Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa (13397 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Lagos / Uber Driver Commits Suicide In Lagos / Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2019
A 45 year-old truck driver, Oliver Osieme, committed suicide inside his room at Etegwe community in the Yenagoa Local Government Area of Bayelsa yesterday June 24th.

Oliver recently fell into depression after losing his job. His truck had developed a major fault which required so much money for him to fix it.

Yesterday while his wife and every member of his family had gone out for their daily activities, Oliver tied a rope to his ceiling fan and committed suicide.

His body was discovered by his wife's sister who returned home from school. He left no suicide note

Confirming the incident, the state police Public Relations Officer, SP. Asinim Butswat, said the command was currently investigating the incident leading to the man’s death.

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/06/truck-driver-commits-suicide-in-bayelsa.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2019
Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by emeijeh(m): 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
What's with the increase in suicide stories everyday in Nigeria ?

5 Likes

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by nzeobi(m): 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2019
why do Nigerians overdo anything they want to do, everyday suicide and deaths.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by StRichard(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2019
Nigeria is gradually overtaking India in suicide.

11 Likes

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by levi2(m): 8:02am On Jun 26, 2019
Too sad
Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by NonFarmPayrol: 8:02am On Jun 26, 2019
once upon a time

suicide was shocking news in Nigeria

but the rate now is scary

shocked shocked shocked

things are really hard for people out there

inflation has made people paupers over night while the government is chilling

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by Toju200(m): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2019
They should ban d selling of ceiling fan just like sniper too

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by helinues: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2019
Rip to him

Not everyone could stand depressions.
Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by weyreypey: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2019
He escaped from next level

2 Likes

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2019
The money people will contribute for burial could have fixed the truck. We never asked to be born. If we chose to end it early i see no biggie there.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by 151487made(m): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2019
Shebi the other day one useless girl dey use depression play on Instagram by taking fanta instead of sniper.

The real fact is that government has failed us in all areas and not ready make things right back to normal

U will always see the output of the input of the government in Society.

10 Likes

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by Echo50(m): 8:03am On Jun 26, 2019
this info lacks good details......lost job and truck develop fault and no money to repair? he has a truck in the first yet commit suicide........

lacking proper info that lead to his death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by Ace16(m): 8:04am On Jun 26, 2019
So sad to be a Nigerian. D weak ones who has slipped into depression can’t take it anymore. Our govt has no single regard for human lives. From d federal to d state govt, Pple can barely feed, no shelter. We are indeed d headquarter of poverty in d world nd our govt is cool with it.
I pray for d weak today, Jesus will strengthen u, help will come from above. He is still a faithful God. Stay strong folks���

3 Likes

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by technuel: 8:04am On Jun 26, 2019
Depression is Real
With Jesus in your life you can go through that valley of death and come out strong and successful

3 Likes

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by biggestmanhood(m): 8:04am On Jun 26, 2019
na buhari fault,lifeless thing

1 Like

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by Temptee101(m): 8:04am On Jun 26, 2019
Fools

They thought banning sniper was the solution to our economic challenges? Our polilooters shall never go unpunished esp buhari

Useless and heartless country/citizens

11 Likes

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by willyo(m): 8:05am On Jun 26, 2019
Families are not helping issues...

Imagine ur wife calling u all sorts of names cos she's the one managing the family now with her meagre income...

It's painful tho..
Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by openmine(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2019
Now our leaders will know there are other means of committing suicide aside the use of snipers!
We are indeed a reactive nation!

1 Like

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by Pavore9: 8:08am On Jun 26, 2019
Government at all levels need to deploy resources to improve interventions and access to mental health facilities.

1 Like

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by 2rhymestharap(m): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2019
If the amount of failures one faced, faces goes deep down this fragile heart can be measured everyone i know would have died already.. some people are not strong enough for pain "COWARDICE".. BE A MAN and tell pain hey you dont hurt if you are going through anything worse imaginable..
Sniper don high for market now the way people dey consume am i no understand why someone would commit suicide because you failed or your girl friend left you ( read that 20times this year on this forum already )

What is the worst pain i know? urrrh! am too young to say but the one we face out here on the street of lagos with police brutality alone self... what was i saying self?.. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL ENOUGH TO LIVE FOR ...

pathfinder for sale here ---> https://www.nairaland.com/5265939/fairly-used-2003-nissan-pathfinder
Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by meekme(m): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2019
In all my years there'd never been as many suicide reports as I've seen this year. May God have mercy on us.

3 Likes

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by nairalee(m): 8:11am On Jun 26, 2019
I don't know whether rate of suicide is increasing or social media makes it easier for us to know.

It's really worrying

1 Like

Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by willexyaho(m): 8:12am On Jun 26, 2019
collinsuchendu:

said the command was currently investigating the incident leading to the man’s death.

It's a pity.
Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by charleybam(m): 8:13am On Jun 26, 2019
But do you knw dat as i was reading this post with tears in my eyes My girl friend just came to my house to complain dat she is pregnant with her mother in so much pain but as soon as dey saw me reading this post,it changed deir lives effortlessly, i'm so surprised as i am talking to you now,dey re sheding tears too..they had to call the council of elders and the igwe in the village to bring the offor and the groom price with 5000 kolanut and 5 kegs of Kunu for the wedding..Is God not wonderful?
Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by crazygod(m): 8:15am On Jun 26, 2019
They need to ban the sales of rope as they did sniper ASAP angry
Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 26, 2019
Oh God!
Re: Truck Driver Commits Suicide In Bayelsa by Emmanuel72(m): 8:20am On Jun 26, 2019
charleybam:
But do you knw dat as i was reading this post with tears in my eyes My girl friend just came to my house to complain dat she is pregnant with her mother in so much pain but as soon as dey saw me reading this post,it changed deir lives effortlessly, i'm so surprised as i am talking to you now,dey re sheding tears too..they had to call the council of elders and the igwe in the village to bring the offor and the groom price with 5000 kolanut and 5 kegs of Kunu for the wedding..Is God not wonderful?

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angela Ozioko: Goddy Nnadi Brought SARS Who Shot My Son / Murder Charges Against Maryam Sanda Filed By Police For Killing Bilyamin Bello / NDLEA Declares Osun Cannabis-Producing State, Destroys 24,486 Tons Of Narcotics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.