Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin (11633 Views)

Andre Gomes Injured, Leg Breaks, Players Devastated (Photos) / EPL: Some Chelsea Fans Are Stupid – Sarri / Chelsea And Sarri Reportedly Agree On A Two-year Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by ogbiwa: 5:56am On Jun 17, 2019
Former Chelsea winger Pat Nevin felt Sarri was capable of building on his debut season, but accepts many fans will be indifferent about his departure.

Maurizio Sarri has left Chelsea to become manager of Serie A champions Juventus on a three-year deal.

Sarri, who joined the Blues from Napoli in July 2018, led them to third in the Premier League and won the Europa League in his one season in charge.

It is understood compensation in excess of £5m has been agreed between the two clubs for the 60-year-old.

Sarri will replace fellow Italian Massimiliano Allegri, who left Juventus at the end of last season.

"In talks we had following the Europa League final, Maurizio made it clear how strongly he desired to return to his native country, explaining that his reasons for wanting to return to work in Italy were significant," said Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia.

"He also believed it important to be nearer his family, and for the well-being of his elderly parents he felt he needed to live closer to them at this point."

Sarri signed a three-year deal last July but now becomes the ninth full-time manager to leave Chelsea under Roman Abramovich, who bought the club in 2003.

Derby boss and former Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has been linked with taking over from Sarri but the Blues are yet to make contact with the Rams.

The Championship club are keen to extend Lampard's deal - which has two years left - and have opened talks with the 40-year-old.

Chelsea are unable to sign any players after being given a two-window transfer ban by world governing body Fifa - a decision they are appealing against at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

He has gone, Chelsea will move on- Nevin
"I don't think they are absolutely devastated," he said. "It is one of those ones where some people wanted him to stay and some wanted him to go. I am one of the ones who would have been delighted had he stayed.

"However, great Chelsea managers come along like 42 busses every two minutes - there will be another one. He has gone. He has done a brilliant job and probably would have done even better next season.

"In the current situation it doesn't matter who is manager because you are not going to catch Manchester City or Liverpool at the moment. Top four? That would be enough but even that is a big, big call without Eden Hazard."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48633265

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:14am On Jun 17, 2019
I almost made FTC after all these years.
People come and go.
No one stays forever.
The only logic to life is leaving when you are loved is better than when you start to Bleep up.
Humans find it hard to recall your good deeds once you end it all with an evil or abomination.

Finally let me drop this
Thunder fire bet guy and sex guy if you don't stop being nuisance.
Have a great week.

8 Likes

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by AmazonTopaz(f): 7:14am On Jun 17, 2019
I am happy he has left
Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by cooldipo(m): 7:14am On Jun 17, 2019
shocked

Don't know like the guy o o..... Now that he is gone, they are famzing cool

cheesy
Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by martineverest(m): 7:15am On Jun 17, 2019
in the nearest future,Chelsea will find it difficult to sign new coach

3 Likes

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 17, 2019
Chelsea upgraded Sarri to be honest

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by labusinessguide: 7:19am On Jun 17, 2019
Emotional
Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by Adedaniel211(m): 7:20am On Jun 17, 2019
sarriball
Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by Ajfems(m): 7:20am On Jun 17, 2019
Same here M indifferent about his departure, the way he looked at the Europe league medal u can tell it was the height of his career.

13 Likes

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by Sharpmouth19(m): 7:20am On Jun 17, 2019
I hope he performed better at juventus than those sarri ball he try to convert chelsea to play,but can lampard handle chelsea? Time will tell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by livebyday(m): 7:22am On Jun 17, 2019
logon599:
His reasons for wanting to go back to Italy are genuine. He also seems like a genuinely good guy. That photo of him looking at his europa medal still touches my heart a bit. I wish him all the best in Italy
indeed
He will do well in Juve. Best wishes to him smiley
Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by KINGwax007(m): 7:24am On Jun 17, 2019
I'm glad he left. He's no tactician at all. No changing of tactics, no special formation except, enter fireld, play and win or lose

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by nepapole(m): 7:24am On Jun 17, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
I am happy he has left
So feminists watch football...wonderful!
Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by grandstar(m): 7:26am On Jun 17, 2019
Family is second most important after God. Money is way down
Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by lonelydora: 7:30am On Jun 17, 2019
Sarri, the man
Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by genabc(m): 7:35am On Jun 17, 2019
There's nothing to miss about sarri, Is it the "sarri ball" or his lukewarm or confused look on the touchline we going to miss? To be frank, Sarri is an average coach. His little achievement was due to the misfortune of other clubs in EPL. He's lucky he left because next season would av really exposed him because he gotten no plan or tactics in place coupled with the fact that Hazard is no longer there to perform some little magic. I wish him all the best in his next adventure.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by chucs: 7:38am On Jun 17, 2019
Sarri should ever be thankful to Chelsea for upgrading his CV, he is technically inept. Same lineup every match regardless of the opponent. Very rigid with changes and when he does change,he will do the unimaginable. Also he is extremely stubborn. I believe his major reason for wanting to leave is cuz Chelsea fans didn't want him to useless the club by adding pressure on him to drop underperforming players. Thanks for ur time Sarri and I wish u all the best.

PS: Lampard is not matured for the job now but I wish he succeeds cuz most of the coaches shortlisted for the job are seemingly not interested cuz of the transfer ban.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by femi4: 7:40am On Jun 17, 2019
I happy die...he wanted to turn Chelsea to "possession without penetration"

Thank God those guys still have counter attack play in them

2 Likes

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by Ijaya123: 7:42am On Jun 17, 2019
That's the 13th coach in ten years to leave the club. Height of instability and lack of long term planning.

Maurizio Sarri - 2019
Antonio Conte - 2018
Guus Hiddink - 2016
Steve Holland - 2015
Eddie Newton - 2015
Jose Mourinho - 2015
Rafael Benitez - 2013
Roberto Di Matteo - 2012
Andre Villas-Boas - 2012
Carlo Ancelotti- 2011
Guus Hiddink - 2009
Ray Wilkins - 2009
Felipe Scolari - 2009

Chelsea is really running out of options for a good coach. And for those clamouring for Lampard, that will be a very wrong move. He probably wont last a season before being shown the way out, just like Ac Milan did to Clanrence Seedorf.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by ZombieTERROR: 7:43am On Jun 17, 2019
We are happy... Very happy

Sarri is not the one. ... Though he tried

Goodluck to him... Hope he goes with jorginho

2 Likes

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by NwaJozi: 7:44am On Jun 17, 2019
Chelsea get wahala next season no Sarri no Hazard the next gaffer got a hellav of a job his hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by Teejay13(m): 7:55am On Jun 17, 2019
He made his choice and I believe he has his reasons.
Na person when wear shoe know where e de pain am.
Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by Sonnobax15(m): 7:58am On Jun 17, 2019
And am not 1 of them...because i ain't happy about sarri's exit at all..
Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by OKOATA(m): 8:00am On Jun 17, 2019
Excuses, he left because Juventus will give him enough space to smoke his 80 cigarettes a day.

2 Likes

Re: Many Chelsea Fans Are Not 'devastated' About Sarri's Exit- Pat Nevin by Xkalaban(m): 8:01am On Jun 17, 2019
Ok, my Chelsea fan friend thinks otherwise. Especially with Hazard gone over to Madrid cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Charges Super Eagles On Fourth AFCON Title / Divock Origi Signs A New Long-term Contract With Liverpool / Rangers Sign Kits Deal With Lotto Spa Italia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.