Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Is Alibaba.com A Safe Place For Importation? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Alibaba.com A Safe Place For Importation? (2784 Views)

Is Shutting Down Via The Computer's Power Button Really Safe? / Is Dragstock.com A SCAM? / Where Can I Download A Safe Windows Media Player 11 Software? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Alibaba.com A Safe Place For Importation? by wealth2al(m): 12:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
Hello house, please I have made so many contacts with guys from China via alibaba.com but I dont know if I may loose my money in the process. Is there any one who have had dealings with those guys before? I want to actually import some Laptops and maybe Electronics too. Is it safe?
Re: Is Alibaba.com A Safe Place For Importation? by Suntemi(m): 1:44pm On Oct 06, 2010
It not safe o. Most people that I know that have tried it lost their money in the process. Most of the sellers on alibaba are Scammers. Some sell sub-standard products. I almost got scammed too when I was thinking of importing usb modems from China through Alibaba.

My Advice, Try getting someone you trust that stays there, to do the sourcing for you. That way you are safe.
Re: Is Alibaba.com A Safe Place For Importation? by femtec: 11:22am On Oct 10, 2010
have u heard of 'escrow' on alibaba. pls check cos they wont release ur money to suppliers until u confirm delivery.with that u are covered
Re: Is Alibaba.com A Safe Place For Importation? by melidee: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2010
Did u know that all of the things on ali baba are imitations most are not 100% replicas of the original item. So people will get to know when they buy something they will know that they have been scammed and you will know that uve been scammed too.
Re: Is Alibaba.com A Safe Place For Importation? by lansha2006: 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2010
Bros,
The truth is that Alibaba has a lot of scammers and at the same time a lot of genuine sellers. All you need to do in order to play safe is to use escrow/ali express to make payment. Ensure that you do not negotiate this mode of payment, from their you will know how genuine a buyer is.
With ali express, payment is made to ali express account and will not be delivered to the seller until the buyer receives the goods and confirm everything ok.
Re: Is Alibaba.com A Safe Place For Importation? by femtec: 11:26am On Oct 12, 2010
thanks for that comment cos thats exactly the way it is

(1) (Reply)

OPEN BOX 8th gen HP SPECTRE AVAILABLE FOR SALE - SOLD / Lenovo Thinkpad X120e (intel Dual Core, 4gb RAM, 500gb HDD, 12" Display) / Hitv.com.ng Has Bin Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.