Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,398 members, 7,850,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:56 PM

What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? (27049 Views)

How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / Soul, Spirit And Memory / Winners' Chapel Declares 7-Day Fasting For The Rescue Of The Soul Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2019
youngest85:

Do your findings and you will know I'm serious

Provide me your photograph and I will entangle you with a spiritual master who will teach you in your dreams.

For free.

Take care.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by dake40(m): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2019
read

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Free4tope(m): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2019
[Qquote author=Holycity post=79590593]Whats the difference between the spirit and the soul?

have be wondering

abeg guys help me answer this one

[/quote]

Answer:

You are a Spirit Being that has a soul which lives in a body.

Your Spirit controls and interact with the spiritual realm, that's what you use to communicate with God also.

Your soul interact with intellectual world/realm, while Your body interact and controls the physical world. Your Body uses all the sense organs to communicate with the physical world.

Inside your soul, you have your will power (to make a choice), you have your mind (both conscious and subconscious mind) and also you have your emotion (happiness, anger, etc).

Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by youngest85(m): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2019
VRDroid:

Provide me your photograph and I will entangle you with a spiritual master who will teach you in your dreams.

For free.

Take care.
Smiles
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by WowSweetGuy(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2019
spirits are d dead beings roaming d earth while soul is in heaven...humans are 3in1
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Timisamd(m): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2019
thesolutions:
The Spirit of a man is in his blood. The spirit of a man is his very life. The soul of a man is his consciousness.

I've been reading those comment unsatisfyingly but I think I agree with you .
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Iseoluwani: 11:06am On Jul 14, 2019
Holycity:
Whats the difference between the spirit and the soul?

have be wondering

MAN IS A DIVIDED INTO THREE

BODY

SOUL

AND SPIRIT

THE BODY GOES TO THE DUST. YOUR FLESH THAT WILL PERISH. your body contacts the physical realm

YOUR SPIRIT CONTACTS THE spiritual realm

your SOUL CONTACTS THE EMOTIONAL REALM, WHERE YOUR EMOTIONS SUCH AS ANGER, LOVE HATRED ETC STEMS FROM. YOUR MIND IS YOUR SOUL.

ROMANS 12:1-2, GAL 4:12. HEBREWS 5

GOING TO THIS BIBLE VERSE WILL HELP YOU.

Timisamd
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by youngest85(m): 11:06am On Jul 14, 2019
dake40:
read
Where can I get you, I need some counseling
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Iseoluwani: 11:08am On Jul 14, 2019
Free4tope:
[Qquote author=Holycity post=79590593]Whats the difference between the spirit and the soul?

have be wondering

Answer:

You are a Spirit Being that has a soul which lives in a body.

Your Spirit controls and interact with the spiritual realm, that's what you use to communicate with God also.

Your soul interact with intellectual world/realm, while Your body interact and controls the physical world. Your Body uses all the sense organs to communicate with the physical world.

Inside your soul, you have your will power (to make a choice), you have your mind (both conscious and subconscious mind) and also you have your emotion (happiness, anger, etc).

you must have been reading Kenneth E Hagin and you are correct
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by ejimatic: 11:09am On Jul 14, 2019
Holycity:
Whats the difference between the spirit and the soul?

have be wondering

The spirit is the life force of a person and an animal.It is inanimate and does not exist after the death of a person...... Only God can restore it if a person dies.The soul means a person. or an animal. .it can die Ezekiel 18 vers 4......
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Timisamd(m): 11:10am On Jul 14, 2019
sagieramos:
Spirit (energy) + body (dust) = Soul (person)
You are a living soul in this equation...

Soul (person) – spirit (energy) = dust
The soul/person is dead or unconscious in this equation

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7

All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils; Job 27:3

The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. Job 33:4

My understanding from the Bible, the spirit is the energy that sustain the soul

Bravo bravo !!!! ...
Unquestionably superb. .
Without fear of contradiction I included your proposition in my knowledge shelf..
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Dafemich(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2019
Spirit is life for the soul. the Bible refer to the soul as the human body. that is why after God finished creating Adam, the Bible refer to Adam as a living soul.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Timisamd(m): 11:17am On Jul 14, 2019
VRDroid:

Soul is omni-dimensional energy quanta, a fractal of consciousness vehicle which spirit requires as an overlay between the physical reality and the larger consciousness system to access the diverse planes of existence without the dense adverse effect of the magnetoelectric field of the planes of experiences in the desired reality that spirit seeks to experience. It is a derivative of Sol, our local sun. The soul is micro sol (sun) vibrating and electrifying the avatar, animating it for spiritual experiences.

Spirit is Energy Intelligence at its core, a fractal of Omni-Intelligence, a Unit of Consciousness from the larger consciousness systems, a unit which guides the Avatar and is the avatar at its core in any chosen dimension for experiences and guidance on scripts of fates and destinies.

While the spirit is the eternally living unit of the consciousness system, the soul is a conscious animating vehicle, a fractal of Sol, our local sun, that transports spirit to access any desired reality at multi-dimensional levels even while on this reality. Without Soul, spirit could be ionized.

For the scientific lay mind;

Spirit is a base level of the conscious unit of awareness from a larger consciousness system that hosts this computed reality.

Soul is the base vehicular unit of transport of spirit to any Reality it seeks to experience any simulated reality.

I disagree ..
Consciousness isn't related with spirit
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 14, 2019
Timisamd:

I disagree ..
Consciousness isn't related with spirit

I didn't mean spirit like Henessy and Red Label. You misunderstood me.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Timisamd(m): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2019
KehnnyKay:
The spirit is a male. While the soul is a female. Ok?
They Bleep and begat the body ...simple ;!!
grin
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by ericmor: 11:24am On Jul 14, 2019
jerecrown:
soul die with the body while spirit go back to God for judgement. d different is soul die while spirit live

I don’t think so, cus I think he lives forever cus the spirit needs the soul to function. The soul represent you hear on earth and when you are gone. Is like a body in the spirit realm. My thought tho
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by NaijaTushboy(m): 11:28am On Jul 14, 2019
SPIRIT: is like a middle being between GOD and MAN

SOUL: is the real man/you

And the LORD GOD formed man of the dust of the ground,and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life,and man became a living being/soul...

God first form the soul which is the/your body and then breath the breath of life into his nostrils which later make man a living being.

So Spirit is the force that sustained man/soul
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Timisamd(m): 11:28am On Jul 14, 2019
orisa37:
The Soul is a Spirit.
You mean a subset of the spirit ?
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Timisamd(m): 11:32am On Jul 14, 2019
VRDroid:

I didn't mean spirit like Henessy and Red Label. You misunderstood me.

A single atom isn't conscious ..
But a group of atoms are ...
Where did this consciousness come from ?
Obviously not from the spirit because spirit is oblivious to consciousness .. But soul isn't .
O
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by ericmor: 11:38am On Jul 14, 2019
ejimatic:
The spirit is the life force of a person and an animal.It is inanimate and does not exist after the death of a person...... Only God can restore it if a person dies.The soul means a person. or an animal. .it can die Ezekiel 18 vers 4......

It reads behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die

The soul that sinneth. It shall die meaning the one that did not sinneth shall live with the lord
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by myk2mic: 11:45am On Jul 14, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Spirit is the divine (God) part of man while Soul is the real man.

You know the word,
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by thesolutions(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2019
Timisamd:

I've been reading those comment unsatisfyingly but I think I agree with you .
Its my thought though.
But without the life, consciousness wont exist for the man. Without the Spirit, the Soul will be inactive and lost in darkness.
The dead has lost their life or spirit, but their soul is intact lost in darkness or should I say inactive. But when Christ shall appear on the resurrection day, every soul shall receive life and rise again. some to everlasting life while some to everlasting damnation depending on the testimony of the Holy Spirit concerning you. I say this because "In Him was life; and the life was the light of men" John 1:4. When the light of the world shall appear, the souls shall receive consciousness and rise again.
It is my thought and understanding though. I believe He is coming again. I mean Jesus.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by panpan(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2019
Comparison:
Human - computer

Body - hardware
Soul - software
Spirit - electricity

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by onnairaland15: 11:52am On Jul 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
It depends on what you mean by the spirit, for if you mean a human spirit, then there's no difference between a person's spirit and his soul.

For the soul of a person is the person's individual spirit, and that which distinguishes the person's spirit from another person spirit.

And it emanated from the source of all spirits, which is the Spirit of God.

Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

That breathe is the Spirit of God given to man, the Spirit is life itself. But the soul is the being itself and it received life, the soul lives on depending if the spirit stays with it. This is where eternity lies, you die good, you live on with God's spirit, you die bad, your soul goes to hell, exclusive of God's spirit.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Handsomecole(m): 11:54am On Jul 14, 2019
Evil can always enter spirit but evil cannot enter soul .

That is why people used to say "Evil Spirit" .

That's the difference.

angry
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Ciromaudtin(m): 11:56am On Jul 14, 2019
[quote author=Holycity post=79590593]Whats the difference between the spirit and the soul?

have be wondering

Wait..am coming,.

Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by jimino(m): 11:56am On Jul 14, 2019
The soul dwells in the human flesh while the Spirit communicate between the soul and God almighty or devil depending on who you are serving.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Brightest04(m): 11:56am On Jul 14, 2019
In a nutshell, the "soul" in Hebrew is "nephesh" which means "life" and without life the body (dust)is useless. Gen.1:30
And the "spirit" in Hebrew is "ruach" or "pneuma" in Greek,which means "breath",hence (pneumonia).
To understand the difference between the two lets check this out-Gen.2:7,Yahweh formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul.
However,to make life functional it will need breath(spirit) and without the spirit the soul is useless.
SOUL IS "LIFE" and SPIRIT IS "BREATH"

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by ericmor: 11:59am On Jul 14, 2019
Dafemich:
Spirit is life for the soul. the Bible refer to the soul as the human body. that is why after God finished creating Adam, the Bible refer to Adam as a living soul.

God created the human body from the dust and not the soul which is why he said Adam became a living soul bcs the souls wouldn’t have been able to live on earth without the body. My own understanding tho
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2019
Channel your strength into something meaningful.
Nobody has answers to this non-questions; some ignoramus will only tell you what they were told, or what they read somewhere, or what they think... They are too proud to say "I don't know", or shut their f*cking mouth.

Forget grammar and find your lost self.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by chiefolododo(m): 12:05pm On Jul 14, 2019
Funaki:
nairaland pastors should be invited. But they'll never give you a unified answer. grin grin
an unfair
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Graduateacher(f): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
Legitbuynsell:
Philosophers in the house over to you

Quote me if u have a 250kva generator or something similar for sale around Lagos,don't bother if you have in your shop,I mean personal ones in a house or company.I buy to resell,thank you.

Do you mean 2.5 KVA?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Normal To See The Spirit Of A Dead Relative? / Efolk: / I Have To Deny God So I Can Pass..should I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.