Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Library of Birmingham - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Library of Birmingham (1157 Views)

Professional E-book Writers Needed (continuous Work And Handsome Pay) / Children's Book Writers Needed. / Writers Wanted In Every City In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Library of Birmingham by FirstbornWds: 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2019
Built to replace the previous Central Library, inaugurated in 1974 on a project by the architect John Madin, the New Central Library of Birmingham (UK) can boast of being the largest public library in Europe. The new library, designed by Dutch studio Mecanoo Architecten, was inaugurated in September 2013 and replaced the previous Brutalist-style building. The intervention is part of the urban fabric of Centenary Square, the main square of the British city, more precisely between the Repertory Theater, built in the sixties, and the Baskerville House, a massive stone-clad building of the mid-thirties .

Mecanoo's design reinterprets the square through three distinct levels: that of representation, that of sociality and that of culture. Access to the building is via a pedestrian path very popular with citizens that passes through Centenary Square (the Mecanoos have renamed this path "the red line"wink. The relationship with the square is also for this reason privileged: the whole structure is designed and oriented around the central square, so as to indissolubly join the context. Even the gigantic overhang of the first level of the library is not only a large canopy that offers shelter to the (shared) entrance to the Library and the Repertory Theater, but also constitutes a large balcony overlooking the events and events taking place in the square .

However, what immediately jumps to the eye, of the building, is its singular external appearance, characterized by a coating patternof intertwined rings with a sparkling effect that overlaps an alternation of silver and gold colors and glass on the facade. The obvious reference is to the “Jewelery Quarter”, the area of ​​the city of Birmingham which was once an important center of jewelery production in Great Britain. These rings cast dynamic shadows inside the reading rooms in the central part of the building, while allowing a wide diffusion of natural lighting. The new space, which occupies an area of ​​35,000 square meters, is spread over nine floors, three of which are not accessible to the public, and therefore doubles the capacity of the previous Madin building, being able to accommodate from 5,000 to 10,000 people a day. From a volumetric point of view the building is defined through the combination of rectangular blocks, four to be exact, which generate several terraces and canopies arranged in green. Inside, however, the building has several overhangs and intermediate floors. At the lowest level, the structure opens onto a circular courtyard which can also be used as an informal amphitheater if necessary. Another strong point of the structure are the main reading rooms, which extend from a central rotunda in the building and alternate bookcases and study spaces, with some special "reading counters" with stools arranged along the external perimeter (overlooking the square). The lower levels house the archives and spaces for research, while an ovoid-shaped environment in the upper area of ​​the library houses the "Shakespeare Memorial Room", which dates back to 1882 and which collects a rich series of works by the English playwright. This Victorian reading room is paneled in wood from the time of Birmingham's first Central Library.

Another strong point of the Mecanoo project is energy efficiency (the intervention obtained the BREEAM Excellent classification). The building is equipped with water collection systems and geothermal heat pumps. Even though the library is a transparent building, sustainability is maintained through the mass of the building and through the atriums which create a buffer effect against energy dispersion. The reflective materials inside the facades and their shadow block the sun's rays during the early afternoon, however the residual natural light is sufficient to illuminate the interiors. The ground floor benefits from the benefits deriving from the isolation and the buffer effectprovided by the soil. The circular patio of the square creates in turn a protected outdoor space and allows good natural lighting inside the structure. The building also makes use of a skilful strategy of natural and mixed ventilation. The addition of green spaces on the roof further enhances the natural insulation of the roofs and also defines pleasant resting and reading spaces in the city center.
Re: Library of Birmingham by hawwal84: 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
Here is a copy of the email sent to you which returned as a failed delivery.

Sequel to your Nairaland thread post requesting the services of serious writers, I humbly put forth my service at your disposal.

I currently work as freelance writer on Upwork (https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~01d92b37534be5fb98/), where you can verify my profile. I promise if hired to provide well written articles which are free from grammatical errors and proofread both manually and with the aid of premium Grammarly software. Furthermore, I promise well researched and well written articles using the sandwich writing frame to provide clarity to the writing project.

I promise a plagiarism free manuscript which can be ascertained using copyscape or any other plagiarism tool of choice. Furthermore, I assure you of delivering on time and will be available at all times for updates germane to the success of any project assigned.

In case the assigned project requires the signing of non-disclosure agreement or ghostwriting, I will appendage my signature and assure that all rights are confidential.

Looking forward to positively hearing from you and to the start of a smooth working relationship.

I thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Lawal A.
08053023862 (Whatsapp/Call)

PS: Attached is a writing sample for your perusal.

FirstbornWds:
We currently need the services of professional and experienced e-book writers.
You will be required to write a plagiarism-free e-book within a stipulated period of time.

We need a hardworking, serious and intelligent writers who are able craft well-written content on varieties of non-fictional topics, cooking recipes and so on. Plagiarism free and well-written articles or ebooks.
We don't want someone who just rewrites words and the overall meaning is distorted. If our requirements sounds like you then please leave your contact line and emails below. There are lots of ebooks job for you to work on that will keep you busy for a long time. The topics are however quite technical and would require that you do quite some researches before carefully churning out readable, and enticing content.
As aforesaid, If all goes well, we will be having a professional, progressive and long term business relationship.
NB: ONLY EXPERIENCED E-BOOK WRITERS SHOULD APPLY WITH THEIR SAMPLES

Drop your contact details; Whatsapp number and emails below. We'll contact you immediately or send a mail to firstbornwds@gmail.com

Best wishes
TopWriters

Re: Library of Birmingham by Premiumwriter: 7:29am On Jun 21, 2019
FirstbornWds:
You will be required to write a plagiarism-free e-book within a stipulated period of time.

We need a hardworking, serious and intelligent writers who are able craft well-written content on varieties of non-fictional topics, cooking recipes and so on. Plagiarism free and well-written articles or ebooks.
We don't want someone who just rewrites words and the overall meaning is distorted. If our requirements sounds like you then please leave your contact line and emails below. There are lots of ebooks job for you to work on that will keep you busy for a long time. The topics are however quite technical and would require that you do quite some researches before carefully churning out readable, and enticing content.
As aforesaid, If all goes well, we will be having a professional, progressive and long term business relationship.

Drop your contact details; Whatsapp number and emails below. We'll contact you immediately or send a mail to firstbornwds@gmail.com

Best wishes
TopWriters
https:///23407055822849
Re: Library of Birmingham by FirstbornWds: 10:04am On Jun 21, 2019
We are still hiring writers. You can continue sending in your applications.
Re: Library of Birmingham by FirstbornWds: 11:43am On Jun 22, 2019
Re: Library of Birmingham by FirstbornWds: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
We are in need of writers that can write fiction ebooks filled with suspense; Horror Romance especially. Kindly send a mail or drop your contact details. ( Whatsapp Number preferably).
Re: Library of Birmingham by SassyAndy21(f): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
FirstbornWds:
We are in need of writers that can write fiction ebooks filled with suspense; Horror Romance especially. Kindly send a mail or drop your contact details. ( Whatsapp Number preferably).

Hey.... I know someone who loves writing horror and he's really good. I can show you a sample of his work. (08122933429)..his WhatsApp.
Re: Library of Birmingham by yewandejoseph(f): 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
FirstbornWds:
You can reach me thru whatsapp with 08063700859. Thank u so much.
Re: Library of Birmingham by Ghanaian(m): 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2019
upwork is making people happy

Approval of all upwork Account
Setup of New upwork profile to get approved immediately within 30mins.
Creating of upwork US, Uk and Canada and other countries account 30mins.

Also Get 3years NORD PREMIUM/UNLIMITED VPN (Just 3users remaining)

We also run training for those that wants to be Creative Writer

Call or whatsapp
Re: Library of Birmingham by Webbiey(f): 11:35am On Jun 28, 2019
FirstbornWds:

interested, contact me on 07037866182
Re: Library of Birmingham by SpaghettiThots: 8:58am On Jul 01, 2019
FirstbornWds:

Best wishes
TopWriters

Hello, your brief sounds interesting. Let's talk. My email is metasaint@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
Re: Library of Birmingham by mosbic: 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2019
Re: Library of Birmingham by FirstbornWds: 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2019
SpaghettiThots:

Hello, your brief sounds interesting. Let's talk. My email is metasaint@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Kindly send us a mail instead containing your Whatsapp details.
Re: Library of Birmingham by FirstbornWds: 7:50am On Jul 18, 2019
Re: Library of Birmingham by SpaghettiThots: 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2019
WhatsApp - 08093136084
Re: Library of Birmingham by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2019
Hi,
I am a creative writer, I consider my writing gift as being innate , and I see it as a value to impact the world, I have written a couple of blog posts and online web contents, I have also written Sales page for an eBook, business model and pitch book, I also proofread/ rewrite documents,
I can write virtually anything, as long as I am given the specifications, I hope I would be considered, thanks in advance.
Contact me on :+2348105273959
Re: Library of Birmingham by FirstbornWds: 12:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
Re: Library of Birmingham by sorority11(m): 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2019

(1) (Reply)

3 Part-time Writers Needed For A Tech Blog 12,000 Per Month / . / Writers Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.