Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? (21134 Views)

Get A Shop In Chymall And Make Big Profits Every 10 Days Simply Doing Nothing / Please Nairaland I Need Help To Verify A Shop In Nilton Plaza, Kebbi / What Business Can I Start With 20k As A Lady Without Renting A Shop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by PrinceOgun: 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2019
bettyLad:
I just paid for a shop in a complex ,rent and all about 500k, rent alone aside caution and agreement is 350k. I intend to run a fashion designing business and just two days ago 3 people join me in the same business , the plaza management told me they won't take two people in same line of bizness but they lied .now i want to change strategy and go into ready to wear bizness as well as other fashion accessories so I can stand out .also online business will be my own market force ..I'd appreciate any advice on how to promote my business online and make good use of the internet esp social media pages
If you are ready and willing to pay I rent advert spaces on my groups of 1million members

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by Malawian(m): 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2019
generationz:

Why not try airtel double or triple data
With my sim I get up to 4.5 gig for 1k lasts for three months.

4k the highest per sub will give you about 29gig
Are you being serious?
Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by bettyLad(f): 10:01pm On Jun 19, 2019
PrinceOgun:

If you are ready and willing to pay I rent advert spaces on my groups of 1million members

How much
Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by PrinceOgun: 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2019
Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by Alejobs: 10:22am On Jun 20, 2019
I dream of a time when I can say you are my friend!
Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by Malawian(m): 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
yettymuse:
Why do you think online stores are littered on every nooks and crannies of social media?
I remember renting a shop in 2011..naive me!

All the money I gathered from selling my products online, I carry am give agent and landlord. I fix and repair and up to TASTE.. spent all my money making the shop look attractive and all..
Hmmmm... I dey remember this thing I wan cry sef cry

In one week nobody has checked to see what I sell. Na products wey I no get them go dey ask me.
I was still managing my online store as that one was bringing small change.
After 6 months, I couldn't even make the transportation fare I spend from my house to the store anymore. Then I knew.. This shop matter no dey part of my destiny at all at all!

I sublet the shop to an interested person, moved all my products to my house. But I felt horrible and almost depressed everyday I wake up to see my products in my room.

But hey! It's 8years now and I still won't take a shop!! Maybe when I blow well sha.

Truth is if you don't have a strong financial backup, don't even bother renting a shop.
This is where you missed the bus. You should have started selling those products they were asking for.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by generationz(f): 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
Conqueror89:

Hahahaha. It is certain that i will get it.
Thanks for the heads-up.

You are welcome
Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by Alejobs: 9:12pm On Jun 20, 2019
Can we pray our way to security as a nation or we need serous overhaul of our security architecture?
Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by yomi007k(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
Lovelyn451:
deep stem Kuma...lagos issue is worse, u guys are really trying
U want us to move to kano? smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by TjDeks(m): 9:34am On Jul 17, 2019
Malawian:
For some of us that requires Electricity round the clock for work (Cyber Cafe), you didn't even scratch the surface of our expenses. I spend 1,500 daily on petrol making 36-40k Monthly on Petrol cost alone!!

Then there is the Internet subscription of about 20k per month.

Then the shop rent here is 14,500 per month. (It is a big shop through)

Lawma = 200 per month, OPC Security = 1,000 per month , LGA Permit - 7,700 per year (642 per month)

I have a prepaid meter now in my shop so Electricity bill is low = 1,500 per month ( I used to be charged 10,000 per month on Estimated bills) Money spent on bills is now low, the downside is i no longer use Air Conditioner, which now contributes to incessant Computer damages.

There is the re-usables stationery, ink, toner, Paper, Photo Paper, etc) per month might be between 25-35k. Assuming you don't have to contend with damaged Equipment due to Nepa light fluctuations.

I should leave out the money for Generator repairs since it is occasional. but even that costs at least 15k whenever it is done.

We are already at around 100k.

All that is just basic expenses to keep the shop open.

It is still from your profit that you will pay House rent, School fees for kids and Madam Money (Very Important).

Then there is the feeding money and money to save for unforeseen circumstances (which we dont really get to save anyways).

Then there is the Money for Babe maintenance wink wink Otherwise, ha ara gi otu n'azu shocked shocked

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Walahi, Wahala dey for shop ownership o, Considering there could be internet downtime, or rainfall that disrupts business activities, or Area boys when they start their perennial fights and shops really close down until their madness cools off.

Brother
Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by Malawian(m): 12:00pm On Jul 17, 2019
TjDeks:
Brother, This is my mail generaldeks@yahoo.com. Pls pm me. We need to discuss on this cafe business as I'm about to go into it.
sent you a mail.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by TjDeks(m): 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2019
Malawian:

sent you a mail.
I've replied the mail.
Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by badbreathcure101: 5:12am On Jun 18, 2021
Halopy:
This reminds me of about 5years ago when I was trying to get a shop as office for my furniture biz around iyanapaja-egbeda, the minimum I got was 250k, I had to remain online using eateries as meeting points but the problem was that majority of those clients wants to know my office before dealing. I had to beg a guy doing a related biz to be using his shop to receive my clients, he is an illiterate, and I tried everything possible to come down to his level. not long he accused me of flourishing more than him, he became intimidated and started doing things that will get me discouraged to stay further like bringing Alfas and be doing turari, laslas he fought me that I was snatching his customers, I had to tell myself it was high time I got my own office. I stopped going there. Started praying for miracle, A month later i decided to register for one free summer training program in furniture designs which I saw online in v.i during the training a client contacted me from the north and asked for my office address, no where to take him, so I just gave the address of my training place. The day he came, I lied that I do my work there, I took him to the small lobby leading to the workshop(because he can't go inside the workshop), i told our trainers he was my brother. I got him a cup of tea from the kitchen. I was just praying inside of me that the boss should not come out and also praying that some of my busy body trainee colleagues will not come and mess me up. So he was able to peep into the workshop, when he saw the sophisticated machines there, he said no doubt I can do the job, he brought out his cheque book and gave me 900k cheque. I never got lump sum as high as that in my life. I the first thing I did was to get my own workshop for 250k, put my few equiments and made sure I delivered on time to collect my 400k balance. Although he is still owing me 90k till today, I never bothered. I forgave him because God used him turn my life around. E no easy to survive in Lagos as a starter.
even if he was owing me 200k i still won't bother, nah how well not how much abeg
Re: Why Is It So Difficult Having A Shop In Lagos? by jeff1607(m): 10:18am On Jun 22, 2021
Halopy:
This reminds me of about 5years ago when I was trying to get a shop as office for my furniture biz around iyanapaja-egbeda, the minimum I got was 250k, I had to remain online using eateries as meeting points but the problem was that majority of those clients wants to know my office before dealing. I had to beg a guy doing a related biz to be using his shop to receive my clients, he is an illiterate, and I tried everything possible to come down to his level. not long he accused me of flourishing more than him, he became intimidated and started doing things that will get me discouraged to stay further like bringing Alfas and be doing turari, laslas he fought me that I was snatching his customers, I had to tell myself it was high time I got my own office. I stopped going there. Started praying for miracle, A month later i decided to register for one free summer training program in furniture designs which I saw online in v.i during the training a client contacted me from the north and asked for my office address, no where to take him, so I just gave the address of my training place. The day he came, I lied that I do my work there, I took him to the small lobby leading to the workshop(because he can't go inside the workshop), i told our trainers he was my brother. I got him a cup of tea from the kitchen. I was just praying inside of me that the boss should not come out and also praying that some of my busy body trainee colleagues will not come and mess me up. So he was able to peep into the workshop, when he saw the sophisticated machines there, he said no doubt I can do the job, he brought out his cheque book and gave me 900k cheque. I never got lump sum as high as that in my life. I the first thing I did was to get my own workshop for 250k, put my few equiments and made sure I delivered on time to collect my 400k balance. Although he is still owing me 90k till today, I never bothered. I forgave him because God used him turn my life around. E no easy to survive in Lagos as a starter.

This experience can boost ones morale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Remittance: CBN Raises BDC Exchange Rate To N385/$ / How To Earn Regular Daily Income As A Driver With Roosca! - / Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.