Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS (38300 Views)

Fake Doctor Arrested For Killing Patients In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by LogicStatement: 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
bikerboy1:
Before you cast your judgement on him...

Remember that over 450 survivors he successfully operated on are still grateful to him.

So?! Because of that we should encourage quackery?
Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by Jman06(m): 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
DrObum:

So, it's the doctors that encouraged people to do patent medicine dealership, whatever that means though?

How did Adewole encourage it?
If you want to call him out, please enlighten us asking the line.
You obviously did not follow the activities of the Adewole administration as minister of health. The man wanted to introduce what he termed tier classification of patent medicine dealers. He had about 3 categories of people he wanted to issue license to operate patent medicine stores. These included; healthcare professionals who are not pharmacists, graduate of any course who wanted to open a drug store and then primary school certificate holders who also wanted to open a drug business! That was the reasoning of a minister who should know better the implication of such system on our healthcare system. Where else in the world is it done He made that proposal despite the fact that we now have more pharmacy schools producing pharmacists! A reasonable minister of health in Nigeria of today should be advocating for closure of all drug stores that are not pharmacies!

Why I'm relating Adewole's action with the topic is because he made that proposal in order to spite pharmacists and I'm sure he had the support of some NMA members (except the smart few who understands the negative impact such would have on medical practice), so he and those who supported him should not complain about quack doctors operating in Nigeria since they didn't see anything wrong in quacks operating drug stores!

Meanwhile, I don't support quackery in any field and if I ever have my way at the helm of affairs in this country, I'll make sure I sanitize the system.

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by highbee02: 8:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
JohnFrankling:
He was even employed by the government �, no background check or paper verification na WA oh

.may be through quota system

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by DrObum(m): 8:34pm On Jun 21, 2019
Jman06:
You obviously did not follow the activities of the Adewole administration as minister of health. The man wanted to introduce what he termed tier classification of patent medicine dealers. He had about 3 categories of people he wanted to issue license to operate patent medicine stores. These included; healthcare professionals who are not pharmacists, graduate of any course who wanted to open a drug store and then primary school certificate holders who also wanted to open a drug business! That was the reasoning of a minister who should know better the implication of such system on our healthcare system. Where else in the world is it done He made that proposal despite the fact that we now have more pharmacy schools producing pharmacists! A reasonable minister of health in Nigeria of today should be advocating for closure of all drug stores that are not pharmacies!

Why I'm relating Adewole's action with the topic is because he made that proposal in order to spite pharmacists and I'm sure he had the support of some NMA members (except the smart few who understands the negative impact such would have on medical practice), so he and those who supported him should not complain about quack doctors operating in Nigeria since they didn't see anything wrong in quacks operating drug stores!

Meanwhile, I don't support quackery in any field and if I ever have my way at the helm of affairs in this country, I'll make sure I sanitize the system.
Do you have evidence to support this claim of some members of NMA supporting the actions of the then minister?
Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by Jman06(m): 8:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
DrObum:

Do you have evidence to support this claim of some members of NMA supporting the actions of the then minister?
I know that many didn't support him, but I have evidence of some that supported him!
Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by Truthbites: 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
Where him picture?
Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by Abkreizi: 8:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
Kaodek:

1. Don't call people such name for their opinion
2. Lol, You believed some lives were lost but disagreed he did 500 surgeries.
3. I will never support illegalities, his case should be treated specially in a way he will learn his lessons and trained more aswell....
4.He's only a victim here because he never had a certificate.
5. We care ..God cures (Medical practitioners)

1. Sorry
2. Its ludicrous to say that he performed 500 surgeries. .. is he the only doctor on ground.
3. Treated specially, how, for murdering 46 people... forging a certificate... treating patients without a licence.... We should now kill cow for him
4. "He is only a victim...." I beg to differ, there are 500 victims in this story and he isnt one.
5. Ok
Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by Abkreizi: 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
Kaodek:

1. Don't call people such name for their opinion
2. Lol, You believed some lives were lost but disagreed he did 500 surgeries.
3. I will never support illegalities, his case should be treated specially in a way he will learn his lessons and trained more aswell....
4.He's only a victim here because he never had a certificate.
5. We care ..God cures (Medical practitioners)

1. Sorry
2. Its ludicrous to say that he performed 500 surgeries. .. is he the only doctor on ground.
3. Treated specially, how, for murdering 46 people... forging a certificate... treating patients without a licence.... We should now kill cow for him
4. "He is only a victim...." I beg to differ, there are 500 victims in this story and he isnt one.
5. Ok
Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by olabolaji(m): 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
bikerboy1:

Remember that over 450 survivors he successfully operated on are still grateful to him.

true talk

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by DonaTee(f): 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2019
dominique:

That's remarkable but the Mustapha that was caught confessed to have forged his certificate. How can one now differentiate between an original and a forged MBBS certificate?

Thé minister for health Who Advised doctors to venture into farming and tailoring if they Dont get a job in Nigeria should be able to give à suitable answer
Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by Kaodek(m): 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
Abkreizi:

1. Sorry
5. Ok

Nice
Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by 9ja083: 12:24am On Jun 22, 2019
udomoh:
It is part of the patients bill of rights introduced by Osinbajo in 2018. Patients now have rights to ask for doctors qualifications even before consultations.

Know your rights.

They should organise an association that will be responsible for checking all private clinics in Nigeria. Millions of fake Dr are in Nigeria.
Those that claim they studied abroad should also be looked into seriously.
Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 22, 2019
Sonia2002:
Can u imagine? He probably went to med school but didn't pass, now his entire family thinks their son is a doctor.

Wasting innocent lives. undecided
didn't you read, he didn't go to med school
Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by Barryseal: 6:54am On Jun 22, 2019
Sonia2002:
Can u imagine? He probably went to med school but didn't pass, now his entire family thinks their son is a doctor.

Wasting innocent lives. undecided

He didn't attend med school. His highest qualification is NABTEB not WAEC. He couldn't have gotten into med school with NABTEB.
He probably picked up the skills while he worked as a janitor/auxiliary nurse in a clinic. He is quite an intelligent guy to be able to accomplish this feat.

Doctors in the medieval era didn't go to universities, they simply learnt as apprentist to their masters who was a sheyman or surgeon. It is unconventional but a very effective way of learning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by sulasa07(m): 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
bikerboy1:

you are right but still I feel like knocking ur head.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS by tck2000(m): 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
I don't know what to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebola Latest: Another Nurse Dies, Doctor In Bad State / 436 New COVID-19 Cases, 161 Discharged And 12 Deaths On June 21 - (2185 Tested) / Mentally Unstable Nigerian Man In Indian Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.