as ungodly or unholy to the church of Christ here. Not on the supremacy of church. I only tolerate it for a while when you shift the goal post. I am not tolerating that anymore.

The report i posted says church of England is investing into marijuana and the commissioner of the church did give a go ahead. So who are you to question them? A SITTING church member or the governing council in the synod house?.

I hate when it reading wording without any form of peculiarities or reasoning.
Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by vaxx: 12:13am On Jun 17, 2019
budaatum:

:

The Church Commissioners for England, who handle £8.2 billion of church assets, ban investment in companies that profit from recreational drugs but said for the first time that they would consider investing in companies that work with medicinal marijuana now that it is legal in the UK.

!

ok this is worth replying,

“ An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis, promises safety of principal and a satisfactory return. Operations not meeting these requirements are speculative.”

In the above lines thorough analysis implies analyses based on logic and facts rather than the psychology, hunches or intuitions. It involves studying facts in light of established standards of safety and value.

The safety promised in such an operation does not need to be absolute, but should provide adequate protection against loss of principal in reasonably normal conditions or variations in the economic scenario.

Church of England may even be outsourcing her finances, she has portfolios of investment and shares across many COMPANY public equity. She may raised bond for the project, or even borrowed to financed the project. It does not neccasrily mean she has to empty her cover. Stick to your literatures Buda. Go and read some Shakespeare. Science and buisness is not for you.

You talk too much pooping on unneccasry and gibberish side talk. Broadcast your message to verbose poster like you cus the more you try this act of feminine with me, i will made the audience see the gulibility of your input. I am a respecter of no stupidity .......
Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by budaatum: 12:44am On Jun 17, 2019
Very unfortunately for you, CoE is a religious organisation in which sentiment still holds sway despite my claim of us being rational. We claim "rationalism" because we vote but we can't claim our individual members are rational. We after all divested from oil and tobacco despite the huge returns from those investments.

The investments of CoE are outsourced but still have to comply with ethical guidelines as laid down by votes at synod, and I'm not going to sit here and claim sentiment would not have a play.

As to you making the "audience see the gullibility of your input", I can only delight in the fact that the audience itself is not gullible and can clearly see who's input is gullible.

vaxx:
ok this is worth replying,

“ An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis, promises safety of principal and a satisfactory return. Operations not meeting these requirements are speculative.”

In the above lines thorough analysis implies analyses based on logic and facts rather than the psychology, hunches or intuitions. It involves studying facts in light of established standards of safety and value.

The safety promised in such an operation does not need to be absolute, but should provide adequate protection against loss of principal in reasonably normal conditions or variations in the economic scenario.

Church of England may even be outsourcing her finances, she has portfolios of investment and shares across many COMPANY public equity. She may raised bond for the project, or even borrowed to financed the project. It does not neccasrily mean she has to empty her cover. Stick to your literatures Buda. Go and read some Shakespeare. Science and buisness is not for you.

You talk too much pooping on unneccasry and gibberish side talk. Broadcast your message to verbose poster like you cus the more you try this act of feminine with me, i will made the audience see the gulibility of your input. I am a respecter of no stupidity .......
Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by leokid866: 1:25am On Jun 17, 2019
LordReed:

And after the legalisation there was no increase so this study is sort of irrelevant.

I'm not doubting the economic benefits. but are we prepared to face it's fallout. There are so many institutions that we still lack to allow legalization of weed. Is it the fire service in nigeria you want to come save you when you set your house on fire trying to make Weed oil, or the emergency service when you run your car off the road when high. Before you compare it to alcohol remember Weed is a drug with different effects.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by leokid866: 1:32am On Jun 17, 2019
budaatum:

Oh, a pattern has formed! See here too my Lord.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_legalized_cannabis?wprov=sfla1

And if you looking at a reduction in crime, bring up the legalization to our northern leaders and watch Nigeria burn. You forget some states have come out to ban alcohol it is now weed you want to take to them?
Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by leokid866: 1:36am On Jun 17, 2019
LordReed:

And after the legalisation there was no increase so this study is sort of irrelevant.

There might not have been an increase but I dont see a decrease. The study was done a year-plus to legalization and was something that troubled a lot of Canadians. Even with their development they were worried. It is now Nigeria of all places you want to bring legalization too....Sips tea.
Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by budaatum: 1:49am On Jun 17, 2019
leokid866:

And if you looking at a reduction in crime, bring up the legalization to our northern leaders and watch Nigeria burn. You forget some states have come out to ban alcohol it is now weed you want to take to them?
I haven't advocated legalization leokid, but now that you bring it up, we grow acres of the stuff already and anyone who wants it can get it. Over where I live you get an eighth of an ounce for £30 which is little as you can see in picture below, while in my village lynon bag will full for less than ₦200.

Quality? Naija smoke is crap! The fact that we grow acres means we are late to harvest so all the get high stuff falls on the ground while just over there in Morocco that's lots of money! One can grow 4 plants in a cupboard in UK and make 3k Gbp while a whole acre in Naija won't make you ₦100k. Do the maths. Just about 200Gbp!

If we can improve quality and export, I'm for it. If you burn your house na your own palava be that, or get insurance and burn it at someone elses expense! As for driving while high. There's nothing new there as lots of dopers drive already.

That container is the length of a common lighter and less than an inch deep. 30Gbp!

Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by leokid866: 2:13am On Jun 17, 2019
budaatum:

I haven't advocated legalization leokid, but now that you bring it up, we grow acres of the stuff already and anyone who wants it can get it. Over where I live you get an eighth of an ounce for £30 which is little as you can see in picture below, while in my village lynon bag will full for less than ₦200.

Quality? Naija smoke is crap! The fact that we grow acres means we are late to harvest so all the get high stuff falls on the ground while just over there in Morocco that's lots of money! One can grow 4 plants in a cupboard in UK and make 3k Gbp while a whole acre in Naija won't make you ₦100k. Do the maths. Just about 200Gbp!

If we can improve quality and export, I'm for it. If you burn your house na your own palava be that, or get insurance and burn it at someone elses expense! As for driving while high. There's nothing new there as lots of dopers drive already.

That container is the length of a common lighter and less than an inch deep. 30Gbp!

I agree with you. Nigerian weed is crap, cheap and no quality control. What can I say Nigeria is a messed up country. We are one of the top five largest consumer of the product in Africa, we have acres of it growing and making very little from it. But no one in aso rock or even local government cleaner will stand up for it. So let's just stay in our lane and be looking. And like kiss Daniel says if you get am,smoke am. And forget making it an Export only product, foreign countries don't want our yams I doubt they would want our weed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by LordReed(m): 2:20am On Jun 17, 2019
leokid866:

There might not have been an increase but I dont see a decrease. The study was done a year-plus to legalization and was something that troubled a lot of Canadians. Even with their development they were worried. It is now Nigeria of all places you want to bring legalization too....Sips tea.

Where did I mention legalisation in Nigeria in this thread? You posted a statistic that does show what you said it shows and now you are diverting to something else.
Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by vaxx: 6:57am On Jun 17, 2019
budaatum:
Very unfortunately for you, CoE is a religious organisation in which sentiment still holds sway despite my claim of us [b]being rational. We claim "rationalism" because we vote but we can't claim our individual members are rational. [/b]We after all divested from oil and tobacco despite the huge returns from those investments.

The investments of CoE are outsourced but still have to comply with ethical guidelines as laid down by votes at synod, and I'm not going to sit here and claim sentiment would not have a play.

As to you making the "audience see the gullibility of your input", I can only delight in the fact that the audience itself is not gullible and can clearly see who's input is gullible.

You can't be sentimental and rational at the same time. Polarity and subjectivity aren't meant for rational minded. Church of England is not as gullible as you might think, and neither does her commissioner less inform about the economical and ethical consideration of the plants.

And for such a highest authority to even give it a consideration shows she has given it her full endorsement and open up marijuana uses for medicinal purpose( as she indicate).The church had just successfully lends credence to the whole marijuana industry and as well break the stigma that comes with marijuana for medical uses.

And your last response. The one in red shows clearly the feminist and petty trait you have in your chemistry. No sane man talk and rant at the same time.
Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by budaatum: 11:43am On Jun 17, 2019
I now understand what your problem is vaxx. The idea that my tits are smarter than your tiny brain must be hurtful. Do please continue to blame them for your inability to learn from their superiority. Between the two of them, we can withstand your stupidity.

I've shown how sentiment and rationality works in CoE. Rational investments in highly profitable tobacco and oil was divested in due to the sentiment of its members who decided it was unholy to invest in them. And to think the Queen gets involved in CoE investments shows how much knowledge you lack. You must think Henry the VIII was still on the throne or the Queen is General Overseer Oyedepo or something. I would strongly suggest you dump history according to Shakespeare and get a proper history book, but I trust you not to listen to very highly intelligent tits!

vaxx:
You can't be sentimental and rational at the same time. Polarity and subjectivity aren't meant for rational minded. Church of England is not as gullible as you might think, and neither does her commissioner less inform about the economical and ethical consideration of the plants.

And for such a highest authority to even give it a consideration shows she has given it her full endorsement and open up marijuana uses for medicinal purpose( as she inducate).The church had just successfully lends credence to the whole marijuana industry and as well break the stigma that comes with marijuana for medical uses.

And your last response. The one in red shows clearly the feminist and petty trait you have in your chemistry. No sane man talk and rant at the same time.

Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by vaxx: 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
budaatum:
I [s]now understand what your problem is vaxx. The idea that my tits are smarter than your tiny brain must be hurtful. Do please continue to blame them for your inability to learn from their superiority. Between the two of them, we can withstand your stupidity.

I've shown how sentiment and rationality works in CoE. Rational investments in highly profitable tobacco and oil was divested in due to the sentiment of its members who decided it was unholy to invest in them. And to think the Queen gets involved in CoE investments shows how much knowledge you lack. You must think Henry the VIII was still on the throne or the Queen is General Overseer Oyedepo or something. I would strongly suggest you dump history according to Shakespeare and get a proper history book, but I trust you not to listen to very highly intelligent tits!
[/s]
Expunged stupidity and bitterness from your tits Buda. Unlearn your foolishness if times permit, upskills and edify your polluted mind.

Ignorance they say is not an excuse In 21st century.... grin
Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by budaatum: 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
My tits must seriously pain your tiny brain.
Ndo vaxx.

vaxx:
Expunged stupidity and bitterness from your tits Buda. Unlearn your foolishness if times permit, upskills and edify your polluted mind.

Ignorance they say is not an excuse In 21st century.... grin
Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by vaxx: 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2019
budaatum:
My tits must seriously pain your tiny brain.
Ndo vaxx.

lol..... Go Buda, check right there if you are still normal, the thermometer is right within your diappers. grin grin grin. Petty boy.

Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by budaatum: 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
And there was I thinking you would have grown out of your nappies in your long sojourn in Kenya.

Go back there vaxx. They might eventually teach you to grow up.

vaxx:
lol..... Go Buda, check right there if you are still normal, the thermometer is right within your diappers.

Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by vaxx: 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
budaatum:
[s]And there was I thinking you would have grown out of your nappies in your long sojourn in Kenya.

Go back there vaxx. They might eventually teach you to grow up.[/s]

only an abnormal and deluded brat make such utterances.

Toothpaste your brush and breath out inteligence, it is locking somewhere in your cerebrum. grin

Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by budaatum: 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
So says the supposed undeluded normal rat vaxx!
We shall take your word for it. I promise.

vaxx:
only an abnormal and deluded brat make such utterances.

Toothpaste your brush and breath out inteligence, it is locking somwhere in your cerebrum. grin
Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by vaxx: 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
budaatum:
[s]So says the supposed undeluded normal rat vaxx!
We shall take your word for it. I promise.
[/s]

i am keeping you off for a while idiot. Got to attend to some stuff. Be right back.

Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by budaatum: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
buda's tits shall be here waiting for your very tiny brain.

vaxx:
i am keeping you off for a while idiot. Got to attend to some stuff. Be right back.
Re: Church Of England To INVEST 10.5 Billion Dollar Into Marijuana. by vaxx: 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2019
budaatum:
buda's tits shall be here waiting for your very tiny brain.

where have you been. My buddy?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enemies Of Oyedepo; READ THIS / "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor / Lessons On Surah 58. Surah Al Mujadilah (the Pleading Woman)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.