Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,075 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425083 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by legalwealth(m): 9:17am On Mar 19, 2020
Playz:
Yes, and that's how you said the Africard was banned.
Do you have any update?

Did it work for one month after it was said with reason given that it is because scammers and fraudsters are using it now that it is rampant?

For your information, I've known Africard since 2013 and you people forming boss knowing it in 2019 should calm down.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by foluwaseyi: 9:18am On Mar 19, 2020
Is it just me or has qaw turned to matt11:12 since yesternight? Even fc uk sef, I no see pick. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 9:19am On Mar 19, 2020
legalwealth:

Did it work for one month after it was said with reason given that it is because scammers and fraudsters are using it now that it is rampant?

For your information, I've known Africard since 2013 and you people forming boss knowing it in 2019 should calm down.
Thanks.
I actually found out about it in 2020, not 2019.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by legalwealth(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2020
Playz:
Thanks.
I actually found out about it in 2020, not 2019.

Then when someone who knows it for that long talks, I think you should care listening and believing.

If people like me didn't codely unleash the secret since 2018, you might not know of it in 2020 although it started becoming well known mid 2019.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 9:25am On Mar 19, 2020
legalwealth:

Then when someone who knows it for that long talks, I think you should care listening and believing.

If people like me didn't codely unleash the secret since 2018, you might not know of it in 2020 although it started becoming well known mid 2019.
Thank you, Sir.
I didn't discredit your contributions to PayPal's popularity in Nigeria.

I'm just not in support of people coming online to give uncertain/half-baked info.
I've also been operating a PayPal account since 2018, nothing special there.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by legalwealth(m): 9:28am On Mar 19, 2020
Playz:
Thank you, Sir.
I didn't discredit your contributions to PayPal's popularity in Nigeria.

I'm just not in support of people coming online to give uncertain/half-baked info.
I've also been operating a PayPal account since 2018, nothing special there.

Great and you are welcome! !!

I give update based of facts and you don't expect me to be dropping evidences that might not be necessary or are confidential.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 9:29am On Mar 19, 2020
legalwealth:

Great! !!

I give update based of facts and you don't expect me to be dropping evidences that might not be necessary.
Understood.
Thanks for your time/response.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 9:30am On Mar 19, 2020
skywalker95:
Out of the bank. The story I was told is that the Africard portal as a whole is down. I filed a letter of complaint and I'll follow up tomorrow if I don't hear back from them.
Thanks for the heads up. I really appreciate.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by legalwealth(m): 9:32am On Mar 19, 2020
Playz:
Understood.
Thanks for your time/response.

You are welcome.

Those using it for scams and frauds should know that they are no longer under cover plus UBA is working on measures to curb those practices.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 9:32am On Mar 19, 2020
samsard:
I haven't been transcribing on Qaworld. So no, I didn't use Africard. I think they're just trying to prevent money laundering or fraud,
where have you been working? Scribie?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Inehmesit: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2020
Anyone knows any other transcribing site?
This Qa is not giving me any calls, every time I check, nothing is available
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by FarmWell: 10:04am On Mar 19, 2020
So which PayPal is best to open for easy sending and receiving, Lesotho or South Africa? Heard SA PayPal allows both fnf and gns, Lesotho Only sends with gns. What does this mean?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:05am On Mar 19, 2020
Greatihex:
where have you been working? Scribie?
Scribie pay is too poor. I kind of gave up on them.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:06am On Mar 19, 2020
Inehmesit:
Anyone knows any other transcribing site?
This Qa is not giving me any calls, every time I check, nothing is available
Coronavirus. But you could try Scribie with the worst pay in the busimess
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Inehmesit: 10:07am On Mar 19, 2020
Oh, that’s true, I was wondering what could be the problem, why do you say Scribie has the worst pay, is Qa the best when it comes to pay?
samsard:
Coronavirus. But you could try Scribie with the worst pay in the busimess
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:10am On Mar 19, 2020
Inehmesit:
Oh, that’s true, I was wondering what could be the problem, why do you say Scribie has the worst pay, is Qa the best?
Qa is not the best, but arguably the easiest to get into. You can't get into other ones as easily. Scribie is somewhat easy too and does not even require speaker labeling. If you can just take the time to read their guidelines. BUT, the pay is as low as $5 per audio hour, which honestly is really poor.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2020
skywalker95:
Out of the bank. The story I was told is that the Africard portal as a whole is down. I filed a letter of complaint and I'll follow up tomorrow if I don't hear back from them.

Thanks for the update. I have also tried all the ATMs for all the banks this morning and nothing nothing. Please is it possible to send money to exchangers from Africard, because it brings credit card as an option when attempting to transfer money.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 10:12am On Mar 19, 2020
samsard:

But what's their platform like? Difficulty in test and transcribing, frequency of jobs, etc.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2020
MaziOkoro:

But what's their platform like? Difficulty in test and transcribing, frequency of jobs, etc.
Test requires you have read their FAQ as you will be transcribing an actual file. There are always jobs (except for COVID19 issue) but mostly low paying jobs.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Ujunkem(f): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2020
wisewordd:
I called a friend at their head office, and she said it's network issue, that it'll be resolved.

It is not a network issue neither is their portal down. I was able to transfer the money i had from my africard.

The not being able to transfer africard money, only affect those that recently withdrew from PayPal. I can't say what UBA is up-to.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by MaziOkoro: 10:33am On Mar 19, 2020
samsard:
Test requires you have read their FAQ as you will be transcribing an actual file. There are always jobs (except for COVID19 issue) but mostly low paying jobs.

Thank for the response boss.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by wisewordd: 10:42am On Mar 19, 2020
Ujunkem:

It is not a network issue neither is their portal down. I was able to transfer the money i had from my africard.

The not being able to transfer africard money, only affect those that recently withdrew from PayPal. I can't say what UBA is up-to.
Let's wait and see.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Olabowa: 10:43am On Mar 19, 2020
foluwaseyi:
Is it just me or has qaw turned to matt11:12 since yesternight? Even fc uk sef, I no see pick. Na wa o.

Corona Virus wouldn't allow most of those companies operate. One FC UK call I attempted, the REP was quarantined and was calling from home.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 10:46am On Mar 19, 2020
samsard:
where you come dey work nah?

Scribie pay is not motivating at all.
Although, they have calls all the time, but not all are good to work on. Truth is, I just dey work on Scribie make e no be like say person no dey do anything.
I am still waiting for QA to officially launch their new platform before I can start working.

Abeg tell me your new found work place?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:53am On Mar 19, 2020
Greatihex:
where you come dey work nah?

Scribie pay is not motivating at all.
Although, they have calls all the time, but not all are good to work on. Truth is, I just dey work on Scribie make e no be like say person no dey do anything.
I am still waiting for QA to officially launch their new platform before I can start working.

Abeg tell me your new found work place?
grin How much have you been able to make there?

GoTranscript, not worked much this week, though.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:54am On Mar 19, 2020
Olabowa:

Corona Virus wouldn't allow most of those companies operate. One FC UK call I attempted, the REP was quarantined and was calling from home.
grin grin grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by legalwealth(m): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2020
Ujunkem:

Cool point raised! !!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Greatihex(m): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2020
samsard:
grin How much have you been able to make there?

GoTranscript, not worked much this week, though.
My brother, just $2.53; although, I don't work there frequently. The 2.53 is from 4 files that I have been paid for.

What is your thought about GoTranscript?
Is it easy to work there?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Inehmesit: 11:12am On Mar 19, 2020
samsard:
Qa is not the best, but arguably the easiest to get into. You can't get into other ones as easily. Scribie is somewhat easy too and does not even require speaker labeling. If you can just take the time to read their guidelines. BUT, the pay is as low as $5 per audio hour, which honestly is really poor.
Okay, so apart from Qa, which other would you recommend? Have you tried waywithwords?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by sampete(m): 11:26am On Mar 19, 2020
Olabowa:

lol grin

I think I attempted a similar call. Worked hours on it and then gave it up. Something about getting the virus in Australia right?

FC UK calls are crazy as hell
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:42am On Mar 19, 2020
Greatihex:
My brother, just $2.53; although, I don't work there frequently. The 2.53 is from 4 files that I have been paid for.

What is your thought about GoTranscript?
Is it easy to work there?
It's not as easy as Qa in some aspects. You can just watch YouTube videos to see how it is
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:43am On Mar 19, 2020
Inehmesit:
Okay, so apart from Qa, which other would you recommend? Have you tried waywithwords?
Nah, never tried waywithwords. It doesn't matter which I recommend, which can you get into.

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.