Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? (44675 Views)

Here Is The Wicked Condition Someone Gave Before He Connects Me To This 80K Job. / Can One Rent An Apartment Of 250k Per Annum With 80k Job? / Is Going To London To Hustle Better Than An 80k Job In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by shege45: 8:55am On Jun 23, 2019
Sethzenon:

You said it all. The way people always talk about this saving money, like we have an account in the afterlife we are saving for. You have a short time on this earth why not live as "comfortable" as you much as you can. This life no get part 2.

We just have this archaic mentality in this part of the world as seeing everything as luxury. You buy a car.. "luxury", you rent a comfortable mini-flat as a bachelor..."luxury". What if you kick the bucket while saving this money to build the house... to what end?. if you will build house you will.
guy u just said the best thing here. What if you die while saving? Na next of kin go chop dat moni

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by openmine(m): 9:01am On Jun 23, 2019
Bluehill1051:
No. Car is a VEEEEEEEERRRRRRYYYYY BIG avoidable LIABILITY. U don't know that maintaining a car can cost up to 20k monthly. Fuel nko, officers wahala nko. Except he'll use it for Uber. Except that, car is a big liability. U won't save anything, it's purely luxury.
That 200K is fair. Don't go n follow advice from people that their best food is beans and corn

grin grin grin grin

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:03am On Jun 23, 2019
emmykk:

This depend on where your work is located and the city you live,expenses are relative to cities and it also depend on what your life style and your marital status.

If you are single a bed sitter I.e just a room with toilet and bathroom attached will cost around N160K in PH and it depend on the area,if you you are in VI it may even be N200K and if you have kids and a wife and are earning 80K and you are living in 1 one bedroom which is ideal there is nothing you can do about the rent that to pay it and allow your will work support you.

The best advice is you should do according to economic situations if your current place.

Please, stop saying what you don't know. Self-con apartments in Lekki Phase One go for 500 to 700k, how much more VI!

10 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by olasaad(f): 9:03am On Jun 23, 2019
fireback:

Any one year rent that cost more than my two month salary is not worth it... Presently my one year rent is less than my salary in one month. All you need do is save up to half you monthly salary for a year especially if you're still single, use it to buy land, no matter how small the land is and start building your own house. If you re buying a land in a developed place, the land might be smaller but if you're buying from a developing area, you might get a bigger space. All depends on the area you want. Am not just talking but speaking from experience.

Are you a salary earner or a businessman
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by obinnawhyte(m): 9:04am On Jun 23, 2019
Goodplace:
If Someone is in a work of 80k per month can he afford a place of 200k with no side income yet?
The location of your work place matters alot. Some may think is not wise but if it has to do with getting one close to your place of work then it's ok else you have the money and more spent on transport coupled with the stress and security. Can't imagine the risk of leaving your house very early in the morning just to meet up at your work place early and the comfort you deprived yourself off. I have friends working in VI but leaving Ikotun, Idimu and Agege and frankly speaking they're really regretting take such decision in the name of saving, for sometimes they get home as late as 10pm and these are guys that leaves for work as early as 4am in the morning everyday. The whole essence we live, work and make money is for our comfort just to live longer as a human in a place for humans.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by yanabasee(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2019
Bestinstinct:

This one can't work in Abuja o....one just have to look for multiple streams of income ni or better still live in slums.
Mabushi or tungamashi....lol

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Mrkumareze(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2019
Benekruku:

80k salary for 200k rent

He needs to be happy right?

He has no family, babe, social life and won't have savings or save up to get a car or property.

He needs to be happy and meet people.

You think 80k can keep his family, babe, social life and other things No!!, he's starting life so he's focus should be on himself for now... Na dog wey belleful dey vomit

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Benekruku(m): 9:07am On Jun 23, 2019
Mrkumareze:

You think 80k can keep his family, babe, social life and other things No!!, he's starting life so he's focus should be on himself for now... Na dog wey belleful dey vomit

But he can rent a house of 200K?
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by MicroSweet(m): 9:07am On Jun 23, 2019
tiwiex:

It really depends on cost of transport. The 100k apartment might be so far from work that you could easily consume the saved 100k on transportation and head ache. Safety can also be an issue. I think two month or even three is fine. We Nigerians love to suffer and end up suffering more when we over calculate these imaginary savings on rent. Pay it and move on. The higher your rent, the more expoaed your neighbours. You could be running away from access to better job opportunities. We bottle ourselves a lot an live uncomfortably in perperuity. No guts, no glory.
I love this

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Mrkumareze(m): 9:08am On Jun 23, 2019
ernieboy:
can't he/ she share a flat with someone else and share the rent as well?

That is another option But he must be the tolerating type .. too nonsense in sharing apartments n he may not be able to test life in full.. there's this grace in taking up some challenges ... I prefer to be alone n face the reality than sharing flat with Some one who am not sure of ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Mrkumareze(m): 9:11am On Jun 23, 2019
Benekruku:

But he can rent a house of 200K?
Yes, it's fr his personal wellbeing .. that money he 'll use to Carter for his girl friend should go for his comfort in life... U probably haven't seen look of a house of 200k in Lagos
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:11am On Jun 23, 2019
I'm just reading most of the responses here and shaking my head. The OP should have stated where he works...and where he wants to rent an apartment.

But from what I suspect, it's Lagos. So, if you don't live in Lagos or Abj, please don't comment. Your comments are annoying!

100k rent indeed! Mtcheeww!

12 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by OLASUNKONMI(m): 9:14am On Jun 23, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:

Haba bros

One month salary bigger than your 1year rent

Hmm. U dey mean o. And you have a smart move but have it in mind that sometimes getting a personal house might be a liability. Its always an asset no doubt but without the right setup and money e fit no favour u o.

I am saying this because i know someone who suffered himself did this same method just like you just because he was fantasicing a getting a beautiful house. He went through all that stress and got the house.

2 years later unfortunately lost his job and and had to sell that house.

@princeking2
Sometimes rent is not such a bad thing. No be must to be landlord attimes. Having cash and a steady source of income is the shit. So that even when you finally get a house you have nothing to worry about

Since I was born, I have never..I repeat never seen, any human reasoning that is as bad, wrong and myopic as this one.Please no offense......infact I don't know what to tell this guy bcs am still in shock with his reasoning.
Haaaahhh cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Bestinstinct(m): 9:17am On Jun 23, 2019
noble71:
it works bro. People stay in Mararaba/Yayah and Suleja but they work inside Abuja. You have to learn to live within your income.
Bro, na to spend the better part of your earning on transport while stressed like a road-side hawker o

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Benekruku(m): 9:17am On Jun 23, 2019
Mrkumareze:

Yes, it's fr his personal wellbeing .. that money he 'll use to Carter for his girl friend should go for his comfort in life... U probably haven't seen look of a house of 200k in Lagos

Okay.

So at the expense of rent. He wont have a social life, wardrobe, savings and attend to family.

He wont be going on a dates with his girl friend. He will just be a dunce in a 200k apartment.
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 23, 2019
fireback:

Any one year rent that cost more than my two month salary is not worth it... Presently my one year rent is less than my salary in one month. All you need do is save up to half you monthly salary for a year especially if you're still single, use it to buy land, no matter how small the land is and start building your own house. If you re buying a land in a developed place, the land might be smaller but if you're buying from a developing area, you might get a bigger space. All depends on the area you want. Am not just talking but speaking from experience.
bros this is easy for you because according to you, your one year rent is less than your one month salary.

Lets assume a level 8 federal civic servant who lives in a city and earns about 80k per month, do think that half of his salary saved in a year which is 40k times 12= 420k can buy a land in the city except remote villages where he will still be paying heavily on transport to and fro work everyday?

Your advice is a good one but not for someone who earns that low. Except he will save for a very long time, which also confines him to continue paying rent till after the long time of saving

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by bussy2020(m): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2019
If your 2 months salary can't pay for your accommodation, you have bitten more than you can chew. It's unwise.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by MrFly(m): 9:20am On Jun 23, 2019
fireback:

be specific, how much is ur rent? We can now calculate ur salary
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Vincofresh: 9:21am On Jun 23, 2019
Please and Please don't try it, it is not proper.whoever that is encouraging you to do so doesn't want you to be useful to urself and family but to landlord. I have been a civil servant for 6yrs now and I know how much I earn and amount I pay for rent. So dear don't try it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by agya1: 9:22am On Jun 23, 2019
Exactly my line of thought
Gentlewarrior1:

Spending high amount on rent is bad

But what i am saying is that if you havent arrived yet and have steady amd reasonable cash flow. Sometimes its not good to be saving up just so you could build your own house and be a personal landlord, unless maybe you want to build a house that includes you and tenants or probably have more than enough money for the house

In a nutshell saving money to build just your own a personal house is a nice idea but not a smart idea.
Atleast an income that will provide for the house not using your savings. Your savings is better invested in something that will yield more money

Well sha this life no get handbook. All man go do wetin him feel na the best move for am

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by meekparagon(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2019
fireback:

I think you really make a point.
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Mrkumareze(m): 9:25am On Jun 23, 2019
Benekruku:

Okay.

So at the expense of rent. He wont have a social life, wardrobe, savings and attend to family.

He wont be going on a dates with his girl friend. He will just be a dunce in a 200k apartment.

You think Dangote is capable of solving all his life problems There's no amount of salary that can get all your wants and needs.. just start from somewhere. 200k rent is just less than 3 months salary... he can save to get other source of income ... he will attain to other things gradually .... if u give your life to your famiky, girl friend etc they 'll Still complain bro..

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by abbeynism(m): 9:26am On Jun 23, 2019
If i am to be in your shoe, i will look for house rent not more than 60k.
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 23, 2019
If u r still single,i cant recommend 200k house.U ve oda expenses to take care of eg transport,feeding moni,maintenance,electricity bill etc.If u r married,hw many children do u ve?? n hw old are ur children??
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Bestinstinct(m): 9:29am On Jun 23, 2019
PrimadonnaO:
I'm just reading most of the responses here and shaking my head. The OP should have stated where he works...and where he wants to rent an apartment.

But from what I suspect, it's Lagos. So, if you don't live in Lagos or Abj, please don't comment. Your comments are annoying!

100k rent indeed! Mtcheeww!
Don't mind them jare. Was dodging expensive rent in Abuja town then got a descent and cheaper rent in Mararaba/Nyanya but the main issue is that I spend 30-35k on fueling every month coupled with the stress. Moving back to town is the next goal aswear.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by imanray37(m): 9:30am On Jun 23, 2019
80+80=160 no is the answer any rent u can't pay in two months simply says u are not financially bouyant enough to leave in a, 200000 apartment

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by MrFly(m): 9:33am On Jun 23, 2019
ugo4u:
The rules are simple.
1) Never spend more than 10% of your income on house rent.
2) Save atleast 10% of your salary.
3) The remaining percentage can be used at your discretion.
4) Rule 1 and 2 are extremely important.
if u work as a security earning 15k in Lagos where wil u live as monthly rents in Lagos are from 2k up

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by eyinola: 9:33am On Jun 23, 2019
ugo4u:
The rules are simple.
1) Never spend more than 10% of your income on house rent.
2) Save atleast 10% of your salary.
3) The remaining percentage can be used at your discretion.
4) Rule 1 and 2 are extremely important.
10% of 100k salary is 10K.. Which house can someone get for 10K per month in lagos cos a room face me i face u in my area sef is around 10K
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Benekruku(m): 9:33am On Jun 23, 2019
Mrkumareze:

You think Dangote is capable of solving all his life problems There's no amount of salary that can get all your wants and needs.. just start from somewhere. 200k rent is just less than 3 months salary... he can save to get other source of income ... he will attain to other things gradually .... if u give your life to your famiky, girl friend etc they 'll Still complain bro..

You try to balance Bro. Try to be around the wedge. If you go too much too an end, you will fall and lose some things.

Imagine you not the looking too good type. How do you attract people to you. This will cost money too. No one will tell you to furnish your wardrobe with 200k per annum and No one will tell you to do a rent of 200K. You just have to find a balance and plan for the rainy days.
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by tayorh(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2019
80k salary with no other source of income, it will take you at least 4months to save your 200k rent.. Because 80k is not your actual salary when you substract feeding, transportation, utilities and other unforeseen expenditure..

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by Ifexontop(m): 9:35am On Jun 23, 2019
Hotfreezers:

Don't mind the idiot.

He wrote tithe and booze in the same sentence. Most of them are clowns.
laugh wan kell me!
Re: Is It Wise To Pay 200k/a Rent From 80k Job? by davidicke: 9:36am On Jun 23, 2019
AND FUXCCK

[quote author=SoNature post=79583731]

Remember you will feed, tithe, send money home, transport to work, and booze grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Job Interview Questions And Excellent Sample Responses / A Painful Lesson I Learnt From An Access Bank Interview For A Marketing Job / Share Your Remote Job/ Hustle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.