Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? (13088 Views)

Things You Hate To See On Nairaland / 10 Things I Hate About You. / 5 Things You Hate About Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Seun(m): 3:01pm On May 08, 2007
You can air your grievances against Seun Osewa, the owner, webmaster and full-time moderator of this forum, here.

The rules are simple (1) There are no rules. (2) Lying or deception will get you banned forever. wink
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Razorr(f): 3:05pm On May 08, 2007
Seun:

The rules are simple (1) There are no rules. (2) Lying or deception will get you banned forever. wink

Is that not a contradiction? grin
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by busygirl(f): 3:06pm On May 08, 2007
[/quote][quote author=Seun link=topic=52534.msg1100303#msg1100303 date=1178632888]
You can air your grievances against Seun Osewa, the owner, webmaster and full-time moderator of this forum, here.
(2) Lying or deception will get you banned forever. wink
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm shocked shocked
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 08, 2007
hate is a strong word,dislike would be more appropriate in that sentence.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Hugoboi(m): 3:12pm On May 08, 2007
I cant say i "hate" anythang about eun.He's threatened to bann me a coupla time but he aint really done it.Maybe i'd get 2 say sumn later,but for now,its "zilch"
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Razorr(f): 3:23pm On May 08, 2007
I hate the fact that he has allegedly chased many of the good old members away with the way he bans and unbans people anyhow. grin grin

I think there should be an alternative to banning people.

He is a genius(I've been made to believe). He can think of something. grin grin
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Seun(m): 3:25pm On May 08, 2007
There are alternatives to banning, but I can't get myself to rewrite the software to accommodate them.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Razorr(f): 3:36pm On May 08, 2007
Seun, what are the alternatives to banning? cheesy cheesy

Tell us, because someone might have an idea on how to implement it. cheesy
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Seye(m): 4:11pm On May 08, 2007
Seun, I do not hate you. But I've got some experience which made me think you may be a selfish person. I appreciate the fact that you are a very smart and succesful young man, but its like you dont like competition, neither do you want someone else to make it on the net through your forum. A case study is the time I advertise a website on the advert section of this forum, and you tampered with it by deleting the link. I think this action is not ok. "Sebi to ba dara fun enika, sebi fun gbogbo wa ni". (The wealth of one should be the wealth of all). You may ban me if you like, but that's the truth. At least I have the opportunity to express myself.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by dollyp1cute(f): 4:19pm On May 08, 2007
Back to Topic
I like that i got cute added wink
I dislike that i got no reason for my post being deleted, at least that will let me learn.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Seun(m): 4:24pm On May 08, 2007
A case study is the time I advertise a website on the advert section of this forum, and you tampered with it by deleting the link
Seye will be banned. Reason: deception. I warned you, so there will be no forgiveness.
I do not remove links from posts in the Advert section. I only remove links when you spam the forum.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Seye(m): 4:26pm On May 08, 2007
Enjoy yourself.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Razorr(f): 4:27pm On May 08, 2007
Seun:

Seye will be banned
Seun biko, don't ban anybody abeg o!   shocked   shocked

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!   shocked   angry
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Aproko(f): 4:39pm On May 08, 2007
dont hate seun (dont know him personally so cant hate him). i think he has done well, if only he could be a bit more humble about his success. a lot of people on the forum and in life generally are intelligent and successful, but the greatest success is having the humility to accompany achievements.

not saying he should not be proud of himself (he can climb mount everest or any mountain higher and brag for all i care) but he should learn to be a bit more humble about his success wink wink wink

otherwise, i think he should fall in love, it will make him more human. smiley smiley
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by busygirl(f): 4:42pm On May 08, 2007
[/quote][quote author=Seun link=topic=52534.msg1100443#msg1100443 date=1178637843]
Seye will be banned. Reason: deception. I warned you, so there will be no forgiveness.
Seun, Na wa oh? Anyways, I've gotten a couple of my posts deleted and still don't know why. .
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Jimiyke(m): 4:43pm On May 08, 2007
Onye abanukwala ibe ya ebe a, maka onye obula bu enyi nwanne ya. ihe mu onwe mu choro bu ka enye m biafra. hooooooohaaaaaaa!!!!
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Razorr(f): 4:49pm On May 08, 2007
Jimiyke:

Onye abanukwala ibe ya ebe a, maka onye obula bu enyi nwanne ya. ihe mu onwe mu choro bu ka enye m biafra. hooooooohaaaaaaa!!!!

Is that a curse? shocked shocked

If it is, please interpret! grin grin
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by justme3(m): 5:06pm On May 08, 2007
Seun how in Gods name do i post a topic in.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Jimiyke(m): 5:10pm On May 08, 2007
Razorr, Just ask any IGBO man around you to interprete it for you, then any one who wishes to know it can ask any IGBO man to interprete it for him or her, am saying my mind here, no body has the right to ban human being, it is under 1999 constitution on violation of human right, so Seun,, dont violate human right here beos we have a freedom of speach in NIGERIA.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by penfold(m): 5:13pm On May 08, 2007
Seun, I am an advocate of free speech,even when its what u don't want to hear, u really can do nothing about it, so don't ban seye cuz if u ban him he will always resurface, haven't u heard u can't control web resources? i give it to you for being a brilliant young man full of ideas but the fact is that there aren millions of other guys out there that are as brilliant as you so try to be a little bit less conceited, but really you are good, you might try to ban me for telling you the truth,if you do it will only confirm the fact that intelligence doesn't necessarily mean good character cheerio!
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by moondust(m): 5:17pm On May 08, 2007
Seun banned me once for no apparent reason.
says I called people "lazy",
yeah! real big crime,
I just hope nobody gets banned for speaking their minds on this thread
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by zains: 5:20pm On May 08, 2007
Looks like you intended for people to pat you on the back and rub your ego, may be also validate the fact that you are a smart guy. That's ok, but don't get the jitters when people decide to express what's on their minds. Lasting success must be accompanied with the maturity that accomodates others' opinions. Don't get carried away, Banning people doesn't change their opinions about you. Abi age dey worry you?
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by marco74(m): 5:23pm On May 08, 2007
like 1 of the other members stated,"hate"is quite a strong word.anyway i've only been a member of this forum for a short period but i've observed from his posts that he is very full of himself.i really don't care whether he is successful or not.he does not put food on my table(or any of yours i guess?!!).try 2 be more understanding in ur posts.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by mizkay(f): 5:28pm On May 08, 2007
Seun, what can I say? The guy is an ass sometimes - a real ass, honest! I want my private messages back - really I do, I almost got the man of my life and Seun went and ruined it all, sniff, sniff,
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by RedLips3(f): 5:31pm On May 08, 2007
#2 is a rule seun, therefore it's deception cos you contradicted your words.

Should you ban yourself then?

2 things i like about Seun

1. He writes well. His posts are a fresh air compared to the juvenile text message like writings that plague this forum
2. When it comes to stuff like relationship advice and all, he thinks like a modern man.

As for everything else, he's an egomanaic. It's fine to be proud of your forum dude as it is indeed a great accomplishment however sometimes you go overboard like a certain German.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Rottweiler(m): 5:31pm On May 08, 2007
I no send you o!  If you want to know my beef with you, let's meet under the bridge at airport bus stop, Ikeja.  angry
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by boye1: 5:33pm On May 08, 2007
so far so good dont really know u, but the voice of the people is the voice of God i think that u are proud and dont forget that pride comes b4 a fall change ur ways b4 it is too late.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by osegwu(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2007
Na me be Seun best friend because he de always ban me.

I eat he ban me, drink he ban me even banned me for making

love to my wife. The guy is a lover of ban. He is a fine young man, seun.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by neelsel(f): 5:49pm On May 08, 2007
Well,
Seun banned me without a reason, thus I had no choice but to create another username. cry cry
1. His creation of Nairaland was a great idea, however, you need to relax and run your own show,  Don't allow nonentities like Sisimose to ruin the forum,

2. He can be arrogant at times,

3. Seems rather bias towards the ladies

ps. I will be back if and when I think of any other things, ( if I am not banned,  AGAIN)
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by Seun(m): 6:05pm On May 08, 2007
however sometimes you go overboard like a certain German.
I can't believe that Red_Lips actually compared me to a mass murderer (Adolf Hitler). I can't even murder a lizard!
There's a big difference between banning people on a web forum and killing people. I hope you can see it.

As for everything else, he's an egomanaic.
Aww, what a nasty word. Those that support a man would say he is bold. His opponents will say he is arrogant. It's the same thing. One man's arrogance is another man's self-confidence. It's a matter of perspective.
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by RedLips3(f): 6:14pm On May 08, 2007
Hitler was Austrian  cheesy

A person can go overboard with arrogance, Seun. Everyone likes a confident person but no one likes an overly confident person.

So yea, about you banning yourself. .
Re: What Do You Hate About Our Moderator? by profade1(m): 6:19pm On May 08, 2007
I atually like Seun. Like someone said his posts are refreshing and he does not mind going against the crowd.( even if I don't always agree with him)

But he tends to be abrupt in his posts sometimes as if life is either black or white. seun, please note that there are so many shades of gray in between ok?

But I guess you are a work in progress as eveidenced by you starting this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Police Arrests, Return N15m To Sokoto Robbery Victim / 15 Of The World’s Most Expensive And Luxurious Brothels / What New Discovery Did You Make This Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.