Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? (3398 Views)

Stop Laziness Now !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Olamsoh: 10:53am On Jun 21, 2019
You probably don't realise how mentally disappointing young people in Nigeria are until you have something to do with recruitment.
How these guys want good paying jobs without developing their human capital.
I was to fill a role and it's like i have seen it all.

Is this Laziness or Ignorance?

1 Like

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Jmk9292(m): 11:10am On Jun 21, 2019
Certain aspects of recruitment process and interviews in this country are quite useless, meaningless and uncalled for...
Interviews should go beyond grammar and suites.....

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Avast(m): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2019
Jmk9292:
Certain aspects of recruitment process and interview in this country is quite useless, meaningless and uncalled for...
God bless you sir

3 Likes

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Pascopele: 11:48am On Jun 21, 2019
shocked shocked
Jmk9292:
Certain aspects of recruitment process and interviews in this country are quite useless, meaningless and uncalled for...

3 Likes

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Aidejay(m): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
Olamsoh:
You probably don't realise how mentally disappointing young people in Nigeria are until you have something to do with recruitment.

It's laziness
Ignorance
Fustration
Depression
Anger
Temptation to join the crime world
Tiredness
Impunity
Short fall of expectations
Dissappointent
Sleeplessness
Hunger
Suppression
Fear
Sickness
And many more
I can assure u that at least one or more of these can be found in every youth laziness and ignorance are just the OP's tunnel vision perseption

2 Likes

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Shukusheka(m): 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
What is the aim of this thread again? undecided

Have you ever thought maybe just maybe you are not doing enough to attract the right applicants to apply for the role you intend filling? There are numerous good grauates in this country as there are average ones, you just need to know where to look.

Secondly, it is not really smart of you judging the capability of an entire population's young graduates from the few who sent you an application. After all, perception is subjective.

I'd wager if you posted your CV here many of us would consider your "human capital" disappointing, only difference would be that we won't open an unnecessary thread on nairaland about it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by scave(m): 3:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
I am a graduate of business administration, still looking for job. I do online training to develop myself, currently I am studying Python because I have passion for ICT.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by abdeiz(m): 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
I kind of agree with the OP, I was in the job market until recently and decided to share vacancies I see here to some groups. Sometimes I get DM from job seekers seeking for help towards their cause and I usually proceed to know more about them. It has been disappointed so far, many don't know how to look for jobs, how to prepare for these jobs, talk less about having a career plan and proactive actions towards developing themselves. It's saddening.

Olamsoh:

3 Likes

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by adejohndemi: 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
It's laziness
Ignorance
Fustration
Depression
Anger
Temptation to join the crime world
Tiredness
Impunity
Short fall of expectations
Dissappointent
Sleeplessness
Hunger
Suppression
Fear
Sickness
And many more
I can assure u that at least one or more of these can be found in every youth laziness and ignorance are just the OP's tunnel vision perseption
( Quote ) ( Report ) 1 Like ( Like ) ( Share )

This is a very honest reply, we will do well if we can all wake up to the reality on ground in Nigeria. In a land filled with all this negative vices, circumstances tend to give a wrong impression of who you truly are.

1 Like

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 21, 2019
abdeiz:
I kind of agree with the OP, I was in the job market until recently and decided to share vacancies I see here to some groups. Sometimes I get DM from job seekers seeking for help towards their cause and I usually proceed to know more about them. It has been disappointed so far, many don't know how to look for jobs, how to prepare for these jobs, talk less about having a career plan and proactive actions towards developing themselves. It's saddening.

So what did you do about it? Maybe you should follow Joe Abah on Twitter and learn how to be a leader
Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by ayusco85(m): 6:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
scave:
I am a graduate of business administration, still looking for job. I do online training to develop myself, currently I am studying Python because I have passion for ICT.

Python dance?
Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Robisky001(m): 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
There's no perfect candidate out there especially when it has to do with fresh graduate. It is part of the recruiters responsibility to develop the intending employee to what he or she wanted especially when the candidate has the potential.

1 Like

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by abdeiz(m): 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

So what did you do about it? Maybe you should follow Joe Abah on Twitter and learn how to be a leader

For sure I would not have come here to tell strangers if I hadn't done something to guide them.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by chloride6: 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
Half of the problem of unemployment in Nigeria is that a lot of folks are unemployable..

Plain simple

3 Likes

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by wiseone28: 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2019
Olamsoh:

So we should fry akara?
Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Memberclub(m): 10:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
Olamsoh:

No. it's a 3rd world country.

1 Like

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by saxha: 1:43am On Jun 22, 2019
Olamsoh:

perhaps this is true, but not in all cases. Fresh graduate with no prior practical experience can't be a solid product all of a sudden. Talking about walking before running.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2019
Jmk9292:

intersting...how will you add value to a country if recruiters can not test your ability? human capital is more than CV
Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 22, 2019
Shukusheka:

Have you ever thought maybe just maybe you are not doing enough to attract the right applicants to apply for the role you intend filling? There are numerous good grauates in this country as there are average ones, you just need to know where to look.

Secondly, it is not really smart of you judging the capability of an entire population's young graduates from the few who sent you an application. After all, perception is subjective.

I'd wager if you posted your CV here many of us would consider your "human capital" disappointing, only difference would be that we won't open an unnecessary thread on nairaland about it.

you are ignorant..you think human capital is all about CV alone, it is about adding value to a firm, your creativity, your ideas and time..the purpose of every firm is to find employees that will make more cash for them using their ideas.
Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 22, 2019
Olamsoh:

i think both jobseekers and employers are to be blaim, many jobseekers think having a certificate is all but human capital is more than having certificate another stuff is, when jobseekers hears the salary being paid, he gets disappointed and unmotivated to improve himself, the reality is many job seeker apply for jobs to fulfill their physiological need of survival

2 Likes

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Shukusheka(m): 11:12am On Jun 22, 2019
lilwetdick:

you are ignorant..you think human capital is all about CV alone, it is about adding value to a firm, your creativity, your ideas and time..the purpose of every firm is to find employees that will make more cash for them using their ideas.
You are more ignorant. How do you judge an applicant's human capital if not by what he has on his/her CV as well as interviewing him or her. All that bull about adding value and creativity won't amount to nothing if there is no avenue to find the right candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 22, 2019
Shukusheka:
You are more ignorant. How do you judge an applicant's human capital if not by what he has on his/her CV as well as interviewing him or her. All that bull about adding value and creativity won't amount to nothing if there is no avenue to find the right candidate.

let be educate you.. there are thousands of people without certificate or cv who have added more growth to an organisations than millions of educated graduates with CV, anyway, your cv is just for your soft skills and hard skills...your human capital is the idea, creativity, experience,you have, no interview can judge an applicant on his human capital...interviews mostly are just to know if you have the ability to work in an organisation, the human capital is what values are you adding to the company growth.

Human capital is the stock of habits, knowledge, social and personality attributes (including creativity) embodied in the ability to perform labor so as to produce economic value. Human capital is unique and differs from any other capital. It is needed for companies to achieve goals, develop and remain innovative.
Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Shukusheka(m): 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2019
lilwetdick:
[s]

let be educate you.. there are thousands of people without certificate or cv who have added more growth to an organisations than millions of educated graduates with CV, anyway, your cv is just for your soft skills and hard skills...your human capital is the idea, creativity, experience,you have, no interview can judge an applicant on his human capital...interviews mostly are just to know if you have the ability to work in an organisation, the human capital is what values are you adding to the company growth.

Human capital is the stock of habits, knowledge, social and personality attributes (including creativity) embodied in the ability to perform labor so as to produce economic value. Human capital is unique and differs from any other capital. It is needed for companies to achieve goals, develop and remain innovative.[/s]
You can judge an applicant's human capital by asking the right questions during interviews and even by merely looking at his CV, forget all this balderdash you just went to copy and paste from Wikipedia.

An applicant's level of experience is right there on his CV, if you need further validation, you ask ask him questions pertaining to what kind of experience you desire during an interview.

An applicants level of creativity can be assessed by case study. You can judge how creative they are by how they tackled the problem and by what solution they proffered to the case study. There might be one or two outliers, regardless, the success rate is quite high. Professionals have been doing this for ages.

My point by the way is why is Op here maligning young graduates of being unemployable when he is not looking for the right candidate in the right place. There are a thousand and one good graduates in this country, you just need to know where to look for them and the right expectation of them.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
Shukusheka:
You can judge an applicant's human capital by asking the right questions during interviews and even by merely looking at his CV, forget all this balderdash you just went to copy and paste from Wikipedia.

An applicant's level of experience is right there on his CV, if you need further validation, you ask ask him questions pertaining to what kind of experience you desire during an interview.

An applicants level of creativity can be assessed by case study. You can judge how creative they are by how they tackled the problem and by what solution they proffered to the case study. There might be one or two outliers, regardless, the success rate is quite high. Professionals have been doing this for ages.

My point by the way is why is Op here maligning young graduates of being unemployable when he is not looking for the right candidate in the right place. There are a thousand and one good graduates in this country, you just need to know where to look for them and the right expectation of them.

so going to wikipedia is wrong according to you)

you cant judge an applicant human capital by his CV and interview alone especially when people lie on them and also act during interviews like actors, you judge human capital by the amount of value a candidate bring to the company, it is evaluation and review, you can judge, maybe we are wrong on how we do interview here but i can tell you, the growth of every organisation depends on the practical skills, knowledge and experience a worke bring to the company

1 Like

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by rex444(m): 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
Believe it or not, everything in this country is a total waste .....if not for one thing , I would have said naija needs total purging...
Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Olamsoh: 11:14am On Jun 24, 2019
One thing we should all be aware of is that one cannot determine performance through interview. At best interviews just reveal potential to perform. It is your response that will help an interviewer predict if you can do the job or not
Jmk9292:
Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Olamsoh: 11:17am On Jun 24, 2019
For intelligent people that gamble or make investments, you are aware that you don't just throw your money in. You check some facts before placing your money in any vehicle. Interviews are predictions and good recruiters always predict right
Shukusheka:

Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Olamsoh: 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2019
wink
lilwetdick:

intersting...how will you add value to a country if recruiters can not test your ability? human capital is more than CV
Re: Is This Laziness Or Ignorance? by Olamsoh: 10:05am On Aug 08, 2019
shocked
ayusco85:

Python dance?

(1) (Reply)

Vbanking Giveawaycash / Tony Elumelu Foundation TEF 2021 Questions And Answer / Channels Tv Is Recruiting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.