Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,464 members, 7,840,027 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers (7518 Views)

The Mugshot Picture Of Convicted Gov Dapo Abiodun & His Criminal Record IN USA / Lagos Assembly Passes Amended Law Punishing Parents Of Convicted Cultists / NAPTIP Releases Identities Of Convicted Rapists In Nigeria Since 2015 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by LZAA: 12:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

No, it's not. Do you know the kind of trauma the victims go through?

I think we need to extend the death penalty to even financial-related crimes.

China wouldn't be where it is today, if not for death penalty.

Death penalty is good, provided innocent ones will not be killed and everyone will be equal before the law.
grin grin
China na communist state na grin
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by goodnewsbabe: 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Agugbadin: 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
Your excellency, Please do it, no kidnapper has been executed that is the main reason why the business is thriving

3 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Charly68: 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2019
No nonsense man..carry go!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by follock007(m): 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
Sign death warrants for all your Canoes plus Paddles that are the 33 kid-nappers you want... The worse part is when the Jaw Jaw seem to look like the Death warrant in question. Ogini sef, Egone?
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by West2019(m): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
collinsuchendu:

Bayelsa Governor, Seriake Dickson, is mulling the signing of death sentences of convicted kidnappers to send a signal that there is no place to hide for felons in the state.

Among the convicted kidnappers are those found guilty and sentenced to death by the state High Court for the kidnap and death of Pa Benson Esinte Adigo, 87, uncle of former governor Timipre Sylva.

Dickson said he is worried that the rife in kidnap cases is being carried out by criminal elements that were armed by opposition leaders during the general election.

He said he is considering signing of the many death sentences to send the appropriate signal that Bayelsa State government, under his watch, would not allow kidnappers get way.

Dickson, who decried the continued undermining of the state security apparatus by key opposition figures, warned Bayelsans not to pay kidnappers because the security system put in place by his administration would ensure they are caught.

He warned those involved in kidnapping to desist forthwith as the government would clamp down on them.

“I want to use this opportunity to call on the young men who are into this nefarious act to stop it in their own interest. In this state, no matter how long it takes, if you kidnap someone, we will catch you.

“There are so any convicts whose death warrants are on my table waiting to be signed. “Any how you run, we will catch you.

“Those who kidnapped Sylva’s uncle, an old man, Chief Adigio, I think, he even died in their custody. So callous, so cruel.

“They have been convicted and sentenced to death. So, people should be careful. No matter how long. We will catch you. And you will pay the supreme price.

“If you go to the prison, you have so many of them in Okaka. Violent criminals all arrested. In this state, the system we have set up, you may succeed in kidnapping somebody but you may not get away with it because we will get you very shortly.

“I want to call on those young men who are into that to desist and allow other people to come out and see how you can be a useful member of our community.

“There are ways we can support and rehabilitate you. We can talk about that. How to rehabilitate you but this idea of kidnapping old men and women and taking them to the forest to ask for money; nobody has millions and millions to pay anybody.

“And for me, you know I have a policy of not paying. Even when my late mother was kidnap, I never paid. And in certain cases, I shall waste no time in signing the death warrant for their execution,” he said.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/ill-sign-death-warrant-of-convicted.html?m=1
pls do thanks alot
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by dreality: 2:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
A nation that spares the death sentence and allow abominable crimes to fester will eventually be afflicted by mass culling themselves

2 Likes

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
Our leaders are yet to consider kidnapping, drug trafficking etc as hard crimes, perhaps that's why illegal activities are becoming more attractive
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by GeoAfrikana(m): 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
Caleb17:
Don't be an accomplice of taking the life of another person that you can't create not matter what. You can subject them to community service for life. In that way they will work their lives out without been paid. #saynotodeathpenalty
. without being paid?
Prisoners get free food, shelter and health care!
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Caleb17: 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
Hard labour.. I mean a very hard labour, let person do hard jobs like mining , digging of gutters.
The idiot go work tire, e go tire am, he will be begging to die instead of all that suffering..
GeoAfrikana:

. without being paid?
Prisoners get free food, shelter and health care!
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by Angelfrost(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2019
Henrichemeka:

And even South Africans and their businesses here

The hate is real! grin grin grin

The thing don pain enter marrow.
Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by alobright17(m): 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
LZAA:
Cant remember the last time death warrants were signed in nigeria
The last executions here was during abacha's rule when otokoto 6 faced firing squad
We need to amend our laws tho
Death sentence for kidnapping THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE DEATH is too harsh
A long jail time should be enough

Why taking panadol for kidnappers ? allow them to face death penalty the prison yard don full .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by greggng: 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
LZAA:
Cant remember the last time death warrants were signed in nigeria
The last executions here was during abacha's rule when otokoto 6 faced firing squad
We need to amend our laws tho
Death sentence for kidnapping THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE DEATH is too harsh
A long jail time should be enough

You are not correct. Adams oshomole signed death warrant for 5 death row inmate .4 of them where executed by hangman from Ghana. The last one was not executed cos his trial was during military regime and firing squad was the order of the day by then. There should be a review to ascertain if is proper to hang such a person under our current law. Recall , Oshomole was compelled to sign the warrant cos of the crime rate in Edo state especially kidnapping. I won't be surprise if Dickson signs it so soon. That will serve as a deterrent

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Dickson: I Will Sign Death Warrant Of Convicted Kidnappers by LZAA: 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
greggng:

You are not correct. Adams oshomole signed death warrant for 5 death row inmate .4 of them where executed by hangman from Ghana. The last one was not executed cos his trial was during military regime and firing squad was the order of the day by then. There should be a review to ascertain if is proper to hang such a person under our current law. Recall , Oshomole was compelled to sign the warrant cos of the crime rate in Edo state especially kidnapping. I won't be surprise if Dickson signs it so soon. That will serve as a deterrent
Exactly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Officers Beret / He was begging they still cut his throat - Eiye vs KK cult war - PHOTOS / Police Breaks Child Trafficking Syndicate, Recover Three Children In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.