Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,976 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Hybrid discussion Thread. - Autos (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Hybrid discussion Thread. (66730 Views)

Sold out 1.950k. 2007 Registered Honda Accord Discussion Continues / I Have SOLD my American used Toyota Prius Hybrid Synergy Drive Vehicle / Clean Locally-used Honda Accord 2007 (discussion Continues) #1.3m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by idu1(m): 12:44am On Jun 18, 2019
pacino26:

Get the Labour Congress chair on phone. cheesy cheesy

As usual the baba has done it again. Hmm on behalf of my very simple self, it's time to start paying your lecture fees. For those of you interested in the car, auction registration portal will be opened by morning. grin grin grin

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Heykayxx(m): 1:36am On Jun 18, 2019
This is quite interesting. This is purely for those with adequate financial muscle, experience, and skills.
I might try out something similar soonest cool, or so I thought.
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by dru23(m): 2:24am On Jun 18, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

me...

I want to jump from here to Japan, take a few pics with some hot Japanese babes then come back inside container.....

hope I'm still welcome on board?

Lol ... you want hot Asian chicks ....Japan is giving tourist visa on arrival to anybody..... All u need to is buy ticket and enter plane to Japan ..once you arrive at the port of entry ,you will be given a visa on the spot ...there are lots of jobs there , you might have to wash toilets. Sweep the streets of Tokyo ,but eventually you will meet the Asian girl of your dream... Anything is possible if you put your mind to it ...

2 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:43am On Jun 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
Let's review expenditure so far before we start the vehicle.

1. Vehicle price. N820,000

2. Tow truck. N25,000

3. miscellaneous N16,500

4. Engine N220,000

5. Lubrication. N 22,000

Total N1,103,500

Deduct the price of scrap parts N97,000

New total 1,006,500

Not so bad undecided

good night, we continue tomorrow.

ignition on, vehicle in ready mode HV inverter kicks in, engine tries to crank, but very weak start, Displays error on cluster, "Check Hybrid system' I bring out Scanner and scan codes and we have a 3 codes.

1. P0517 Battery temperature sensor circuit high

2. P3000 Battery Control system

3. P0A80 Replace Hybrid battery pack (Pending)

For error 1, on the accessory battery is a temp sensor, might have fallen off at some point, but basically it's missing, vehicle would start and run without it, it is an inexpensive part I can pick up in the market at any point in the time.

The real Evil is the P3000 and the P0A80.

For very obvious reasons (vehicle mileage, age and a thrown rod) the vehicles Hybrid battery is weak and possibly failing, each time accessory battery is installed and brake pedal depressed, the Hybrid engine (in the past) tried to start a frozen engine, I am sure this happened multiple times. Also battery packs are known to Fail all the time, but can be repaired and years of life gotten from the repair.

To start a an engine which has been in use is very easy, it starts with a very short pulse, but starting an engine which has been on the ground and has been exposed to the elements is an uphill task that would require a long crank, and honestly hybrid generators do not do long cranks, they do very short bursts to start the engine.

Now here's the dilemma, Hybrid battery barely has enough juice for a start, after resetting system a couple of times we got an "almost start" condition but the battery just does not have enough juice to pull it off.

With each try, we get less success until we finally Gave up.

vehicle needs a fully charged Hybrid battery that can withstand extended crank to start engine.

Options available.

1. Buy a used hybrid battery pack

2. Rebuild current battery pack

3. Recharge current battery pack and remove current engine into any 2az-applicable gasoline vehicle startup engine in vehicle to build up compression and improve start conditions, then bring back into hybrid vehicle.

4. Rebuild/Recharge Current battery pack and try and start engine.

5. Sell for parts and call it a day grin

What do you think I did?

3 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:05am On Jun 18, 2019
today is Tuesday, got this vehicle on Sat, started work on Sunday, gave vehicle 30mins of my productive time on monday, and gave vehicle 4hrs of my sleep time last night.

On Sunday I took down the Hybrid battery pack, and on monday I took it apart, basically doing diagnostics on the main battery.

I would like to Note that at this point, It all becomes technical, and my background in electronics kicks in.

Hybrid battery back consists of several battery modules all connected in series, Each cell detachable, over a period of time, 1 or more cells will become defective, and will weaken the chain since it is a series connection. To explain what a series connection is, let us imagine 10people withing the age bracket of 4-20years holding hands in a straight line, assume 3 people in that link are 4/5/6 and the others are all teenagers, the weakest link will come from the the 4/5/6 year old's.

Same with the battery pack in this vehicle 1 or more cell blocks are bad.

From my short research, the failure is usually in the middle of the pack due to poor heat dissipation, best way to detect faulty cells is to measure voltage on each cell and load test.

5 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:09am On Jun 18, 2019
batteries when fully charged are expected to be at 7.7v, defective batteries would fall below the 6V range, but batteries as connected in pairs (blocks) and load testing is the surest way to rule out defect as the defective battery could bring down the voltage of a functional cell.

To check voltages, the copper connectors have to be removed from 1 side of the battery.

You will notice corrosion on the copper connectors this also contributes to battery failure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:23am On Jun 18, 2019
I have identified a couple of battery cells that fall way below the threshold of normal, and at this point I have decided to Do the following.

1. Buy a complete battery pack (used)

2. Recharge Current batteries and remove defective
ones
3. Build a charging device.

4. Replace defective battery cells.

For option 1. I intend buying a full battery pack, knowing quite well that there might be defective blocks within it, but my overall aim is to move vehicle first. I will not go in blind, but will buy with a clause, if defective I will return. I have already identified a pack and a seller. I will also not need any money upfront to pick it up, as seller rakes in millions from the shop on sales of vehicle parts every month.

2. I intend to fully rebuild my current battery pack externally and remove bad cells

3. I have several options of building a charging device, 1 of which is the crude method (modify secondary winding of a step down transformer, attach rectifier and wallah! U have an 8.2v 1000ma charger, or just buy a variable high wattage power pack)

4.There are people who sell power packs locally and this option will also be on the table.

I am buying an entire power pack to ensure I have a spare, spare parts and I see a future in Hybrid repairs. I do not like being at the mercy of the market when I need parts urgently.

1 Like

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:24am On Jun 18, 2019
identified some cells and marked them accordingly

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:31am On Jun 18, 2019
If you are really interested you can go thru a couple of these video links they explain in detail what will be done.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1096986_toyota-camry-hybrid-battery-electrician-spent-10-not-4000-to-fix

Building a quick charger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3_zQgVHTfg

Very detailed repair sequence with all the required gizmos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5KAPge-f6E

My Enemy friend fuckboy calls me a Google mechanic cheesy yeah right, I'm now a Youtube mechanic cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34am On Jun 18, 2019
Got to get the kids read for sch. You have any questions drop them, and we will continue live from ladipo @ 10am when I'm in the market.

I will also be doing some business by the side sourcing for engines, tyres and whatever catches my fancy.

I will not forget to get the batt temp sensor and I will show you how inexpensive it is grin

4 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by diportivo: 6:38am On Jun 18, 2019
dru23:

Lol ... you want hot Asian chicks ....Japan is giving tourist visa on arrival to anybody..... All u need to is buy ticket and enter plane to Japan ..once you arrive at the port of entry ,you will be given a visa on the spot ...there are lots of jobs there , you might have to wash toilets. Sweep the streets of Tokyo ,but eventually you will meet the Asian girl of your dream... Anything is possible if you put your mind to it ...

are ur uber drivers here??

comot for this thread before dem stone u grin

9 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by diportivo: 6:44am On Jun 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

I would like to Note that at this point, It all becomes technical, and my background in electronics kicks in.

but on the WhatsApp that garners 1000 views per day,y dont have any background

you are a Google mechanic

2 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:46am On Jun 18, 2019

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by snipesdam(m): 6:59am On Jun 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
Let's review expenditure so far before we start the vehicle.

1. Vehicle price. N820,000

2. Tow truck. N25,000

3. miscellaneous N16,500

4. Engine N220,000

5. Lubrication. N 22,000

Total N1,103,500

Deduct the price of scrap parts N97,000

New total 1,006,500

Not so bad undecided

good night, we continue tomorrow.

Nwanne...
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by dannybrasky(m): 6:59am On Jun 18, 2019
What did I miss undecided
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by sauceEEP(m): 7:17am On Jun 18, 2019
Sponsors of this program wan finish us with adverts. angry

5 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
today is Tuesday, got this vehicle on Sat, started work on Sunday, gave vehicle 30mins of my productive time on monday, and gave vehicle 4hrs of my sleep time last night.

On Sunday I took down the Hybrid battery pack, and on monday I took it apart, basically doing diagnostics on the main battery.

Hybrid battery back consists of several battery modules all connected in series, Each cell detachable, over a period of time, 1 or more cells will become defective, and will weaken the chain since it is a series connection. To explain what a series connection is, let us imagine 10people withing the age bracket of 4-20years holding hands in a straight line, assume 3 people in that link are 4/5/6 and the others are all teenagers, the weakest link will come from the the 4/5/6 year old's.

From my short research, the failure is usually in the middle of the pack due to poor heat dissipation, best way to detect faulty cells is to measure voltage on each cell and load test.

now u are speaking my lingua

1 Like

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2019
sauceEEP:

you must drop offering in church nah wink

5 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Jun 18, 2019
dannybrasky:
What did I miss undecided

Nothing yet cheesy
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:26am On Jun 18, 2019
snipesdam:

Nwanne...
e choro ya? grin
weta 2.8m asap!

1 Like

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:27am On Jun 18, 2019
sauceEEP:
na xo e suppose be oh.... grin
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by diportivo: 7:28am On Jun 18, 2019
assembly time!!

9 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:30am On Jun 18, 2019
diportivo:

but on the WhatsApp that garners 1000 views per day,y dont have any background

you are a Google mechanic

7k+ views on the FB BRO,.

It's a divine ability that has availed him all the skill, technical knowledge and experience!!
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by dannybrasky(m): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2019
Ok baba! Make I use cold water calm my nerves! Looking forward to 10am grin

GAZZUZZ:

Nothing yet cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:42am On Jun 18, 2019
To the jumping conclusion members, see what I was driving last night grin

nah so rumour de take start o!

6 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:44am On Jun 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Or 20 able bodied and healthy men.... lifting a 10ton truck (ad hoc).
Now imagine 3 of those men fall ILL at any point in the chain irrespective of time.... the others have to compensate for those three who will not be able to do much lifting and in no time, all of them start falling ILL one by one because the load didn't change, only capacity to carry them did.
In no time, the whole 20 will die off completely and you will have to replace the 20.

If diagnosed on time, just replace those 3 and u are good to go till another gets sick again....

The major cause of cell degradation (for deep cycle batteries) is heat and of course poor materials (insulating and conducting).

This info might be useful to those with inverter systems installed in their homes!

sorry to digress....

Last last na me go buy this ride.... I Don calculate am finish oh.... Labour price to be decided by aunty radu's book

grin
grin
grin

6 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Carshopper(m): 7:47am On Jun 18, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

ignition on, vehicle in ready mode HV inverter kicks in, engine tries to crank, but very weak start, Displays error on cluster, "Check Hybrid system' I bring out Scanner and scan codes and we have a 3 codes.

1. P0517 Battery temperature sensor circuit high

2. P3000 Battery Control system

3. P0A80 Replace Hybrid battery pack (Pending)

For error 1, on the accessory battery is a temp sensor, might have fallen off at some point, but basically it's missing, vehicle would start and run without it, it is an inexpensive part I can pick up in the market at any point in the time.

The real Evil is the P3000 and the P0A80.

For very obvious reasons (vehicle mileage, age and a thrown rod) the vehicles Hybrid battery is weak and possibly failing, each time accessory battery is installed and brake pedal depressed, the Hybrid engine (in the past) tried to start a frozen engine, I am sure this happened multiple times. Also battery packs are known to Fail all the time, but can be repaired and years of life gotten from the repair.

To start a an engine which has been in use is very easy, it starts with a very short pulse, but starting an engine which has been on the ground and has been exposed to the elements is an uphill task that would require a long crank, and honestly hybrid generators do not do long cranks, they do very short bursts to start the engine.

Now here's the dilemma, Hybrid battery barely has enough juice for a start, after resetting system a couple of times we got an "almost start" condition but the battery just does not have enough juice to pull it off.

With each try, we get less success until we finally Gave up.

vehicle needs a fully charged Hybrid battery that can withstand extended crank to start engine.

Options available.

1. Buy a used hybrid battery pack

2. Rebuild current battery pack

3. Recharge current battery pack and remove current engine into any 2az-applicable gasoline vehicle startup engine in vehicle to build up compression and improve start conditions, then bring back into hybrid vehicle.

4. Rebuild/Recharge Current battery pack and try and start engine.

5. Sell for parts and call it a day grin

What do you think I did?

We die here...work continues even while eyes is closed

1 Like

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:49am On Jun 18, 2019

My Enemy friend fuckboy calls me a Google mechanic cheesy yeah right, I'm now a Youtube mechanic cheesy

better a YouTube/ Google internet mechanic than a total ignoramus parading as an expert....

the ones that don't use YouTube and google, no be them wan use me build mansion for owerri?

ontop 03 Camry

mschewwwwwww

6 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Inception(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2019
[quote author=timifakay post=79426548][/quote]

grin grin grin grin

E ma binu sir

2 things i cant ignore:

1- beautiful cars cheesy
2- beautiful women undecided

5 Likes

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by Inception(m): 8:03am On Jun 18, 2019
dru23:

1 Like

Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:09am On Jun 18, 2019
only wise ones can understand
Re: Hybrid discussion Thread. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16am On Jun 18, 2019
Found my old power supply unit from back in the days when I used to have time to fix phones and laptops... cheesy really fond memories it brings.

going by its 1.5A ratings, it can only charge 1 cell at a time, really slow... so nehi! We look for more charging options.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

***Nixon55 Is BACK!! Season 2**Kakaki + Nixon55**US Specs Toyota Highlander*** / Check Vin# & Also UNLOCK Your Car Stereo-cd Player / Navigation! / ****Kakaki + Nixon55 Enter 2015 With A Bang!!*Audi A6 Europe And Naija PICS****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.