Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,709 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? (1531 Views)

Thug Life- 2pac / Rap Music: 2pac Vs Eminem, Who Is A Better Rapper. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2019
I finally listened to his debut and only album released during his lifetime, Lifestyles ov DA poor and dangerous. He had crazy mic skills. That album is a classic. I consider it to be better than The Notorious B.I.G's Ready To Die.

Why isn't he mentioned in the same vein as 2pac, Nas and The Notorious B.I.G?

Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by thesicilian: 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
Just because of one album.
Meaning Sky B should be called a goat too.
Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by TANID(m): 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2019
thesicilian:
Just because of one album. Meaning Sky B should be called a goat too.

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2019
thesicilian:
Just because of one album.
Meaning Sky B should be called a goat too.
He had other albums (released posthumously). The Notorious B.I.G also released only one album in his lifetime (Ready To Die) and he's regarded as one of the GOATs.

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by PlayerMeji: 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2019
I m hearing this for the first time. Big L is regarded as one of the best rappers even ahead of Biggie and Tupac.

He killed Jay Z on some freestyle shiit back then.

May he rip...

raptex:
I finally listened to his debut and only album released during his lifetime, Lifestyles ov DA poor and dangerous. He has crazy mic skills. That album is a classic. I consider it to be better than The Notorious B.I.G's Ready To Die.

Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2019
PlayerMeji:
I m hearing this for the first time. Big L is regarded as one of the best rappers even ahead of Biggie and Tupac.

He killed Jay Z on some freestyle shiit back then.

May he rip...

Whenever the GOATS in Hip Hop are mentioned, over 50 rappers would have been mentioned before anyone namedrops Big L.
Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by Greatzeus(m): 3:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
raptex:
I finally listened to his debut and only album released during his lifetime, Lifestyles ov DA poor and dangerous. He has crazy mic skills. That album is a classic. I consider it to be better than The Notorious B.I.G's Ready mn :-XTo Die.

Why isn't he mentioned in the same vein as 2pac, Nas and The Notorimgnñmmnous B.I.G?
Big L is a great and intelligent rapper,it's sad how black Americans just kill their fellow black rap stars like nothing. Was watching DJ Khaled ft Nipsey hustle- higher,the other time,I felt like crying crygreat rappers have acknowledged him in their songs over the years eg Nas in stillmatic,Loon referred to him as Harlem's greatest in his debut album.
Black Americans are haters goosh angry if you live in the hood(Project housing) they love you,when you blow and move to a more buoyant city,they see you as sell out.

1 Like

Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by CANlBUS(m): 10:19am On Jun 26, 2019
Good to see kids giving their respect to great Veterans but it ain't right to compare them.Even single one of those vets is the greatest including myself.I do hope these modern auto-tune boys leave a legacy behind
Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by Soul47(m): 2:22pm On Jun 26, 2019
A lot of modern rapper give props to Big L.

Hardly will you mention top 10 lyrical rappers of all times without mentioning Big L.

Mac Miller even said it was Big L's U minute freestlye that encouraged him to start rapping.

Nas, Jay Z, Redman, Eminem and many others have given him props.

He is dead anyway and wasn't commercialized enough when he was alive like BIG and Pac for him to me remembered always.

Just like Eazy E.
Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by hakeem4(m): 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2019
raptex:
I finally listened to his debut and only album released during his lifetime, Lifestyles ov DA poor and dangerous. He had crazy mic skills. That album is a classic. I consider it to be better than The Notorious B.I.G's Ready To Die.

is his album as great as illmatic ?
Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
hakeem4:
is his album as great as illmatic ?
No. Illmatic is the best rap album ever. But it's a great album regardless.
Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by hakeem4(m): 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2019
raptex:
No. Illmatic is the best rap album ever. But it's a great album regardless.
hes good i feel hes slept on. he is in my top 10 though. he should not be compared to nas. he is quite good probably compare him with them kool g rap

but i consider notorious BIG and tupac hip hop mediocre
Re: Why Isn't Big L Regarded As One Of The GOATS Like 2pac, Nas And B.I.G? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2019
hakeem4:
hes good i feel hes slept on. he is in my top 10 though. he should not be compared to nas. he is quite good probably compare him with them kool g rap

but i consider notorious BIG and tupac hip hop mediocre
I think he's just as good as Nas. Why shouldn't he be compared to Nas?

See what Nas had to say about him here:

http://www.mtv.com/news/1835250/big-l-40th-birthday-legacy-jay-z-mac-miller/

(1) (Reply)

Place A Death Punchline Line Here, 2bars At Least: / Baudex's Battle Bible / Let This This Young Boy "Megabyte" Freestyle Wow You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.