Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,507 members, 7,954,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

"How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor (2125 Views)

How Illuminati Collapsed Tb Joshua Guest House (synagogue Church Of All Nation) / Fashola Visits Site Of Collapsed Synagogue Church as Death Toll Hits 44 (PHOTOS) / Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Ishilove: 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
"How I survived 28 hours in collapsed building’s rubble'’

Taiwo Temitope, a survivor of the collapsed Synagogue Church building, has recounted how he survived the incident that claimed 86 lives and left several others seriously wounded.

The 28-year-old and graduate of Business Studies from the University of West London, said he was at the ground floor of the collapsed building when the incident occurred. But in spite of the magnitude of the incident, he came out with only an injury to one of his fingers.

Recalling that he was rescued from the rubble 28 hours after the incident, Temitope said it was his faith that saved his life.

He said: “I have always worked in the department that attends to foreigners in the church. I was at the canteen, which was on the ground floor, attending to the visitors because it was lunch time.

“After announcing to the people that they had the option of eating semovita with egusi soup or fried rice and fish, I went to get some plastic cups for them.

“ As I was placing the cup on a dispenser and talking to one of the visitors, I just heard a sound on the wall. The sound was like using a saw to cut through an object. I shouted Jesus! immediately the sound boomed. That was the last of day light that I saw until I was rescued.”

Continuing, he said: “ I was not the only one trapped around the area at that moment. There were other people too around me. We were lying down because there was little head room there. The whole place was dark and air was not coming in. As someone who has been taught to pray, I started praying in my heart. I asked God to forgive me and began to plead the blood of Jesus.

“The human senses ordinarily would tell you that you will not survive, but I had faith in God and that saved me.”
Asked how he managed to come out of the rubble on Saturday when evacuation on the ground floor where he was trapped was just on Thursday, he said: “ That is best known to the rescue team. I am sure I was at a good position where my  rescue was made possible.

“I came out at exactly 5: 05 pm on Saturday. I was taken to Unita Hospital at Governors Road after my rescue. I didn’t go for any trauma management but  I now appreciate life more.”

Source: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/how-i-survived-28-hours-in-collapsed-buildings-rubble/

1 Share

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Tundeiab(m): 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
JESUS IS LORD...I bless God for your life bro! I wish the others injured quick recovery also.
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by 2cato: 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
Such is life. In good time their is always a bad time and death even in the church. GOD knows best
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by chibwike(m): 2:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
Feels gud to comment on Ishilove's thread. Thank God he survived to incident. Wishing the injured speedy recovery. And the dead RIP.
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
Reminds me of two close friends that sat together in a bus, a terrible accident occurred, one of them died with his head completely severed and the other escaped with just a tiny scratch.
Life will hold on to some and let some go, it is unexplainable.
Thank God for the life of the survivor.
May the soul of the others who died find peace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by zyzxx(m): 5:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
the bible say "only those that God protect are deliver from evil " God is faithful. I thank God for his life oo halleluya.

1 Like

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by LarrySun(m): 7:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
This reminds me of the story of Aron Ralston who was trapped in a deep canyon for over five days. A big boulder fell on his arm, trapping him there for days. When he'd exhausted the food and water he was carrying, he started drinking his own urine. Then he realised that he might probably die there if he didn't free himself; so he brought out a small knife he was having and began cutting his own arm, but the knife was too blunt and small to cut through the bones. He twisted his arm under the boulder, smashing the radius and the ulna bones, before he finally cut loose the flesh and freed himself.

Bloody and amputated, he trekked kilometres to the nearest village, met with a family who called rescue.

That is how far an average human is willing to go to stay alive.
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
Thank God for his life .
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by tijjanioyan: 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
His lucky NOs>( T,T-28,28)
Taiwo Temitope-28yrs old,rescued after 28hrs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Lilimax(f): 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
This is a miracle! and thank God for the life of this young man.
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Ishilove: 1:14am On Sep 21, 2014
standd: Reminds me of two close friends that sat together in a bus, a terrible accident occurred, one of them died with his head completely severed and the other escaped with just a tiny scratch.
Life will hold on to some and let some go, it is unexplainable.
Thank God for the life of the survivor.
May the soul of the others who died find peace.
I have so many questions concerning what you have posted, but I guess it is part of the many mysteries of life.
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Dygeasy(m): 7:04am On Sep 21, 2014
tijjanioyan: His lucky NOs>( T,T-28,28)
Taiwo Temitope-28yrs old,rescued after 28hrs
Na baba ijebu go wreck you lipsrsealed
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by tijjanioyan: 10:54am On Sep 21, 2014
Dygeasy: Na baba ijebu go wreck you lipsrsealed
na mama akure go save u
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by philantoxx(m): 11:31am On Sep 21, 2014
your life is a testimony already
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
I still don't understand why people thank their Gods when other people die and they survive. I find it highly insensitive.

This indirectly means that your God allowed people that came to serve him to die, and allowed others to live. Meaning he'd also do same to you.

Just saying sha.

2 Likes

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Ishilove: 7:28am On Sep 22, 2014
masonkz: I still don't understand why people thank their Gods when other people die and they survive. I find it highly insensitive.

This indirectly means that your God allowed people that came to serve him to die, and allowed others to live. Meaning he'd also do same to you.

Just saying sha.

So who are we supposed to thank before? Obatala?

1 Like

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by PastorOluT(m): 8:22am On Sep 22, 2014
masonkz: I still don't understand why people thank their Gods when other people die and they survive. I find it highly insensitive.

Just saying sha.

The first thing u need to understand is who or what as the case maybe was behind those accidents, then u realize why they thank God.

Obviously those people knows what u dont!

1 Like

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by ciphoenix: 8:31am On Sep 22, 2014
Of course you can thank God for your survival but making it seem like it was your good deeds that made it possible is self deceit. Insensitive too like the above poster mentioned , I'm sure that was his point

2 Likes

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by PastorOluT(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2014
ciphoenix: Of course you can thank God for your survival but making it seem like it was your good deeds that made it possible is self deceit. Insensitive too like the above poster mentioned , I'm sure that was his point

Smile, that was his point, Seriously?

If u have opted for a job as a psychiatrist or related job, u would never get patronage wiith this.

Simply put, the point is the reverse, GRACE!

1 Like

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by ITbomb(m): 10:36am On Sep 22, 2014
When I saw the heading, I was expecting some stunt on how he held his breathe for 3 hours or how he position himself to avoid impact or better still, how he dug a hole and made an opening for air or to crawl out.

Quite disappointing

1 Like

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by simdam500(m): 11:38am On Sep 22, 2014
feels good to post on Ishi thread... yaaaaay!

@op the survivor must have gone through alot... but i thank God for his life
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by ooman(m): 11:52am On Sep 22, 2014
Again, your god cannot rescue his church cry
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Danhumprey: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2014
ITbomb: When I saw the heading, I was expecting some stunt on how he held his breathe for 3 hours or how he position himself to avoid impact or better still, how he dug a hole and made an opening for air or to crawl out.

Quite disappointing
You are evil!gringrin
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by vooks: 11:49am On Sep 23, 2014
I don't want my heartfelt sympathy/empathy for the bereaved and the injured to mask honest questions over this tragedy.
Was the building ever approved?
Were the architects/engineers negligent?
Why is TB still clinging to the UFO conspiracy BS?

1 Like

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by ciphoenix: 2:29am On Sep 25, 2014
PastorOluT:

Smile, that was his point, Seriously?

If u have opted for a job as a psychiatrist or related job, u would never get patronage wiith this.

Simply put, the point is the reverse, GRACE!

You completely misread my comment. I see where you're coming from but that isn't what I mean.
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by ciphoenix: 2:31am On Sep 25, 2014
vooks: I don't want my heartfelt sympathy/empathy for the bereaved and the injured to mask honest questions over this tragedy.
Was the building ever approved?
Were the architects/engineers negligent?
Why is TB still clinging to the UFO conspiracy BS?

Yes, No and Not sure. Fact remains nothing will be done. This is Nigeria. Even the affected aren't complaining
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 25, 2014
PastorOluT:

The first thing u need to understand is who or what as the case maybe was behind those accidents, then u realize why they thank God.

Obviously those people knows what u dont!

so please tell me: how did they know who was behind the accident?
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 25, 2014
Ishilove:
So who are we supposed to thank before? Obatala?

Probably.

1 Like

Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by PastorOluT(m): 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2014
masonkz:

so please tell me: how did they know who was behind the accident?

Surely not God, so if God delivered them they have every right to thank Him.

Now u might want to ask ow they know it was God that delivered, that exactly is the point, they serve Him n put their faith n trust in Him.
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
PastorOluT:

[b]surely not God[/b]so if God delivered them they have every right to thank Him.

Now u might want to ask ow they know it was God that delivered, that exactly is the point, they serve Him n put their faith n trust in Him.

kindly explain the bold. How do you know it's not God? Instincts?
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by PastorOluT(m): 6:16pm On Sep 25, 2014
masonkz:

kindly explain the bold. How do you know it's not God? Instincts?

Simple, 'cos God is not the author of eviil.
Re: "How I Survived 28 Hours In Collapsed Building’s Rubble'’- Survivor by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
PastorOluT:

Simple, 'cos God is not the author of eviil.

Again, how do you know this.

Or would I put it like this: God is not the author of evil but he allows evil to happen.

Explain to me how a parent stands by and watches his/her son/daughter get butchered without doing something. Except of course if the parent is handicapped.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Overcome Church Going And Be Free Today / Join Other Intelligent Nigerian Deists On Whatsapp / Rev. Tony Obo Caught With Human Heart & Fetish Items In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.