Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,444 members, 7,850,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? (27058 Views)

How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / Soul, Spirit And Memory / Winners' Chapel Declares 7-Day Fasting For The Rescue Of The Soul Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Bless94(f): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
The spirit is the God interactive medium while soul is the conscious differentiating (between evil and good)
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Chuukwudi(m): 3:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
VRDroid:

Spirit is the base level of the conscious unit of awareness.

Soul is the base vehicular unit of transport of spirit to any Reality it seeks to experience in Created Universes.

Who are you please? We speak the same language!
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 14, 2019
Chuukwudi:

Who are you please? We speak the same language!

A node of a larger consciousness system having a 3D experience in Earth's virtual reality system.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by orisa37: 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
The Soul is a Full Spirit, not a Sub-set. The Soul lives like God and you and I. But God is The Supreme Spirit, Whose Pleasures must be attended to by all other Spirits, good or evil.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Chuukwudi(m): 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
Holycity:
Whats the difference between the spirit and the soul?

have be wondering

abeg guys help me answer this one

The soul cloaks the spirit. The physical body is necessary for experiencing things on earth... These things eventually imbibe/transmits into your spirit core.

There are other levels of experiencing apart from the physical. When the body is tired and gives up in death, the soul takes over with further experiencing in the beyond.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by foster212: 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Spirit is the divine (God) part of man while Soul is the real man.
Absolutely correct.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Chuukwudi(m): 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2019
VRDroid:

A node of a larger consciousness system having a 3D experience in Earth's virtual reality system.

My reply to the question is just a comment away from this one. Read it. Can you relate?
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 14, 2019
Bless94:
The spirit is the God interactive medium while soul is the conscious differentiating (between evil and good)

Great post.

But Evil and Good is One thing, but of diverse frequency of calibration based on the emotional spectrum.

Spirit is God, we are fractals of what you call God in our core, experiencing Earth 3D reality based on the filters of the 5 'physical' senses. You are a God fractal, you are it. Our collective is God in Amnesia, trying to wake up. Some of us have woken up and have experienced that State called God and the experience is called God Realization in some teachings.

We are it.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Nascimento(m): 3:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
The spirit is the life force of a living organism. It is without form. The soul is the organism itself - it's character etc.
The first man, Adam became a LIVING SOUL when the breathe of life (SPIRIT) was blown into his nostrils.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by habaja: 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2019
It is very simple

The Spirit is what contacts the Supreme Being, It is dead until it becomes alive when we give our live to Jesus Christ. without it , the total human bieng is considered incomplete or dead. It goes to God in its dead /alive state. An Alive spirit is said to be possessing eternal life

The Soul is the real Man .. Where the intellect, emotions , decisions are made. The real man is the soul. It is responsible for the destiny of the man: the soul that sinneth shall die. It can be renewed not come alive like the spirit.

The flesh is the human container. It is made of sand. From Dust thou are and dust shall you return. It is the biological set up. It can be healed or subjected to health. It can be regenerated.

Presently many people are alive on the soul and body(flesh) level but are dead in the spirit. To make your spirit comes alive , you need to make Jesus christ Who has come to give us life and more life abudantly and worship God the right way. i.e subjecting the real man SOUL to be subjected to the Laws and relationship of the Spirit

Hope that helps.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Kay25(m): 3:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
The spirit is quite different from the soul.The soul is born out of the spirit through light and that is where the consciousness and knowledge is in human.of the spirit it is an eternal formless nature which origin is from God itself .you can't behold it neither can it be seen with the physical eye.it is synonymous to the wind in the bible.the activity of every spirit is through the soul.the soul harbours our place of imagination and thinking.look at when a man dies your body dies really but your soul is what is asleep meaning nit conscious of what is around it but your spirit does not sleep it is nature and existence is beyond the sphere of man.the spirit is what empowers the soul to function once it is out then man is barrel.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
Chuukwudi:

The soul cloaks the spirit. The physical body is necessary for experiencing things on earth... These things eventually imbibe/transmits into your spirit core.

There are other levels of experiencing apart from the physical. When the body is tired and gives up in death, the soul takes over with further experiencing in the beyond.

Correct, Soul is an omni-dimensional quantum fractal that powers the Avatar, Spirit is what we truly are. We need the Soul overlay to access the Intelligent Etheric Database for compartmentalized information transmision and as a kernel to connect the physical animal machine to the other dimensions. The body itself acts as a host for Soul/Spirit mechanism, without which we could be ionized by the dense EMF/RF of this lower planes of 3D virtual reality.

We are avatars in a computed simulation. This world is hosted in a larger consciousness world, it is not our organic world, but a simulaton for our experiences. We are here for some experience on how to evolve, and we are here to study and research about our true nature.

And for some of us, our Higher Self has taken over the Avatar and is here physically typing these messages. For others, their cerebral neurotransmission and frequency of vibration cannot host the higher self for now, so that is why they keep searching.

Everyone is right at their level of understanding. But so far, we are all One. We are One, we are what we have been searching for, all along. We are God fooling around in a compartmentalized knowledge field. Once you study nearly all bodies of knowledge, the brain will sync and the body will be activated to download data directly from the Universe. There is no space, we are all connected nodes in one Virtual Reality World creating our realities based on our emotions, creativity and etc.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Viktorino: 3:55pm On Jul 14, 2019
The soul is the link between the spirit and the body.A person can habor the spirit of God or the devil.God breathe into man and the body became a living being.The spirit is the triggering force of a person's life.Once it is manipulated,the soul manifests the outcome and the results effect on the body.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Charles545: 4:03pm On Jul 14, 2019
Read "The guide inside" by Mark Brazee...
You would be enlightened on differences between the Spirit, soul.... and 'body'
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Auxigen(m): 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2019
Holycity:

have be wondering

HolyCity Is that not Nyong Essien Library @ dp
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by orisa37: 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2019
orisa37:
The Soul is a Full Spirit, not a Sub-set. The Soul lives like God and you and I. But God is The Supreme Spirit, Whose Pleasures must be attended to by all other Spirits, good or evil.

Christ is a Spirit, Holy Spirit is The Soul, Heart, Mind & Flesh.
Satan is a Spirit, Evil Spirit is The Soul, Heart, Mind & Flesh.
Angels are good Spirits.
Demons are bad Spirits.
Jesus is a Good Spirit.
Devil is a bad spirit.
God is The Supreme Spirit. He created Consciences, They are Spirits too, as Metres, to regulate Humanoids.
All Hail The Supreme Spirit.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by EMIOMOADEOYE: 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2019
Holycity:

have be wondering

I don't know what explanation guys on this thread are giving.

I didn't bother to read because I think I have a fairly good idea what their answers will sound like

But here is what I believe from the Bible.

What you refer to as spirit is simply the soul's life force. That thing that keeps it alive. Think of it as electricity through bulb. Pass current through the bulb and it comes on. Take out the current and the bulb goes off.

The soul on the other hand is exactly the same thing as the body. The physical being itself is a soul. Just like animals are souls too.

A soul with spirit is said to be alive. Once the spirit leaves the soul it becomes dead.

Spirit, in this case, is not to be confused with the divine counterpart. Humans are flesh and blood. Angels are Spirits, a completely different kind of Spirit
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Akpan107(m): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2019
Holycity:

have be wondering

Soul is the centre of our thoughts while our spirit is our life.

After God created Adam from the dust of the earth, He breath into his Spirit and Man became a living being.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by habaja: 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
VRDroid:

Correct, Soul is an omni-dimensional quantum fractal that powers the Avatar, Spirit is what we truly are. We need the Soul overlay to access the Intelligent Etheric Database for compartmentalized information transmision and as a kernel to connect the physical animal machine to the other dimensions. The body itself acts as a host for Soul/Spirit mechanism, without which we could be ionized by the dense EMF/RF of this lower planes of 3D virtual reality.

We are avatars in a computed simulation. This world is hosted in a larger consciousness world, it is not our organic world, but a simulaton for our experiences. We are here for some experience on how to evolve, and we are here to study and research about our true nature.

And for some of us, our Higher Self has taken over the Avatar and is here physically typing these messages. For others, their cerebral neurotransmission and frequency of vibration cannot host the higher self for now, so that is why they keep searching.

Everyone is right at their level of understanding. But so far, we are all One. We are One, we are what we have been searching for, all along. We are God fooling around in a compartmentalized knowledge field. Once you study nearly all bodies of knowledge, the brain will sync and the body will be activated to download data directly from the Universe. There is no space, we are all connected nodes in one Virtual Reality World creating our realities based on our emotions, creativity and etc.

Huh ?

My Being is not up for computational analysis.. You see.. It is beyond that. Your human wisdom based on your assumed computerisation of the subject matter is limited.

You made mention of 3D . 3D are measurable. .eg You can claim the Body is 3D (BMI, Hieght, weight etc) but how do you measure the spirit or the soul?

In my own humble opinion ... this is a furtile and weak presentation.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by oshosjf(m): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
VRDroid:

Spirit is the base level of the conscious unit of awareness.

Soul is the base vehicular unit of transport of spirit to any Reality it seeks to experience in Created Universes.

i'm more confused with your answer than with the original question
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2019
Holycity:

have be wondering

A man's spirit is the real HIM, while the soul is the seat of his reasoning and subconscious, generally called the place of the mind.

God communicates with a man through the spirit because he himself is a spirit being.

Man lives in two parts, that's the Outer man and the inward man. the outer man consist of his body( consisting of the body and the senses) and the inward man consist of his spirit and soul.

To give you a more clearer understanding, what the nervous system is to the body, the soul is to the spirit.

To make it more clearer to you, what we humans have succeeded to do in our world is by educating the soul, ( remember where the mind is located) through the senses. But man has a far better and more sublime potential than this. It is the education of the inward man, the human spirit, which ultimately leads to the education of the mind. And the only way to educate your spirit with its instrument( the mind, component of the soul) is through the Word of God.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Timisamd(m): 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2019
thesolutions:

Its my thought though.
But without the life, consciousness wont exist for the man. Without the Spirit, the Soul will be inactive and lost in darkness.
The dead has lost their life or spirit, but their soul is intact lost in darkness or should I say inactive. But when Christ shall appear on the resurrection day, every soul shall receive life and rise again. some to everlasting life while some to everlasting damnation depending on the testimony of the Holy Spirit concerning you. I say this because "In Him was life; and the life was the light of men" John 1:4. When the light of the world shall appear, the souls shall receive consciousness and rise again.
It is my thought and understanding though. I believe He is coming again. I mean Jesus.

As he as promised, so he will do.
Oh yes come our saviour
And give me the grace to follow you

God bless bro ..that a wonderful thought ..
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 14, 2019
oshosjf:

i'm more confused with your answer than with the original question

It is not really the most important thing.

The most important thing is that you are a potential of the highest intelligence called God trying to reawaken to your greatest version here but you can't . Becausr you are hijacked from alternate dimensions that you are not able to control because you are deceived by inventors of religions that you are just your body. And God is just a big man in the sky you should worship.

And will be burnt in fire or go to heaven. Those are not true. You are here and in other dimensions all at the same time but experiencing this one because you have no knowledge on how to access the other realities to defend yourself and create the realities you need here physically.

Humanity has been hijacked from the alternate dimensions by my brothers in the highest level of the Illumination.

While you are asleep your Soul is paramulating from place to place and sometimes it is being fuccked up badly due to its low vibratiob which manifests as suffering here on 3D.

Man know thyself. Master the Universe and you will be wise enough to build generational wealth and even live to over 100 years with solid erection to enjoy the slay queens. The slay queens by the way are you in different bodies cos you are spirit and can exist in different bodies and in what ever form.

You are the Universe in a condensed self conscious form. So am I. The difference is that I know this and have experienced it but you are not yet awakened. Do I can play you if I choose to. It is allowed.

grin
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Reference(m): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2019
A spirit, The Spirit is a personality while the soul is just a state, a realm, the interface between the mind of a man and that of God. You may call it a spiritual modem.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by ibinaboonline: 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2019
The spirit is the real person. The actual entity called you. The soul on the other hand is the consciousness of you, that is, the consciousness of your spirit. The two are often used interchangeably but they aren't the same. It's similar to how your body functions with an active brain. In other words, the soul is the spirit's mind. More so, the body houses the spirit, that is, you function in this physical plane through a body. I hope you get it now.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by ElsonMorali: 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2019
Holycity:

have be wondering

You are a spirit. And your would is a vehicle that your spirit uses, just like the body is a vehicle for your soul. Think about that. You are an indestructible spirit that can never die. When you stand n@ked in front of your mirror, what you see is a suit (your body) that you as a spirit is wearing. Your soul is like another suit that you as a spirit are wearing but you can't see it because it only manifests in the spiritual realm.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Image123(m): 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2019
Holycity:

have be wondering

I want to guess you are asking for a Christian or biblical perspective. The question has been answered several times in the past. It's a shame the sort of answers on the first page except for maybe my friend MuttleyLaff (who has been literarily kidnapped by homos) who managed what seems right. The soul and spirit are two different parts of man. The bible clearly says Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

There is a dividing asunder of soul and spirit. The spirit is the most precious part of man coming from God. The soul is the seat of emotion and intellect. If there are further questions and clarifications, i will be available by the grace of God.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Donlexino(m): 6:24pm On Jul 14, 2019
Holycity:

have be wondering

Babe you dey smoke ganja?
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by victorazyvictor(m): 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
It depends on what you mean by the spirit, for if you mean a human spirit, then there's no difference between a person's spirit and his soul.

For the soul of a person is the person's individual spirit, and that which distinguishes the person's spirit from another person spirit.

And it emanated from the source of all spirits, which is the Spirit of God.

Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

1. Spirit = God in man
2. Soul = Flesh /God (mediator between spirit"righteousness &sin "flesh)
3. Body = Flesh (dust)

They cant be the same.

Body ends here on earth
Soul is to be judged
Spirit go back to God (to be reincarnated into another body and soul)
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
victorazyvictor:

1. Spirit = God in man
2. Soul = Flesh /God (mediator between spirit"righteousness &sin "flesh)
3. Body = Flesh (dust)

They cant be the same.

Body ends here on earth
Soul is to be judged
Spirit go back to God (to be reincarnated into another body and soul)

If spirits go back to God then how come there are still evil spirits?

And since hell was made for the evil spirits, doesn't that tell you that those human souls which also end up there are also human spirits?

You can believe what you want but the Truth is that a human soul is the same as the human spirit, and no human spirit goes back to God.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by victorazyvictor(m): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
If spirits go back to God then how come there are still evil spirits?

And since hell was made for the evil spirits, doesn't that tell you that those human souls which also end up there are also human spirits?

You can believe what you want but the Truth is that a human soul is the same as the human spirit, and no human spirit goes back to God.

You sef ! grin
Hell is for Souls

The breath of life is the Spirit.
Re: What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? by APOSTLECHUMA: 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2019
MAN IS A BEING IF 3 CIRCLES, FIRST IS THE SPIRIT, 2ND THE SOUL WHILE THE 3RD IS THE BODY. THE FIRST MAN THAT GOD MADE IN GEN 1-26, WAS A SPIRIT,MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD. IN GEN 2:5-7,THAT FIRST MAN MADE IN CHAPTER ONE WAS THERE IN EDEN,WHEN BIBLE TOLD US THAT THERE WAS NO MAN TO TILL THE EARTH IN CHAPTER 2. THE REASON WAS BECAUSE THAT FIRST MAN WAS A SPIRIT AND A SPIRIT HAS NO FLESH AND BONE ACCORDING TO LUK 24-39 AND HAD NO PHYSICAL HANDS WIT WHICH TO TILL THE GROUND. IT WAS IN CHAPTER 2 THAT BIBLE GAVE US THE 2ND ACCOUNT OF MAN'S CREATION AS GOD SAW THE NEED TO PUT THAT SPIRIT MAN IN A BODY OF FLESH SO THAT HE COULD BETTER RELATE WITH THE PHYSICAL WORLD IN WHICH HE LIVED. TO DO THAT,GOD TOOK DUST OF THE EARTH AND BUILT A DWELLING PLACE ( BODY OF FLESH ) FOR THAT SPIRIT MAN AND MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL. BEFORE THAT, HE WAS A LIVING SPIRIT. THE SOUL THEREFORE,IS THE NATURE OF THE SPIRIT. IN IT , YOU HAVE YOUR FEELINGS, SENSATIONS,IMAGINATIONS ETC. ALL THESE CAN BE SINFUL OR HOLY IMAGINATIONS OR FEELINGS,BASED ON WHAT IS INSIDE THE POWER HOUSE THE SPIRIT. IF YOU'RE BORN AGAIN,THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL LIVE IN YOUR SPIRIT AND YOUR FEELINGS ETC WIL BE HOLY AND YOU WILL LIVE RIGHTEOUS IN THE FLESH BUT IF NOT,SATAN WIL LIVE IN YOUR SPIRIT AND YOUR WIL LIVE SINFUL, SMOKE,FORNICATE ETC AND THINK YOU ARE LIVING BIG WITHOUT KNOWING THAT YOU ARE POSSESED BY SATAN. THE FLESH IS ONLY THERE TO EXECUTE ORDERS, GIVEN TO IT FROM THE SOUL,WHIL THE SOULS GETS IT'S OWN ORDERS,FROM THE SPIRIT. 070 5414 2412

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Have To Deny God So I Can Pass..should I? / Which Church Do You Attend? / Man 'Poisoned While Sleeping' In Delta, Survives Attack (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.