Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood (760 Views)

Son Squanders N2m Raised For Father's Burial, Abandons Corpse In Mortuary / Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? / Single Motherhood, My Tears And Fears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by United4greatnes: 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2019
Father's day is for father's, not a day for the celebration of single motherhood, Nigerian man says

Father's day is for father's, not a day for the celebration of single mothers. It is shameful for Mercy Aigbe, Tonto Dike & other single mothers to be celebrating the fatherly role they have chosen for themselves because of their feminine chauvinism , ego and pride.

Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by dPriv: 5:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
Lol
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by Vulcanheph(m): 5:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
Please help me tell them o.....to the person above me that stole my FTC, God is watching
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by dingbang(m): 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
True.
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
When such fathers decide to be irresponsible and become deadbeat daddies.
That is what they get and the women playing such roles gotta celebrate their selves since the daddies are nowhere to be seen cheesy
To be a father is not just about giving women belle lipsrsealed
The poster has no right to judge them. He doesn't know what they have been through cry

1 Like

Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by Yuceeluv(f): 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2019
I agree with you a hundred...they playing the roles of a Father doesn't change their sexes.

But I also disagree with you a hundred percent...you cannot categorically claim that they chose the life because you do not know them personally and sometimes, life jes surprises you in unpleasant ways.
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by Yuceeluv(f): 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
Well they can choose other days and not a day for 'MALE' parents.

You know, no matter how a mother does all and all for a child, that child will always view her as the 'mother' and never as the father.

AmazonTopaz:
That is what they get and the women playing such roles gotta celebrate their selves since the daddies are nowhere to be seen cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by Jayslicky: 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Everything to you is gender war, please what about single fathers should they also celebrate mother's day?

4 Likes

Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by United4greatnes: 6:05pm On Jun 16, 2019
Good observation
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by Yuceeluv(f): 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2019
Even ordinary Sunday rice, u no fit use d FTC get am. I no know why una like am

Vulcanheph:
Please help me tell them o.....to the person above me that stole my FTC, God is watching

Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
Yuceeluv:
Well they can choose other days and not a day for 'MALE' parents.

You know, no matter how a mother does all and all for a child, that child will always view her as the 'mother' and never as the father.

The thing is many kids always prefer their mothers to fathers because of the way some fathers behave towards their children.
You are not the child to state how they view their parents.The shout out on fathers day and even on mothers day to single parents has been to salute those men and women who choose to handle both roles singlehandedly.
Maybe they should have their own special day called single parents day.
But since there is none for now let such parents celebrate on anyday they so wish after all na both roles dem dey play.

1 Like

Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
Jayslicky:
Everything to you is gender war, please what about single fathers should they also celebrate mother's day?
They can if they like.
I am respobsible for what I type how you decide to interpret it is your problem.
Gender war ko, Tender war ni tongue
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by pocohantas(f): 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2019
I agree with the poster.

Over 5 Mothers day in a year, yet that one day almost every man agreed to be Fathers Day, you still wanna drag it with them.

C'mon!

I have zero tolerance for absentee fathers and sperm donors, but celebrating yourself on that day comes from a place of bitterness, emptiness, competition, anger...name it!

Ever seen a widow who lost her loving husband do that? No. Instead she and the kids will use that day to remember the man and his deeds while alive.

So, lets not make it look like it is because they did it all alone. I don't buy that.

I have NEVER seen a single dad celebrating himself on Mothers Day.

Some women need to understand it is not always about them.

This life is supposed be a whole lot easier. Na humans use their wahala complicate am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by Jayslicky: 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

They can if they like.
I am respobsible for what I type how you decide to interpret it is your problem.
words of a little girl.

1 Like

Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by AmazonTopaz(f): 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2019
Jayslicky:
words of a little girl.
Lamentations of a big man undecided.
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by Jayslicky: 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
Lamentations of a big man undecided.
ok.
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 16, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

They can if they like.

Hi. Is it cheating if i hit the pm cool

I see you’re a lieutenant in the feminist militia.

I gotta give u a heads up, i do not believe men are superior, neither do i believe both sexes are equals.

I believe patriachy and matriachy exists and i believe different outcomes are to be expected when dealing with both genders, some times, most times.
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2019
theoptimist298:

Hi. Is it cheating if i hit the pm cool

I see you’re a lieutenant in the feminist militia.

I gotta give u a heads up, i do not believe men are superior, neither do i believe both sexes are equals.

I believe patriachy and matriachy exists and i believe different outcomes are to be expected when dealing with both genders, some times, most times.

If you’re okay with these then we just may get along, maybe even get married some day, if u propose cool. I mean, who knows tommorow cool
I am not yet ready for marriage.
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by kurupt1: 9:09pm On Jun 16, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

The thing is many kids always prefer their mothers to fathers because of the way some fathers behave towards their children.
You are not the child to state how they view their parents.The shout out on fathers day and even on mothers day to single parents has been to salute those men and women who choose to handle both roles singlehandedly.
Maybe they should have their own special day called single parents day.
But since there is none for now let such parents celebrate on anyday they so wish after all na both roles dem dey play.
How do you want the fathers to behave,like pussies??Children need discipline and order to prosper later and that is what fathers instill.You women no dey ever reason well sef
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
[quote author=AmazonTopaz post=79392777]
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by bukatyne(f): 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
The poster has no right to judge them. He doesn't know what they have been through cry

The OP is right.

Whether they married deadbeat men (which speaks of their choice) or not, the truth is that they are at best super moms.

They can never be dads.
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
kurupt1:
How do you want the fathers to behave,like pussies??Children need discipline and order to prosper later and that is what fathers instill.You women no dey ever reason well sef
Discipline ko discipline ni.
No wonder the kids later distance themselves
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
bukatyne:

The OP is right.

Whether they married deadbeat men (which speaks of their choice) or not, the truth is that they are at best super moms.

They can never be dads.
I never said they were dads
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by crackhaus: 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
This is so not healthy.
You might run mad soon.
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
crackhaus:

This is so not healthy.
You might run mad soon.
I already am grin grin anything else undecided
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by crackhaus: 10:59pm On Jun 16, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

I already am grin grin anything else undecided
That explains a lot then.
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 16, 2019
So true.
Those yeyebrities are only fooling themselves.
Re: Father's Day Is For Father's, Not A Day For The Celebration Of Single Motherhood by 2019news: 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
Happy Father's Day to my Houseboy.

(1) (Reply)

When Mom's Away! Funny Photos Dad's Can Relate With / Indian Man Hasn’t Cut Or Washed His Hair In 40 Years (watch Video) / Stop Quick Cum Make U Still Make Am Life LNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.