Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers (7502 Views)

The Mugshot Picture Of Convicted Gov Dapo Abiodun & His Criminal Record IN USA / Lagos Assembly Passes Amended Law Punishing Parents Of Convicted Cultists / NAPTIP Releases Identities Of Convicted Rapists In Nigeria Since 2015 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 24, 2019

Bayelsa Governor, Seriake Dickson, is mulling the signing of death sentences of convicted kidnappers to send a signal that there is no place to hide for felons in the state.

Among the convicted kidnappers are those found guilty and sentenced to death by the state High Court for the kidnap and death of Pa Benson Esinte Adigo, 87, uncle of former governor Timipre Sylva.

Dickson said he is worried that the rife in kidnap cases is being carried out by criminal elements that were armed by opposition leaders during the general election.

He said he is considering signing of the many death sentences to send the appropriate signal that Bayelsa State government, under his watch, would not allow kidnappers get way.

Dickson, who decried the continued undermining of the state security apparatus by key opposition figures, warned Bayelsans not to pay kidnappers because the security system put in place by his administration would ensure they are caught.

He warned those involved in kidnapping to desist forthwith as the government would clamp down on them.

“I want to use this opportunity to call on the young men who are into this nefarious act to stop it in their own interest. In this state, no matter how long it takes, if you kidnap someone, we will catch you.

“There are so any convicts whose death warrants are on my table waiting to be signed. “Any how you run, we will catch you.

“Those who kidnapped Sylva’s uncle, an old man, Chief Adigio, I think, he even died in their custody. So callous, so cruel.

“They have been convicted and sentenced to death. So, people should be careful. No matter how long. We will catch you. And you will pay the supreme price.

“If you go to the prison, you have so many of them in Okaka. Violent criminals all arrested. In this state, the system we have set up, you may succeed in kidnapping somebody but you may not get away with it because we will get you very shortly.

“I want to call on those young men who are into that to desist and allow other people to come out and see how you can be a useful member of our community.

“There are ways we can support and rehabilitate you. We can talk about that. How to rehabilitate you but this idea of kidnapping old men and women and taking them to the forest to ask for money; nobody has millions and millions to pay anybody.

“And for me, you know I have a policy of not paying. Even when my late mother was kidnap, I never paid. And in certain cases, I shall waste no time in signing the death warrant for their execution,” he said.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/ill-sign-death-warrant-of-convicted.html?m=1

7 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Harrymig1(m): 8:28am On Jun 24, 2019
May God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by NameChecker: 11:15am On Jun 24, 2019
Ok
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by RillJ(m): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2019
Straight up. No time

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by miraclenaeche(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2019
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Bari2019: 11:16am On Jun 24, 2019
Nice one coming from a former police man

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by LZAA: 11:19am On Jun 24, 2019
Cant remember the last time death warrants were signed in nigeria
The last executions here was during abacha's rule when otokoto 6 faced firing squad
We need to amend our laws tho
Death sentence for kidnapping THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE DEATH is too harsh
A long jail time should be enough

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by momodub: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2019
Na so with corrupt politicians

1 Like

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Bms4real(m): 11:20am On Jun 24, 2019
When member of his family get kidnap now. They wil nt inform us b4 the pay urge amount of money to them. Making mouth up and down. Dont worry
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:21am On Jun 24, 2019
The son of Diick, oyinbos names shaa,
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by kanubiafra: 11:25am On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by contigiency(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2019
Our judiciary is the major reason insecurity and all sorts of crime are on the increase. Otherwise tell me why Evans and many other cases have lingered for many years now, even with all the revelations and confessions of the accused.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Englishgold: 11:27am On Jun 24, 2019
It can't cost u more than #5 Biro. This will serve them better.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by dingbang(m): 11:28am On Jun 24, 2019
Sign it
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Caleb17: 11:29am On Jun 24, 2019
Don't be an accomplice of taking the life of another person that you can't create not matter what. You can subject them to community service for life. In that way they will work their lives out without been paid. #saynotodeathpenalty

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by skallink: 11:29am On Jun 24, 2019
LZAA:
The last executions here was during abacha's rule when otokoto 6 faced firing squad
are you a kidnapper? Why worry

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by opribo(m): 11:32am On Jun 24, 2019
Let the execution start fast and let it be public so everybody will see their faces.

One cannot move freely in Nigeria now. In fact it should be a national law in the whole Nigeria, to execute kidnappers in public.

9 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by davillian(m): 11:34am On Jun 24, 2019
shocked
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by LZAA: 11:35am On Jun 24, 2019
skallink:
are you a kidnapper? Why worry
Lol i'm not grin
But seriously some of our laws need to be checked
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 24, 2019
Too many evil people in our nation, we need to reduce the number, our population is even too much...even America executes convicts, this is the way to reduce crime. Terrorists and kidnappers need to get what they deserve.

1 Like

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by suky1976: 11:40am On Jun 24, 2019
LET ALL GOVERNORS SIGN THESE TO REDUCE OUR CONGESTED PRISON
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Henrichemeka(m): 11:44am On Jun 24, 2019
Please my people, what warrant should we sign for fulani herdsmen?
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 24, 2019
Henrichemeka:
Please my people, what warrant should we sign for fulani herdsmen?
And Ghanaians doing trade here undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Xisnin(m): 11:50am On Jun 24, 2019
Dickson can't. He lacks the balls.
If it is to secretly eliminate opponents using cultists and assassins,
our politicians have no problem with it. But when it comes to ridding the
society of evil, they pretend to be holy men who can't hurt a fly.

1 Like

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Xisnin(m): 11:54am On Jun 24, 2019
Caleb17:
Don't be an accomplice of taking the life of another person that you can't create not matter what. You can subject them to community service for life. In that way they will work their lives out without been paid. #saynotodeathpenalty
Leadership position is not for cowards.
If everyone thinks like you, you would be working your ass off in Boko haram
plantation farm if you managed to stay alive.

1 Like

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Henrichemeka(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2019
ThatIjawBoy:
And Ghanaians doing trade here undecided

And even South Africans and their businesses here

1 Like

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by StoneLucifer: 12:04pm On Jun 24, 2019
Caleb17:

Dont worry when kidnappers take away ur father and mother for a ransome running into millions, u will know how far!! undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by PatrickOkunima(m): 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
LZAA:

No, it's not. Do you know the kind of trauma the victims go through?

I think we need to extend the death penalty to even financial-related crimes.

China wouldn't be where it is today, if not for death penalty.

Death penalty is good, provided innocent ones will not be killed and everyone will be equal before the law.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Latest On The 4 Uniport Students Killed By Aluu / Endsars: Bodies Of Those Killed In Igandu, Lagos This Morning (graphic Video) / 70 Years Old Man Arrested For Defiling A Minor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.