Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

No Safe Haven - A Story By Mariam Bint Haruna About Sudan Massacre - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / No Safe Haven - A Story By Mariam Bint Haruna About Sudan Massacre (445 Views)

The Vitiligo Man - Story By Mariam Bint Haruna / I See You - Mariam Bint Haruna (A Story About A Victim Of Internet Scam. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Safe Haven - A Story By Mariam Bint Haruna About Sudan Massacre by maryamuwane: 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
Everything is happening so quickly, it's too much to comprehend.
I'd gone to school as usual, but Ummu came to get me, we hurried home and I saw many other parents rushing to do the same...
Less than 2 months ago we were happy our president of 30 years was removed from power and everyone was happy, I heard it was the beginning of a great change, I didn't understand but I celebrated with them. We were made to listen to the news more closely and it was less movies for I and my brother.

The happiness was short-lived, few weeks later Abu had been warning us to run home from school if we sense any danger, Ummu was stocking the house with foodstuffs and some other household goods.
... We got home to meet the house empty, Ummu was trying to call Abu but internet was down, Kabir is nowhere to be found. There was chaos everywhere, our gates were locked, curtains were drawn and Ummu keeps shushing me.
Abu rushed in carrying someone, it was Kabir. A bullet had grazed his cheek and he was bleeding profusely. 'the hospitals are closed, internet is down, the soldiers are alkilab'. He cursed angrily. 'This is man's inhumanity to man, all for power', 'we have been in shackles for decades and they are not ready to set us free', he bowed his head.

It's 5 days now, our stocked food are fast running out and I am tired of staying indoors in the dark. There had been banging on our gates, people had tried to break into our house but Allah has been faithful. Abu sneaked out earlier to find out the situation of things, but he ran back in with horror in his eyes. I walked quietly to where he and my mom were talking, my little figure could not be seen in the dark. They were talking about my best friend Asma, I tried to listen harder. Abu spoke in hush tones 'Asma had sneaked from her parents outside to get her doll, but was unlucky to be seen by a brigade and 10 of them took turns on her, raping her till she died'. My voice rang out before I could stop myself, screaming. Abu rushed to my side to cover my mouth, Ummu was crying quietly.

I don't understand, Asma was the sweetest girl in class, she could never hurt a fly. What did she do? Why was my brother shot at? Who are those trying to bring down our gates? Why are we prisoners in our home and on our lands?

Story by Mariam Haruna
Haroonmareeam3@gmail.com

Re: No Safe Haven - A Story By Mariam Bint Haruna About Sudan Massacre by Temmuizza(f): 9:57pm On Jun 20, 2019
Wow this is going to be good am sure,pls op cook more update, bfr u knw it dis place will flowing wt comments, nd hope u will finish dis piece here following bumper to bumper

(1) (Reply)

Read A Story, Tell A Story. / PRIME 2020 / Darkness Of The Morning - Hunterman Grail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.