Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments (27548 Views)

Femi Otedola Gifts All 750 Students Of Augustine University N1 Million Each / Prof. Augustine Nwagbara Tasks Government And Universities On Diaspora Phenomeno / Video Of Nigerian Prof. Austin Nwagbara That Made Ghana Sack Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by vaxx: 1:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
ken6488:

angry OK till then you people will regret bitting the fingers that feed you
chest beating as usual.... : grin
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by babytoun: 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
Then you are not in touched with reality. You and the prof are living in utopia

No erudite scholar will sound that way anyway. Most at times, illiterates also cut their way into the midst of intellectual.

What exactly did he say that erudite scholars don't or should not say ?

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by vaxx: 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2019
babytoun:

What exactly did he say that erudite scholars don't or should not say ?
maybe you need the video to be interpreted in your local dialect at least for a better understanding.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by ken6488(m): 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
chest beating as usual.... : grin

grin Nigeria remains the giant of Africa grin

Leave it or love it..

We rule your country economic grin

Nothing is special in Ghana...

I rather go to Egypt than Ghana...

I love my country

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by babytoun: 1:27pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
maybe you need the video to be interpreted in your local dialect at least for a better understanding.

That is my problem with people like you ...

I won't fall for your trick.....please state the exact inciting part of his statement ...

If even someone like you who has some level of education can't articulate your grievance ...then I can understand the negative sentiments from low literacy elements
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by thesicilian: 1:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
I read the last paragraph twice and I conclude the man is a war monger. Give it to any security analyst and let them analysed the gruesome effect of that utterances.

If he try this in Libya during gaddafi reign, he will not see the second day, as he will be sleeping peacefully in his grave. GHANA is indeed peaceful.
He was talking off camera (not aware he was being filmed) to his own people to sit up for themselves, to "protest" using peaceful means, the media. How is that war mongering?
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by agbajor27: 1:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
johnmartus:
grin cheesy you can't bite the hands that feeding you and think all is well.
You can bite that hand if it is feeding you poison.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Henri8: 1:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
Destroyerofyeeb:
I watched the video, although I don't approve of what some igbos do in Ghana but I stand with this professor. These hateful ghanian bastards need to be put in their place. Na condition make crayfish bend oo we no be mate.
Is it only Igbo Nigerians that live and do business in Ghana?
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by permit(m): 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
Thanks to this Igbo man, Nigerians are dying in silence over there in Ghana just because of stupid leadership down here embarassed

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by vaxx: 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
ken6488:

grin Nigeria remains the giant of Africa grin

Leave it or love it..

We rule your country economic grin

Nothing is special in Ghana...

I rather go to Egypt than Ghana...

I love my country
Ok. Chest beating continue.

Don't replicate chest beating life styles in Egypt. Egypt takes no nonsense. Your judgment will be worst than what the Nigeria army are facing in Sambisa.

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Henri8: 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
Amah70:

Abroad, president Buhari called you and other Nigerian youths criminals and lazy.

And the idiot did nothing.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by travismacoy: 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
The truth is biter well done Prof
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by babytoun: 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
permit:
Thanks to this Igbo man, Nigerians are dying in silence over there in Ghana just because of stupid leadership down here embarassed

You guys should stop this nonsense of Igbo or Yoruba talk here ....very soon una go derail this thread to tribal one .....

the issue here is more serious ..he spoke as a Nigerian and I support him 100%
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by ken6488(m): 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
Ok. Chest beating continue.

Don't replicate chest beating life styles in Egypt. Egypt takes no nonsense. Your judgment will be worst than what the Nigeria army are facing in Sambisa.
To extend of mocking our troops I don't blame you

I blame our government......

Yet we are the pillar of your economy

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Henri8: 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
thesicilian:
Check out exactly what he said and judge if there's anything wrong with this. Instead of all Nigerians to support him they're talking thrash.

I don't see anything wrong in what he has said.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by tommy589(m): 1:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:
The prof is a true patriotic Nigerian cheesy He has Nigeria's interest at heart. He places his country men above his job. Kudos man.

Thank you
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Greatzeus(m): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2019
He thinks he's in Nigeria where they chest beat and make hate speech,blame every other tribe for their predicament and go Scot free. Serves him right
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by obama30: 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2019
MrAnele:
The University of Education (UEW) has, with immediate effect, sacked its visiting Nigerian lecturer, Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara over comments he made in a video that has since gone viral.

Prof. Nwagbara was arrested on Tuesday but later granted bail for allegedly inciting the Nigerian community in Ghana to devise strategies that will destroy Ghana’s image internationally.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the University said the comments by the lecturer were inimical to the country’s educational sector, hence his dismissal.

“The University is highly disturbed by the huge embarrassment his unguarded statement has brought to the institution, the Ministry of Education, and indeed, Ghana as a whole. The University after subjecting Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara to the internal disciplinary process finds him culpable of gross misconduct and has, accordingly dismissed him.”

The University said, although Prof. Nwagbara has been on sabbatical leave from its Department of Applied Linguistics since October 2018, his comments after it set up an internal disciplinary process observed that the utterances were ‘ unsavoury, unethical and damning about the country, its history as well as its educational system. The University totally dissociates itself from the grossly irresponsible comments and condemns it in no uncertain terms.”

“The University apologises to Ghanaians for Prof. Nwagbara disparaging remarks about this country’s educational system and further indicates that the comment was full of factual inaccuracies”, portions of the statement added.

Read the full statement below:

PRESS RELEASE
PROFESSOR AUGUSTINE UZOMA NWAGBARA DISMISSED FROM UEW

1. The University of Education Winneba wishes to inform the general public that it has taken a very serious view of the video circulating on social media, involving Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara.

2. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara, a Professor of English Language, has been on sabbatical at the Department of Applied Linguistics since October, 2018.

3. In the said video, Prof. Nwagbara makes several unsavoury, unethical and damning comments about our country, its history as well as its educational system. The University totally dissociates itself from the grossly irresponsible comments and condemns it in no uncertain terms.

4. The University is highly disturbed by the huge embarrassment his unguarded statement has brought to the institution, the Ministry of Education, and, indeed, Ghana as a whole.

5. The University, upon receipt of the video, immediately invoked its internal disciplinary process to fully examine his conduct relative to the content of the video.

7. The University wishes to indicate that it has in the past hosted several scholars on sabbatical leave from various countries, including Nigeria, and same have conducted themselves with high degree of decorum and professionalism during their stay. Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara’s behaviour is totally deviant and an aberration that runs contrary to those of his predecessors or the others currently at post.

8. The University after subjecting Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara to internal disciplinary process finds him culpable of gross misconduct and has, accordingly, dismissed him.
9. The University apologises to Ghanaians for Prof. Nwagbara’s disparaging remarks about this country’s educational system and further indicates that the comments were full of factual inaccuracies.

Thank you
Signed
Registrar

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/UEW-dismisses-Nigerian-Professor-over-inciteful-comments-756496

watch the video

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/UEW-s-dismissal-of-Nigerian-professor-appropriate-Mensah-Bonsu-756609
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by rkennyking(m): 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2019
I dont know when saying the truth becomes an incitement. If even the scholars and elite in Ghana can't speak up in the face of injustice foreigners in Ghana are made to go through then they dont deserved to be called scholars. I call on Nigeria to do what Ghana is currently doing to out brothers yo every Ghanaian in Nigeria too

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by vaxx: 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
thesicilian:

He was talking off camera (not aware he was being filmed) to his own people to sit up for themselves, to "protest" using peaceful means, the media. How is that war mongering?
He made a provocative statement without factual data, saying the new administration of Ghana came purposely for Nigeria negativity . That is so foolish of him . No sensitive country will take that, Nigeria gov't can react negatively with such move assuming it is a true statement.

Actually, it was a secrete meeting between some selected Nigerians in the country. He was invited to also share ideas just like someone did before him. But his voice and idea become very implicative. And someone among those who invited him ( The Nigerians whom i think disagree with his idea or think he may air the idea on social media to reprimand Ghanaian how hard they are preparing for comeback actually made him become a public nuisance.

As at yesterday, he was heavily interrogated by Ghana police and more info was gathered from him ( that will soon become a public news later) he was seen looking very remorseful as he feel very betray by his own fellow Nigerians and at the same regret his utterances.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by vaxx: 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
ken6488:
To extend of mocking our troops I don't blame you

I blame our government......

Yet we are the pillar of your economy
grin
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by nifeicon: 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
Prof. you are our hero.
Even Jesus Christ was crucified for wanting to save the world.
The Lord will sort you out...

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by vaxx: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2019
babytoun:

That is my problem with people like you ...

I won't fall for your trick.....please state the exact inciting part of his statement ...

If even someone like you who has some level of education can't articulate your grievance ...then I can understand the negative sentiments from low literacy elements
Hopefully you have gotten an interpreter? If so, what elude your reasoning for his polarity and subjectivity statement?
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by goodnewsbabe: 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2019
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by babytoun: 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
Hopefully you have gotten an interpreter? If so what elude your reasoning for his polarity and subjectivity statement?

I have summarised the message from his statements ...look at the page before this you will see my submission ..

Now I want you to articulate your grievance possibly in 4 lines ...and you are asking me to get an interpreter ...How is the prof wrong by stating the obvious about the standard of education ?
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Bar1941(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2019
Jayslicky:
The man goofed and he is a shame to Nigerians, why try to spoil your fellow Africans image, even if it was done to make Nigeria superior to ghana it still doesn't make it right, Nigeria has a lot to learn from ghana and ghana has a lot to learn from Nigeria, we complement each other.

Which crazy goof are you talking about, the man said it the way it is, It's high time we started dealing with these senseless Ghanians, their hatred for Nigerians is second to none.

2 Likes

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by budaatum: 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2019
vaxx:
buda thank your star, you are not sharing the same CONTINENT with such an animal . From my own perspective. He even don't love Nigeria ( he is one of those who go on preaching breakaway) from their bedroom
Thank what? When they are beating me in Qatar do they care that I'm not on the same continent with this pitiable excuse for a professor? Is it not the students of this same professor who will come on here thinking they have education while spewing thrash this useless professor taught them?

I don't see what there is to be thankful for vaxx because wherever I am I am Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Just30: 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2019
rkennyking:
I dont know when saying the truth becomes an incitement. If even the scholars and elite in Ghana can't speak up in the face of injustice foreigners in Ghana are made to go through then they dont deserved to be called scholars. I call on Nigeria to do what Ghana is currently doing to out brothers yo every Ghanaian in Nigeria too
His comments had no facts in them

breached social norms
a call to arms is criminal
His statement lacked common sense

it was completely baseless and a senseless attack on the universities
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by DBlackCeazer(m): 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
My God and country over everything! Idgaf

1 Like

Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by Just30: 2:03pm On Jun 20, 2019
thesicilian:

the part were he give a call to arms

thats war mongering and that is what they police is charging him with
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by vaxx: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2019
budaatum:

Thank what? When they are beating me in Qatar do they care that I'm not on the same continent with this pitiable excuse for a professor? Is it not the students of this same professor who will come on here thinking they have education while spewing thrash this useless professor taught them?

I don't see what there is to be thankful for vaxx because wherever I am I am Nigeria.
but Buda, sensitive lssues demand objectivity. Where you are, it is humanity first before nationality. And that to me count.
Re: Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments by babytoun: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2019
Just30:
His comments had no facts in them

breached social norms
a call to arms is criminal
His statement lacked common sense

it was completely baseless and a senseless attack on the universities

Call to arms ? How ?

Breached social norms ? By calling the Nigerian media to cover the positives of Nigerians living in Ghana since the Ghanian media enjoys only negative reports on Nigerians ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Student, Tobi Olasunkanmi Tops UK Varsity / What To Do With A 2.89 CGPA / NISD Second Edition (Planning Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.