Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,632 members, 7,816,606 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero (22116 Views)

Lazio Beat Juventus To Win Copa Italian Today / Mourinho: Cristiano Might Win COPA America Before Messi / Soundsultan, Ikpeba Play Celebrity Match As Spain & Arsenal Win Copa Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by ackim: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2019
Sergio Aguero admits to being “more anxious to be a champion for Lionel Messi than for me”, with Argentina preparing to go in search of the Copa America crown.

Expectations around the Albiceleste have been played down heading into a major continental tournament on Brazilian soil.

Lionel Scaloni’s side is on the back of a disappointing World Cup in 2018, considered to still be a work in progress.

They can, however, call upon the mercurial talents of Barcelona superstar Messi, and that gives them a chance every time they take to the field.

A five-time Ballon d’Or winner is still waiting on a first senior international title with his country, having previously suffered final heartache at three Copas and the 2014 World Cup.

Manchester City striker Aguero is desperate to bring that barren run to a close, telling Fox Sports Argentina: “I'm more anxious to be a champion for Messi than for me.

“Hopefully one day it happens.

“It's his dream and everyone's dream. I put myself in his place and I want to try to do my best for him to lift the Copa America.

“It's been a long time that he comes here and he suffers. I also suffer.

“We know what he can bring and the rest have to be mentally prepared not to fail.”

Messi has taken in 129 appearances for Argentina, recording 65 goals.

He has tasted U20 World Cup glory, back in 2005, and landed an Olympic gold medal in 2008, but is still waiting on an elusive title with a star-studded first team.

His next quest is due to get underway on June 15, when the Albiceleste take on Colombia.

Aguero is likely to line up alongside him, with the 31-year-old having enjoyed another productive domestic campaign in 2018-19 as he netted 32 times for City and helped them to a historic treble in England.

He has shown no sign of slowing down but admits that he doubted his participation at the Copa America at one stage when Scaloni opted to overlook him.

“When I wasn't being called up I had doubts if I would be there or not,” Aguero added.

“Leo called me in April to tell me I would be called.

“I was very happy, I don't know if it will be the last tournament. We want to win something with the national team.

“We know there's a lot of pressure on Argentina. The smallest mistake and you are eliminated because it's a short tournament.

“You cannot afford to have a bad match, I'll try to do the same as I do with City.”

After facing Colombia, Argentina will then take part in further Group B clashes with Paraguay and Qatar.

Source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/06/i-want-to-win-copa-america-2019-for.html

1 Like

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2019
Am wishing him the best. I must thank all the Niaraland mods for helping us in silencing the mouth of bet scammers, if not they would have start posting their bet rubbish.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2019
Says someone with 1point in 2 games. Lol

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by helinues: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2019
Then play together as a team not like chicken..

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Boom33(m): 10:34am On Jun 21, 2019
Win for your country first before winning for messi undecided undecided

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:34am On Jun 21, 2019
So be it, we the Messi's fans are solidly behind you.

21 Likes

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Warldbest(m): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2019
Make them try next time
Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Timmypromise(m): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2019
Qatar will determine that for una
Am tired of watching Copa America in the night

00:00 kilode

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2019
All these messi slander threads is uncalled for. We all know it's not today that aguero said this

So why bring this up today. So people can laugh at him or what.

Wether he wins or not he's still my favourite player

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 21, 2019
grin grin
Coutinho and James Rodriguez right now

14 Likes

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Mybettingtips(m): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2019
Interview was before the tournament but since then what have they achieved 2-0 loss to Colombia and a lucky 1-1 draw against Paraguay. Win it for Argentine ppl not an ewu that only performs when he plays in Camp Nou.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Beverlyjean(f): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2019
But Messi don't want you in the first team cos he feels it will affect his game.... Cos he thinks he is in Barca
Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by fayrene: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2019
Super Story!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by adediwura1: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2019
DO YOU DESIRE TO OWN A VERY GOOD FOREIGN USED LAPTOP WITH WARRANTY?

THEN YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE…

We have top brands such as Hp, Mac, Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell, Asus, Acer and lots more.

Buy now at affordable price.

HURRY NOW…ONLY SERIOUS BUYERS!!!
Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by badmrkt(m): 10:37am On Jun 21, 2019
oga win Qatar first...u wan win for Messi not for your country...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by blackaxe78: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2019
Fiction!

Not even a miracle can get you out of the group stage.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by cjudy(m): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2019
INTEGRITYA1:
So be it, we the Messi's fans are solidly behind you.
LOL akuko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by blackaxe78: 10:38am On Jun 21, 2019
Chuvin22:
Say someone with 1point in 2 games. Lol

grin grin grin

Dont mind him!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 21, 2019
I do not see Argentina winning any trophy in the nearest future if they do not shift blames, expectations, and success away from this one man called Messi. He is just an individual in the team.

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by nepapole(m): 10:40am On Jun 21, 2019
Useless team

1 Like

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by freemanbubble: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2019
Messi deserve more than those retards are giving him at Argentina
Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2019
2014 World Cup:
Argentina 1-0 Belgium (Higuain),(QF)
Argentina 0-0 Netherlands (PEN 4-2),
(sF)
STATS:
Messi-4 goals,1 assist (0 goals in KO) Higuain-1 goal (QF)
Di Maria-1 goal (RO16)
In this World Cup,Messi tbh was good
but you can see who's the reason to
play further from group stage.
--------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
2015 Copa America:
Argentina 1-0 Uruguay (Aguero),(GS)
Argentina 1-0 Jamaica (Higuain),(GS)
Argentina 0-0 Colombia (PEN 5-4),(QF)
Argentina 6-1 Paraguay (5 diff. goalscorers),(SF)
STATS:
Aguero-3 goals
Di Maria-2 goals,2 assists
Higuain-2 goals
Messi-1 goal,3 assists Messi carried the team huh?
---------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
2016 Copa America:
Argentina 2-1 Chile (Di Maria,Banega),(
Messi didn't play),(GS) Argentina 5-0 Panama (Messix3,+2
goals),(GS)
Argentina 3-0 Bolivia (Messi didnt
score,but assisted),(GS)
Argentina 4-1 Venezuela
(Higuainx2,Messi,Lamela),(QF) Argentina 4-0 USA (Higuainx2,Mess
i,Lavezzi),(SF)
STATS:
Messi-5 goals,4 assists
Higuain-4 goals,1 assist
Lavezzi,Lamela-2 goals+assist Aguero,Banega,Di Maria,Otamendi-1
goal+assist
Here,Messi was the best for Argentina
clearly but you can see how others
stepped up too.
--------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
CONCLUSION:
If teammates didn't step up,Messi
wouldn't have reached those
finals.This holds true for Ronaldo
also.If teammates didn't step up,he too couldn't have reached the final and
won.No one says Ronaldo single-
handedly won it for Portugal too.
But we all know who the goat is!
Someone who delivers when it matters.
Not someone who makes others receive blame for his faults.
Coutinho is blamed for last season CL Knockout.
Higuain is blamed for world cup final defeat.
If they had won it, person no go hear word. Messi did dis, he did that. Lmao. Argue with a liverpool fan not me.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Sanchez01: 10:41am On Jun 21, 2019
Aguero be sounding like a gay over Messi. The main problem of the Argentinian team is none other than Messi. Coaches and his team mates have pushed everything in front of him to succeed but no, he'd never do so because it isn't Barcelona.

They're almost out of the Copa American tourney. Qatar just needs to quash their dreams and that settles it.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by nairalee(m): 10:41am On Jun 21, 2019
Am
Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Mopolchi: 10:42am On Jun 21, 2019
You go grow white bia bia for dia
Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Bomboiy: 10:42am On Jun 21, 2019
Beverlyjean:
But Messi don't want you in the first team cos he feels it will affect his game.... Cos he thinks he is in Barca

And Messi told you this?
Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Kingcesar: 10:42am On Jun 21, 2019
grin grin please also help messi to win the EPL too that one is important. We here will here him win the Afcon. If we don’t help messi, who will?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by nairalee(m): 10:43am On Jun 21, 2019
All these lip service. We need your game play to do the talking and not saying it with mount and producing lackluster performances
Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by majarbimbo: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2019
Argentina will never win any trophy if messi is still part of that team, quote me anywhere,
CR7 was able to win trophy for Portugal just because no much star player In Portuguese team, almost all the player In Portuguese team are average players , unlike Argentina team whose comprises of world best players and none of this player are ready to work their ass out to win a trophy and someone else(Messi) we be apploud for the success.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Win Copa America 2019 For Messi - Aguero by Sammiel: 10:45am On Jun 21, 2019
I have a US-Used Samsung Galaxy note 4 for sale @32K. Phone is faultless with a sharp Camera, 3GB Ram and 32GB internal memory.
Call or whatsapp me if interested.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UCL: CHELSEA vs BARCELONA. What Are Your Predictions? / Pictures And Videos Of The 7th Asisat Oshoala Football Clinic & All-Star Match. / Serena Williams Crashes Out Of French Open

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.