Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar (21396 Views)

World Cup: Ivana Knoll Slammed For Wearing Sexy Outfit To Qatar. She Reacts / Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA / Diego Maradona And Michel Platini: The Irony Of Life In One Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by thereturnoflucy(m): 10:06am On Jun 18, 2019
Michel Platini has been arrested over the awarding of the 2022 FIFA World Cup to Qatar in December 2010.

The former president of Uefa and head of European football was detained by French police on Tuesday morning (18th June 2019) in Nanterre, a western suburb of Paris, as part of the investigation into corruption surrounding how the 2022 World Cup hosting rights were awarded.

The report also claims that Claude Gueant, who formerly advised ex-French president Nicolas Sarkozy as Secretary General, has also been taken in for questioning but has not been arrested.

Former vice-president Jack Warner claimed an e-mail had been publicised amid allegations Qatar had ‘bought’ the Wold Cup – although the bid team have denied any wrongdoing.

During his playing days, Platini was crowned Ballon d’Or winner three times in a row between 1983 and 1985.

This is a developing story visit page below for updates

https://kikiotolu.com/michel-platini-arrested-2022-world-cup/

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by kikio1992(m): 10:13am On Jun 18, 2019
Heads have rolled over this 2022 World Cup

Naira Marley Biography | Life History | Net Worth | Age

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Waakanda: 10:41am On Jun 18, 2019
Just leave the poor man, I mean, the rich man alone cool

19 Likes

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Swegzfreak: 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
grin

WHY NOT TRADE YOUR GIFTCARDS AND BITCOIN WITH US, WE OFFER THE BEST RATES
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by 111sunshine: 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
Corruption everywhere

If you want to make MASSIVE PROFITS from selling and eating healthy food products, then read this post
https://www.nairaland.com/5249377/take-nutrition-serious
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by oluayemawobe(m): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ok...

Once the hosting selections did not favour either America or Europe, then it must've been fraudulent

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by oluwasegun007(m): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
Host received via oil pipe

2 Likes

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by johnkay1(m): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hmmm.... I think it is Buhari's fault

Corruption everywhere

12 Likes

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Clubmaster: 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
As in I am still trying to figure out how a non footballing country coupled with a non conducive weather for high level footballing activities like Qatar won the rights to host a world cup.

Corruption everywhere you go like MTN smiley

23 Likes

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by freemanbubble: 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
Those Arab nations are hot like fire
Qatar
Oman
Dubai
Mehnnn those country dey hot like fire.
Na air conditioner them dey use twenty four seven

Dubai still good small
But Oman worse

ebije2:
Lol...no matter what they say or do, he'll continue to flex that arab money. If you know you know grin
Arab money!!!

Bros ehnnn
Their money too long o

Na when one maga pay me inside last year from Oman
Now im i take know say their Money long

Na 1200 i see for money gram
But when i reach wema bank
Na there i for know say
Their 1 omani rial is equal to 1000 naira

Which means the 1200 omani rial is about 1.2million

21 Likes

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by ZombieTERROR: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
111sunshine:
Corruption everywhere

Think corruption

Think Buhari

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Jmk9292(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Qatar no reach to host World Cup??
They should allow that man rest...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by ebije2(m): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Lol...no matter what they say or do, he'll continue to flex that arab money. If you know you know grin

1 Like

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Randy100: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2019
Yes oh. Corruption in football must die.
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by willyo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by TANID(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
Here We Go
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Originakalokalo(m): 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
The mind of man is vast. It is the center stage of all activities and control.

A man may be huge, big and muscular, he is controlled by his mind just as a tiny steering will control a ship.

Jesus told us to guide our heart, that all the issues of life come from there.... Your belief, your actions, addictions, etc. come from your mind.

Are you in control of your mind?

Probably you are driven to act or do what you do, and you later regret your actions, It means you are not in control. ....

If this is true, who is controlling your actions and thought process?

Demons.

Yes..... Demons.

Let the thread begin. Coiled from my thread in the religious section, " Are you sure you are the owner of your mind? "

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 18, 2019
Waakanda:
Just leave the poor man, I mean, the rich man alone cool
Please remove my name from that résumé you uploaded in your profile.I don't like it.
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by jamezman(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
This is the art work of Saudi Arabia and all Arab nations who are against the progress of the country despite the sanctions imposed on them....

Anyways we all know FIFA corruption to be the senior brother of Nigeria's own..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
Randy100:
Yes oh. Corruption in football must die.
What about the club officials that fixed match for the bookies?
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by karma2000: 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2019
What's wrong with Qatar hosting the world cup
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by luizkyworld(m): 12:24pm On Jun 18, 2019
Sometimes you think corruption is a word invented by Nigerians, or Africans. Then you find out it's actually an English word. The West is the father & mother of corruption!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Ugosample(m): 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
karma2000:
What's wrong with Qatar hosting the world cup

no mind these hegemonists

they are pained that their countries were not chosen
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by FuckDaMods: 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
Very corrupt man, that's how he kept giving balon dor to his favourite boy without the right merits.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2018 FIFA World Cup: Super Eagles Group D Opponents Croatia, Iceland Lose Friend / Goals & Assists: Ronaldo 9-3 Messi! Who Has Better Performance This Season? / Super Eagles Observe Minute Silence In Honour Of Nigerians Who Died During AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.