Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) (558 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of GSS In School Pls / I Have Lost Interest In School / Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by BathingSoap: 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2019
This might be a long read guys pls don't be angry with me. I have been a guest on Nland for a while but decided to create this monicker for this purpose.

So this all started when i entered the university in fact i'm now in my finals but as it is now i'm laying on my bed facing the ceiling and we have a test going on in class, i have missed about 3 tests since this semester started but i don't seem to feel alarmed by that, i'll probably have an extra year too the way i'm going but i can't just push myself to get up and read and to wash my uniform being a law student.

Now i feel this is partially because of the fact that i have come to believe school is not for me...i have never been a bright student right from primary school...when i entered the uni as a freshman i had the dreams every fresher had which is to come out with a first class and i worked very hard for it, went for night class every day without sleeping even for a minute, but any time grades came out i always come out at the bottom of the food chain.

I have tried hard to demystify the exact cause of my failure in academics but found no answers, could it be my hand writing, or i don't understand what i read or i'm not good in cramming textbook case laws and sections, or could it be because my brain is just not acclimatized to school and the rigours that come with it.

I have put in effort to handle all these supposed problems but none if them have come to fruition, even to the point that i bought a handwriting book to help improve my handwriting ...yeah i was that desperate

Reality dawned on me tho when my year 2 and 3 results were nothing to write home about...then i started losing interest...hardly go to class even though there is a test...i always say to myself stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results so if i can read and study so much without being able to secure even a C in my courses then i'd rather not try.

Its funny tho that in my year 4 i made more than half a million rendering freelance services to people online...this also fueled my loss of interest in school, I'd rather be committed to something that pays me. I feel bad for mum tho, she put in all this effort to make me learned and give me a good future and she has already started saving for my law school but i know deep down that i am a nut case and can't ever compete with my peers academically.

I have tried my best in fact i'm crying right now, school has always made me feel like a lesser human, i always come out last...i really don't know what to do with life anymore ...i mean why is life so partial and unfair, why can't i be like those bright students...

I brought this here because i believe my Nairaland family will help me get through this terrible faze of my life.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 dominique i'll really appreciate if more people get to see this

Thank you
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by donbachi(m): 12:53pm On Jun 19, 2019
Imagine the joy of ur mother seeing u become a lawyer...if not for urself,do it for her.
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by valnino(m): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2019
Don't give up yet. ur mum might not survive the sad news that you don't want to continue again.
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Chidonc(m): 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2019
BathingSoap:
This might be a long read guys pls don't be angry with me. I have been a guest on Nland for a while but decided to create this monicker for this purpose.

So this all started when i entered the university in fact i'm now in my finals but as it is now i'm laying on my bed facing the ceiling and we have a test going on in class, i have missed about 3 tests since this semester started but i don't seem to feel alarmed by that, i'll probably have an extra year too the way i'm going but i can't just push myself to get up and read and to wash my uniform being a law student.

Now i feel this is partially because of the fact that i have come to believe school is not for me...i have never been a bright student right from primary school...when i entered the uni as a freshman i had the dreams every fresher had which is to come out with a first class and i worked very hard for it, went for night class every day without sleeping even for a minute, but any time grades came out i always come out at the bottom of the food chain.

I have tried hard to demystify the exact cause of my failure in academics but found no answers, could it be my hand writing, or i don't understand what i read or i'm not good in cramming textbook case laws and sections, or could it be because my brain is just not acclimatized to school and the rigours that come with it.

I have put in effort to handle all these supposed problems but none if them have come to fruition, even to the point that i bought a handwriting book to help improve my handwriting ...yeah i was that desperate

Reality dawned on me tho when my year 2 and 3 results were nothing to write home about...then i started losing interest...hardly go to class even though there is a test...i always say to myself stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results so if i can read and study so much without being able to secure even a C in my courses then i'd rather not try.

Its funny tho that in my year 4 i made more than half a million rendering freelance services to people online...this also fueled my loss of interest in school, I'd rather be committed to something that pays me. I feel bad for mum tho, she put in all this effort to make me learned and give me a good future and she has already started saving for my law school but i know deep down that i am a nut case and can't ever compete with my peers academically.

I have tried my best in fact i'm crying right now, school has always made me feel like a lesser human, i always come out last...i really don't know what to do with life anymore ...i mean why is life so partial and unfair, why can't i be like those bright students...

I brought this here because i believe my Nairaland family will help me get through this terrible faze of my life.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 dominique i'll really appreciate if more people get to see this

Thank you
I was also in similar shoes op, I sent u a pm already.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Nicosia Offers Scholarship To Nigerian Students / Top 10 Cheap Medical Universities In Caribbean / JAMB Forum Mobile App [With Free CBT] By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.