Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,895 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials (23959 Views)

How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos? / Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by walexpal(m): 4:05am On Jun 22, 2019
I just bought a landed property on the mainland in Lagos. The current tenant begged to stay pending when they get an accommodation elsewhere and they were given 2 months plus to move out. The previous owner served them quit notice and did not collect rent from them in the last one year. However, the agent that helped in buying the property called me that they have started removing windows, wires and doors from the flats that are already vacant.
Currently, I am at a cross road as to what to do because my intention is to renovate the property once they all move out.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Auxtin85(m): 4:11am On Jun 22, 2019
If you don’t know what to do meaning you borrowed money from them to buy the property

177 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by ipobarethieves: 4:12am On Jun 22, 2019
angry sad sad if there's security post there, get one private security and go to nearby police station and make a report

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 22, 2019
Your house no get olode ni?
Buhari sef!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Neimar: 4:54am On Jun 22, 2019
arrest them

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Pavore9: 4:55am On Jun 22, 2019
Go to the police and make a report while also getting a guard for the property.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by MrMcJay(m): 4:55am On Jun 22, 2019
This is wickedness.

Write a petition to the Area Commander of the Police Command nearest to that place and submit like on a Wednesday. Ask the police to pick them on a Friday so that they can spend the weekend in detention.

Very early on Monday morning, they should be charged to court. They would be remanded in Prison for at least a month. Courts are soon going on vacation so they would spend from now till around November in prison.

By the time they come out, they would learn 3 things.
1. The importance of freedom, sunlight and free air.
2. The importance of honesty and honest labour.
3. The fear of God..

293 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Naijamagician: 4:56am On Jun 22, 2019
Get them arrested for vandalising your properties. They either pay back or have their properties seized or you take them to court.. But forget court na gra-gra dey fit Nigerians.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Julius2214(m): 4:59am On Jun 22, 2019
Please read this, it might be of importance to you or someone u know.
https://www.nairaland.com/4997630/

I am a web designer.
With over 4 years of experience, I can design any kind of website you want.... And at cheaper rates too.
Do u need a business website, an e-commerce or online shopping website, a music and/music download website, a blog, a courier company website, a news website... etc.
Look no further, visit this link to view my previous design and how to connect with me.
https://www.nairaland.com/4997630/

3 Likes

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by haywaih(m): 4:59am On Jun 22, 2019
You don't need to take any action since you are willing to be charitable. Let them steal the house itself then.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:00am On Jun 22, 2019
I think they are very hungry, who have job, food for them? wink
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Nobody: 5:01am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

Write a petition to the Area Commander of the Police Command nearest to that place and submit like on a Wednesday. Ask the police to pick them on a Friday so that they can spend the weekend in detention.

Very early on Monday morning, they should be charged to court. They would be remanded in Prison for at least a month. Courts are soon going on vacation so they would spend from now till around November in prison.

3. The fear of God..

Really?

[img]https://i./19L4.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Felixalex(m): 5:01am On Jun 22, 2019
And na nairaland u de come report to? Dey there dem go soon steal the house, u go go there see empty land

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by karma2000: 5:06am On Jun 22, 2019
U will equally face worse karma for being lazy to act by de way hope u didn't get de money to buy de property through fraudulent or illegal means

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by MrMcJay(m): 5:08am On Jun 22, 2019
fuckerstard:

Really?

Do you know what the law says about theft, burglary, robbery and vandalism?

If convicted, they are looking at 7 years for some of these offences. God help them if they are in Lagos. Minimum time they would come out is 2027 cos their trial would start 2020.

Make them continue dey thief.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by seborrhic: 5:09am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

3. The fear of God..
So police would just go,arrest tenants and detain them on suspicion without evidence?
This is how you lots put some policemen in trouble.
What if it's the agent that's even involved in the stealing?
He should just either notify the police formally of theft of materials and allow them do their job,or if the stolen materials ain't that much,seek the services of one of the neighborhood watch to look after the property till d tenants move out and he completes the renovation.
There are consequences to detaining people illegally, particularly if u are unfortunate to meet one with superior connections when the question of if proper police procedure was involved.You would be shocked how those same policemen you bribed to detain people illegally would turn against you.
Thread carefully and lawfully.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by focus7: 5:09am On Jun 22, 2019
walexpal:
I just bought a landed property on the mainland in Lagos. The current tenant begged to stay pending when they get an accommodation elsewhere and they were given 2 months plus to move out. The previous owner served them quit notice and did not collect rent from them in the last one year. However, the agent that helped in buying the property called me that they have started removing windows, wires and doors from the flats that are already vacant.
Currently, I am at a cross road as to what to do because my intention is to renovate the property once they all move out.

Don't come here and act as though you don't know that you are supposed to get all of them arrested and make them restore both what they stole and the ones they did not steal unless you want to be father Christmas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Shikini: 5:09am On Jun 22, 2019
OP, maybe the tenants themselves had fixed those things
you listed (and not the previous owner)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by MrMcJay(m): 5:10am On Jun 22, 2019
seborrhic:

So police would just go,arrest tenants and detain them on suspicion without evidence?
This is how you lots put some policemen in trouble.
What if it's the agent that's even involved in the stealing?
He should just either notify the police formally of theft of materials and allow them do their job,or if the stolen materials ain't that much,seek the services of one of the neighborhood watch to look after the property till d tenants move out and he completes the renovation.
There are consequences to detaining people illegally, particularly if u are unfortunate to meet one with superior connections when the question of if proper police procedure was involved.You would be shocked how those same policemen you bribed to detain people illegally would turn against you.
Thread carefully and lawfully.

Illegal detention?
You think the matter would be reported via Watsapp chat?
Or you think we're talking of illegal duty policemen here?
Even if the investigation by the police takes long, does it stop them from going to jail?

The first question is this: the things they are removing, are they theirs?

Even if it is the seller that is removing them, if he removes it without the knowledge and consent of the owner, he too would be jailed for theft.

People think they are being smart by stealing, that's why they carry normal Naija criminal attitudes abroad and end up in prison.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Grace001: 5:12am On Jun 22, 2019
b
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by bleskid: 5:16am On Jun 22, 2019
listen to my advise ... good and fine all those huge street boys like two to keep as security

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by ablelin: 5:19am On Jun 22, 2019
hi
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by ThothHermes: 5:20am On Jun 22, 2019
haywaih:
You don't need to take any action since you are willing to be charitable. Let them steal the house itself then.
Even the land dem fit steal am. He go just reach there one day na river him go meet. grin

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Opiletool(m): 5:24am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

3. The fear of God..

Aaaaaaaaahhhhh!!
Chisos is lord!

Wehdone Sir!

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by jomoh: 5:24am On Jun 22, 2019
You don’t know the story of the tenants and the previous landlord. They might have had some disagreements that pertain to money.

All in all, it is still wrong.

Get a lock on the vacant apartment naa abi he hard to do. If not get a security. For just 20k a month you’d get one of this aboki boys to stay there for the month with strict instructions.
Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by cyberguy72(m): 5:26am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

3. The fear of God..
Chai on Point...are u a lawyer?

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by arantess: 5:38am On Jun 22, 2019
Just branch SARS on your way home and notify them
Their body go tell them later

1 Like

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:40am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

3. The fear of God..
shocked shocked

You no get joy at all

6 Likes

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 22, 2019
We always tend to abuse everything and anything. Tomorrow either we blame the government or blam fello Nigerians for been heartless

3 Likes

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by sisisioge: 5:51am On Jun 22, 2019
MrMcJay:
This is wickedness.

3. The fear of God..

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your prospective thieves had better beware!

OP, just eject them sharperly...no time to be acting nice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenants In My Newly Acquired Building Are Stealing Building Materials by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 22, 2019
Auxtin85:
If you don’t know what to do meaning you borrowed money from them to buy the property

Couldn't have said it better.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

National Theatre, Lagos Gets Face-Lift (photo) / Four Vital Documents To Prove Land Ownership / Gravitex Paint For Walls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.