Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating (33419 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burundi: WAFCON 2022 (4 -0) On 10th July 2022 / Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2019
Nigeria escaped what would have been a shocker with a narrow victory over Burundi tonight. For some of us that expected Burundi to give us a tough time, it was not unexpected.

Here is how the players performed

1. AKPEYI: He made 2 fantastic saves despite being jittery for the better part of the game. He did not show much confidence in the game. 6/10

2. SHEHU: The Bursaspor defender made some daring runs in the first few minutes and did largely well for the time he won on the field before injury forced him out. 6/10

3. EKONG: Made a couple of decent clearances but largely unimpressive. He was beaten by the Burundi attackers several times, both on air and on the ground. It is difficult to rate him high due the number of clear scoring opportunities the Burundians had. 5/10

4. OMERUO: Can also not be absolved of the blame for the chances the Burundi forwards got in the match, but the better of the two central defenders. He also made a good attempt at goal from a dead ball situation. Looks like he is still Nigeria's best defender at the moment. 6/10

5. AINA: Man of the match. He showed a lot of improvement from when he first joined the Super Eagles when his displays in the pre-Russia 2018 friendlies justified why he did not make the final team to Russia. It appears Torino has refined him better as he played with more confidence, more precision, and helping both attack and defence. His backheel that turned assist for the final goal was world class. 8/10

6. NDIDI: The DM showed some class, but he struggled with the power of the Burundian midfielders at some point. Mikel's lack of mobility in his front put some pressure on him. He also couldn't push forward to take the ferocious shots he occasionally takes. More was expected of him as one of the most highly rated DMs in England. 6/10

7. ETEBO: The central midfielder could not stamp much authority in the midfield. Needs to do more in passing ability. His physicality was however helpful for the equally strong Burundi defenders. 5/10

8. MIKEL: The old man spent most of the time falling on the field. He did cause a couple of free kicks for Nigeria in the process but not a better option to using ball well. His long pass accuracy was also suspect. He did not do much from the attacking midfield position he was put. 4/10

9. CHUKWUEZE: He troubled the Burundi defenders and proved very entertaining, but his final ball was poor. He also missed a clear chance in the first half. He still needs to refine his game. He brought sparks to the game but he needs to use the ball better and play more purposeful football 7/10

10. IWOBI: The Arsenal man started from the wings but his best game was when he moved to the midfield on Mikel's exit. His game also got better when Musa got into the game. He was unselfish and did try, but he needs to also do better with shooting. 6.5/10

11. ONUACHU: Made like 3 shots on goal in the first 30 minutes but not much was seen of him afterwards. He also did try to drop and collect ball. He didn't do much to justify that he deserves to be Nigeria's starting center forward. 4.5/10

SUBS

12. AWAZIEM: Came in for injured Shehu. Did fairly well to keep the impressive Burundi attack at bay. 6/10

13. MUSA: Came into the 58th minute. He replaced Mikel who was ineffective in the attacking midfield position with Iwobi moved to the AM position and Musa operating from the right flank. Musa's entry created more spark and threat in Eagles' attack. He showed class and did make a good attempt at goal. He also combined well with Iwobi and made some long balls to Ighalo. 7.5/10

14. IGHALO: Came in for Onuachu in the 73rd minute and scored the all-important goal in less than 5 minutes. He also made a couple of shots at goal. His finish deserves commendation as some strikers could have hit that ball at the keeper given the closeness of the space. 7.5/10

Overall, not a bad game. The most important thing is Nigeria got the maximum point. It was not going to be an easy game. Some of these teams we referred to as small continue to give top teams tough time.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by djoe21(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2019
I agree with most of the ratings. Aina is my Man of the Match; but please reduce Akpeyi to like 3/10. Did he catch any ball?

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Rednaxelot: 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2019

5. AINA: Man of the match. He showed a lot of improvement from when he first joined the Super Eagles when his displays in the pre-Russia 2018 friendlies justified why he did not make the final team to Russia. It appears Torino has refined him better as he played with more confidence, more precision, and helping both attack and defence. His backheel that turned assist for the final goal was world class. 8/10
I didn’t watch the match, but I saw the footage of the assist and goal on Twitter.

After seeing the assist, I concluded in my mind that if Ola Aina had assisted Atiku before the election, Atiku would win.

I wish Buhari can call for his assist to move to the next level anyway

143 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ok.... All na 1

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by SultanOfAbia: 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
THE REAL MAN OF THE MATCH

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Teewhy2: 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
I hope next time all the praise on aina and ighalo will not go into thin air.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Lamasta(m): 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
All am concerned of is the 3 points and we got it I don't want a scenario where we will be doing permutations again

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by GistFullGround: 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2019
Meanwhile,

GUINEA 2 - MADAGASCAR 2

Game is still on...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by jeeqaa7(m): 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
I rate Mikel and akpeyi -1/10

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Omero(m): 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
Na So!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
The ratings show that Mikel is the worst super eagle player

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by OdefaGirl(f): 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
Will this rating encourage them?
Feels some will be angered and discouragedby the rating.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by mbhs139(m): 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
djoe21:
I agree with most of the ratings. Aina is my Man of the Match; but please reduce Akpeyi to like 3/10. Did he catch any ball?

6.5 for Ìwobi is also small

33 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Juventus4life: 10:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
Iwobi was the man of the match for Nigeria
and the overall Man of the match for both countries is brundi Razack that guy with Jersey N0 7

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Oooops: 10:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
That goal keeper Is a fowl!!! He better returns to Nigeria ASAP
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by HisMajesty1(m): 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
Chukwueze is a skillful and confident player but he'so selfish. He doesn't like to pass to free players after making some dribbles and clearance.
Odion and Musa must start next game... Mikel, Onuachu and Iwobi should go and rest. Aina played good football.

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by sinaj(f): 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
Rednaxelot:
I didn’t watch the match, but I saw the footage of the assist and goal on Twitter.

After seeing the assist, I concluded in my mind that if Ola Aina had assisted Atiku before the election, Atiku would win.

I wish Buhari can call for his assist to move to the next level anyway
grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by TundeeednuT: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ola aina is dope.

Check my signature for your wanking experince

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by GodSaklek(m): 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
Mikel should always comes in as a substitute, maybe around 80 minutes when the game has already been won,mikel is a disaster, and he pile more pressures on his team mate as a captain, never seen such useless captain before

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by chibu4u2(m): 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
shocked
Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Fuckthamods: 10:21pm On Jun 22, 2019
Mikel 4/10? shocked
How come
That 4 be like 10/10 for my eyes oooo.. Op u sure say no be 0.4 u be wan type?

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by lonelydora: 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
Musa, Ighalo, Aina, Iwobi, made us proud

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by pirodoshit(m): 10:23pm On Jun 22, 2019
Iwobi was also 8 for me.. he had a very good game

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ola Aina for the win

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Goovo(m): 10:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
Pls can u reduce Mikel's rating to 2/10?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by pek(m): 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
Iwobi was the best player on the pitch while Mikel was the worst. Mikel should be 1.5

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Goovo(m): 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
lonelydora:
Musa, Ighalo, Aina, Iwobi, made us proud
you forgot Chukwueze

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burundi: Player Rating by Talkativedotng(m): 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
Goovo:
Pls can u reduce Mikel's rating to 2/10?
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google Celebrates Sam Okwaraji's Posthumous Birthday With Doodle (Photos) / Osimhen Highest-Paid Player In Serie A / Emmanuel Dennis Becomes 3rd Nigerian To Score Vs Real Madrid In Champions League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.