Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,249 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman (40198 Views)

Billionaire Femi Otedola Sells Forte Oil, Exits Fuel Business / Femi Otedola To Sell His Forte Oil Shares / See The Dilapidated Road That Femi Otedola's Forte Oil Rehabilitated In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by icon8: 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
Be informed! Adenuga divested from banking (Equitorial Trust Bank) a few years ago

Johnnyessence:
funny enough Mike adenuga of glo never run away from business. he invest on basic 3 things Nigerians are using, which are ICT, oil and banking. and still adenuga is the second richest in Africa. soon in some years to come adenuga will take over from dangote. adenuga understand the business in Nigeria. hardly will you see him doing politics with his business. one need to learn fast from him. if people don't know, his son too have his company on his own running it by himself. till 50 years to come, people will still be using ICT to grow their economy and adenuga is number investor in that sector.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by mmadu5(m): 5:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
in 2025 only a few fuel powered vehicles will run the streets we will be using electric means

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by SuperBlack: 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2019
In Football they will call it New Challenge
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Alejobs: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2019
We may be anonymous but not robot
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Johnnyessence(m): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2019
icon8:
Be informed! Adenuga divested from banking (Equitorial Trust Bank) a few years ago

yes equatorial trust bank merged with banks in Nigeria and still he has stakes in the bank he merged his bank with. he has stake in this bank too. I will applaud Mike adenuga in business, he understand it well. it will shock you when he undertake dangote from that position.
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Johnnyessence(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2019
Man Picks Up All The Condemned Parts of Motorcycles and Generators Thrown Away In The Dustbins And Uses It To Build His Very Own Home Made Car!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Sug-eIiug
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Alejobs: 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2019
It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Alzirida(f): 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2019
Johnnyessence:
they will be tired of that soon cos' alot of foreign investors are already on that now. ICT is the gold mine I'm seeing. in 30 years to come, ICT will still exist. femi otedola quit cos' he has seen the future already, if you don't mind, alot of people are investing heavily on oil now, even fg is investing more than private investors. even politicians are into oil business, so the sector is over crowded already. in 10 years to this time, ICT will be the huge gold mine in business sector.

U are right.

I think agriculture is another sector people rarely look into. Big opportunities are there

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by dingbang(m): 5:27pm On Jun 19, 2019
Oya join politics
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by InvertedHammer: 5:28pm On Jun 19, 2019
/
Maybe he needs to get back into business and leave social media alone.

/

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Alejobs: 5:28pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ethics and value system is key to a sane society!
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by BeautifulMind2: 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ijaycool:
Kiaaa

Yorubas and Hausas will make up the list of 20 richest people in Nigeria, no Igbo will smell it.

Guess why?

The gap between the rich and poor in Igboland is almost nonexistent. In some other tribes there are very few super rich peeps, then the rest are poor.

Meanwhile amongst the Igbos, everyone is averagely rich, they all strive for the top, no one wants to depend on the other.

Hence the Igbos might collectively be the richest tribe, but individually, they won't smell top 20.

Man City scored the highest number of goals in the premier League, but top 3 highest goal scorers, no single Man City player.

To me that's how a reasonable economy work. Instead of one Alhaji owing a massive estate with 700 buildings, in Ontisha you will see 700 4-storey buildings own by 700 different people.
You are ignorant, there are super rich Igbo guys, Otedola is far below Arthur Eze, ABC Orjiako, Tony Enumelu, Benedict Peters, Emeka Offor, Obijackson and Austin Avuru

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by totit: 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ijaycool:
Kiaaa

Yorubas and Hausas will make up the list of 20 richest people in Nigeria, no Igbo will smell it.

Guess why?

The gap between the rich and poor in Igboland is almost nonexistent. In some other tribes there are very few super rich peeps, then the rest are poor.

Meanwhile amongst the Igbos, everyone is averagely rich, they all strive for the top, no one wants to depend on the other.

Hence the Igbos might collectively be the richest tribe, but individually, they won't smell top 20.

Man City scored the highest number of goals in the premier League, but top 3 highest goal scorers, no single Man City player.

To me that's how a reasonable economy work. Instead of one Alhaji owing a massive estate with 700 buildings, in Ontisha you will see 700 4-storey buildings own by 700 different people.

The goal should be lifting of your brother, not enslaving them.

Can the boldned be proven without running round about like a headless-chicken when ask to prove so?

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by subcbouy: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2019
Step aside after bankruptcy?
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by totit: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2019
Johnnyessence:
they will be tired of that soon cos' alot of foreign investors are already on that now. ICT is the gold mine I'm seeing. in 30 years to come, ICT will still exist. femi otedola quit cos' he has seen the future already, if you don't mind, alot of people are investing heavily on oil now, even fg is investing more than private investors. even politicians are into oil business, so the sector is over crowded already. in 10 years to this time, ICT will be the huge gold mine in business sector.

You try for this one ---I must agree with on this one. cool

Kudos
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by springtech(m): 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2019
iammo1:
shocked

Power sector and Refiney seems to be the new Gold mine now, with this oil and gas tycoon divesting into Power and Energy, Nigerians would pay through their noses for the electricity supplied.

Provided it is steady/constant, I am sure most Nigerians won’t complain about the cost.
My definition of constant is 15-20hrs everyday.

Conservatively I spend 1k on fuel daily.
That’s 30k in a month.
Getting just 10-12 hrs of usage.
Think of the maintenance cost for the generator.
The air and noise pollution.
The health hazard to mention a few.

I will happily pay that 30k to the power company giving me a constant supply of (18-20 hrs) daily.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Johnnyessence(m): 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ijaycool:
Kiaaa

Guess why?

you have said it all here. you understand the game well.
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by CanadaOrBust: 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2019
SuperBlack:
He's still a Billionaire though

In Football, They Call it New Challenge

Stop giving wrong info. Femi Otedola is not a billionaire

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Johnnyessence(m): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2019
totit:

You try for this one ---I must agree with on this one. cool
Kudos
you are welcome.
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Ijaycool(f): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

You are ignorant, there are super rich Igbo guys, Otedola is far below Arthur Eze, ABC Orjiako, Tony Enumelu, Benedict Peters, Emeka Offor, Obijackson and Austin Avuru

My brother these guys are 'poor' when you name real rich Igbo guys, these guys are just famous. If you decide to name 'super rich' Igbos, you will write list tire. If so many peeps are super rich amongst them, it means they are all equally 'rich', hence the non-existent rich Vs poor dichotomy

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Alejobs: 5:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
We may be anonymous but not robot
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by aalangel(f): 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2019
wallex1983:
I think Femi is already seeing what many of us are not seeing.

It's only greedy entrepreneurs that holds on to a business when the parameters show they should step aside.

Remember Dangote also sold Dangote flours to Olam

It was a bid...he hasn't sold it.
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Johnnyessence(m): 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2019
SuperBlack:
He's still a Billionaire though

In Football, They Call it New Challenge
he's a billionaire in Nigeria currency, but millionaire in foreign currency.
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by jaxxy(m): 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2019
Johnnyessence:

ICT and Power. Without power there’s no ICT.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by shaklisco(m): 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ijaycool:
Kiaaa

Guess why?

ur opinion thou,u reason like a fish

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Alejobs: 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
If you go in a hurry, coming back may be slow and painful
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Johnnyessence(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2019
Alzirida:

U are right.

I think agriculture is another sector people rarely look into. Big opportunities are there
yes but storage facilities destroyed agricultural products and this one destroyed agriculture business. If power isn't stable agriculture will still not survive, but if you are talking of ICT and oil sector, these ones are gold mine. agriculture sector will have been the gold mine, but insecurity situations in Nigeria isn't enabling agriculture to survive. look at Holland, most of their business are agriculture cos' their security architecture is superb, power supply is stable, they are even diversifying their economy to solar energy.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Ijaycool(f): 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2019
totit:

Can the boldned be proven without running round about like a headless-chicken when ask to prove so?

...the bolded is how you love to see human, u love us to be like headless chicken, so you can spill the blood of 'baboons'...my dear we are doing business and prospering, we are not looking for skulls
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Johnnyessence(m): 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2019
jaxxy:

ICT and Power. Without power there’s no ICT.
yes without power there's no ICT, but do you know that some of these ICT companies are running their firm with generators and solar energy. besides please when is Nigeria going to generate 10000 mega watts of electricity in Nigeria. 4 years gone in buhari government, still Nigeria hasn't reach 5000MW, adenuga that invested much in ICT is running his firm by oil he invested in the Niger delta too. that's why he's not floating in the Nigeria economy.
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by totit: 5:48pm On Jun 19, 2019
Ijaycool:

...the bolded is how you love to see human, u love us to be like headless chicken, so you can spill the blood of 'baboons'...my dear we are doing business and prospering, we are not looking for skulls

I only asked a simple question not some sermon. Are you running,or afraid , or couldn't prove your forecast assumptions ? cheesy

Typical of you lot.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by Acidosis(m): 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2019
Of course, he has to resign while the biggest shareholder takes over.

The new owner is Abdulwasiu Sowami, the businessman behind Prudent Energy and Services Ltd. Sowami, who lives in Ogba, Lagos, was virtually unknown in Nigeria until his name propped up as the new proprietor of Forte Oil.

Kudos to the new owner!
Re: Breaking: Femi Otedola Leaves Forte Oil As Chairman by veeberry(m): 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2019
AND THIS IS ARTHUR EZE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Preventing People From Accessing Their Money Via ATM Is An Invitation To Anarchy / "5k Is Not Small Money In This Buhari Weather"- Angry First Bank Customer / Diamond Bank: Birthed By The Father Buried By The Son - Mazi Obioma Ezenwobodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.