Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) (15598 Views)

Akwa United Player Proposes To Girlfriend At Stadium Before Kick-off (photos) / How Nigerian Mentality In Education Is Slowly Killing Our Youths / FG To Declare State Of Emergency In Education Sector In April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by OndoFirstBorn(m): 7:30am On Jun 20, 2019
About 700 public primary schools in Ondo State have been renovated.

This is coming two years after Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu assumed office.

He had vowed to promote quality and sustainable education that will ensure technological growth never experienced in the state.

“Unless we take the issue of education seriously, our quest for development will not only be unrealisable, but regrettably, laughable,” he said, lamenting the state he met the education sector.

“This is a deplorable process, which regrettably, culminates in the award of varying shades of certificates to individuals, who lack capacity to apply knowledge to solve problems,” he added.

Since the beginning of the Akeredolu-led administration, the Ondo State government has paid N3.7 billion as counterpart funding for basic education, which was matched by the Federal Government through the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) to revamp the primary education sector.

The government also constructed toilet facilities in about 300 of the primary schools that have been renovated.

Among the benefitting schools are St Jude’s Primary School, Obinehin; Don Bosco School, Ondo and St Andrew’s Primary School, Elegbeka.

Many educators and parents, while seeking more attention on public schools, have praised the Akeredolu-led administration for its efforts so far.

They said the schools would have been much better if previous administrations had paid similar attention to education in the state.

A retired head teacher in IIe-Oluji, who spoke in confidence said: “You will agree with me that most of our schools would have been in a lot better shape if other administrations had paid better or similar attention to education in Ondo State.

“However, I would love to see the government extend its programme to other schools needing attention in the state. This move is beginning to yield results and life is gradually returning to the state-owned primary schools.”

Ondo State Universal Basic Education (SUBEB)Chairman, Princess Oladunni Odu told The Nation that new building are still being constructed along with supply of furniture, provision of boreholes and other facilities.

According to Mrs Odu, another 314 projects would be awarded very soon in various primary schools, including agricultural materials, sporting equipment and 77 containerised toilets.

“We want to make education attractive through functional system with training and re-training of teachers. Parents are now satisfied with public schools, there are more qualified teachers, adequate security and conducive environment,” she said.

In order to boost teachers’ morale, the state government recently rolled out promotion letters to 1,800 primary school teachers in the state. They were promoted after a rigorous screening exercise carried out by SUBEB.

The promoted teachers were said to have scored high marks in characters and performed well in the examination and interview conducted for them.

This is in addition to the recruitment of more primary schools teachers, which the SUBEB Chairman said is happening for the first time since 2006.

The Nigeria Union of Teachers, (NUT) Chairman, Ondo State chapter, Mr. Victor Amoko, lauded the state government for the kind gesture.

The promotion, Amoko said, would motivate the teachers. He urged them to reciprocate the kind gesture by putting in their best in impacting knowledge on the pupils.

Also speaking on the progress in the education sector, Chief Imam of Akure, Alhaji Akorede, lauded Governor Akeredolu for resuscitating Akure Muslim School. “For a long time, the Muslims community in Akure watched as the school went in ruins, as many parents took their children to other schools.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ondos-investment-in-education-paying-off-2/amp/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by OndoFirstBorn(m): 7:34am On Jun 20, 2019
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by iammo1(m): 7:36am On Jun 20, 2019
cool

I must commend the quality of the structure, however State schools need a plan and structure to finance school renovation every term end before the degeneration becomes overwhelming

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by OndoFirstBorn(m): 7:38am On Jun 20, 2019
And more

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by amaniro: 7:42am On Jun 20, 2019
The color is too shouty. Though, it's good but I don't expect this from a state governor. I expect this from an LGA chairman if we're telling ourselves the truth.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by OndoFirstBorn(m): 7:44am On Jun 20, 2019
More... The last picture; Christ Anglican grammar school, Idanre

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by Timmypromise(m): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2019
Yaba in ondo state
Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by Sanromeo(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2019
amaniro:
The color is too shouty. Though, it's good but I don't expect this from a state governor. I expect this from an LGA chairman if we're telling ourselves the truth.

Since you have a PhD in public administration, mention one state in Nigeria where the LG Chairmen are doing something like this and draw its graph against that of Ondo State. (100marks)

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by Iyajelili(f): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2019
Very commendable act but we need maintenance of infrastructures as a new and compulsory course in all tiers of education in this country. Maintenance of existing infrastructures in Nigeria is very very poor and it is one of the reasons we spend the limited resources we have.

1 Like

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by Onlinealaba(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2019
But these designs are archaic with bushy environment more modern designs like public schools in Osun..one tin i respect Ogbeni Rauf for.. public schools should not look like modern polutry farms

18 Likes

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by ednut1(m): 11:48am On Jun 20, 2019
Can their children or grand children go there

4 Likes

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by solmusdesigns: 11:49am On Jun 20, 2019
smiley

maintanace is the key
Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by Sanromeo(m): 11:49am On Jun 20, 2019
The government also constructed toilet facilities in about 300 of the primary schools that have been renovated.

Modified: Some people are shouting that, why didn't he build Mega schools like the previous administration in the state, When Mimiko was building the mega schools, did he pay the salaries of the school teachers? If you build ultra-modern buildings and not pay the salaries of the workers, what's the importance? Will the teachers be motivated to give quality education? Governor Akeredolu came on board and cleared all the arrears owed by the previous administration while paying workers as and when due. How many pupils have access to these mega schools in the first place ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by Bbbwings: 11:49am On Jun 20, 2019
Eye service., Empty buildings
Where are the labs.
Where are the ict units
This is just the first step undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by senchris(m): 11:50am On Jun 20, 2019
Look at what a whole state government is celebrating. I weep for Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by Archmage(m): 11:50am On Jun 20, 2019
It is sad that our governments consider mere painting and facelifts of schools as investments in education. Not much is being done about the quality of teachers, the content of the curriculum and the proper integration of IT skills. undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by RexTramadol1: 11:50am On Jun 20, 2019
Not so bad, besides that's the colour of the sunshine state.

Good stuff.
Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by Qudusayo: 11:51am On Jun 20, 2019
amaniro:

Bros wetin naa about 700 schools renovated and you still find a means to criticize it. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by senchris(m): 11:51am On Jun 20, 2019
Look at what a whole state government is celebrating in 2019. I weep for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:51am On Jun 20, 2019
Seriously, I must say the past and present administration in Ondo state did a wonderful job in the education sector.
Especially in the primary and secondary education. Moving to Ondo state, I though I won't find a standard school around but to my surprise, I started seeing mega schools everywhere. Built by the government!
Some universities don't even have the facilities I saw in some of those primary school!

3 Likes

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by mutumina007: 11:51am On Jun 20, 2019
Well done Gov. Akeredolu...well done!! Proud of this State, The Sunshine State! My State!

5 Likes

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2019
Go back there after 2 years and see the state of the structures. Sad but true
Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by chukwuibuipob: 11:52am On Jun 20, 2019
sad seen
Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:53am On Jun 20, 2019
If it is in the north east some good for nothing people will be thinking of how to bomb them and carting away their girls

3 Likes

Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:53am On Jun 20, 2019
Na small Pikin dey worry am. Something that is prepared both for the rain and dry and very dry harmattan season.... That is the colour for the environment

Sanromeo:

Since you have a PhD in public administration, mention one state in Nigeria where the LG Chairmen are doing something like this and draw its graph against that of Ondo State. (100marks)
Re: Ondo’s Investment In Education Paying Off (photos) by iambabaG: 11:56am On Jun 20, 2019
Nice structures are important..
But the teachers are importantanter!
Employ qualified and competent teacher and pay them well and as at when due

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNESCO Seeks Osun’s Permission To Adopt, Reproduce Opon Imo / Obaseki Approves Automatic Employment Of First-class Graduates Of Edo Origin / Have You Received Your JAMB Mock Exam Score?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.