Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,575 members, 7,840,372 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? (1640 Views)

Nigerian Man Shares Touching Story Of His Journey And Hustle In The UAE. / Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Which Country Is Easy And Cheap For A Person To Go And Hustle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by Jimgym(m): 1:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
Hello all, I am a struggling young man, living in lagos. I have a job that pay 130,000 every month, plus some extra side hustle that brings in some 10,000 sometimes. I am considering traveling abroad, with the hope of getting married to a citizen and getting work permit to work and earn higher wages. I am however in a valley of decision, I'm thinking whethr I should stay put in Nigeria or take the risk of the unknown. Please advice.
Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by bluebay(m): 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2019
My brother, if you are running a business that gives you 130k monthly and you know you don’t have any link for accommodation, employment Nd so, please stay put. But if you employed and it gives you 130k, I don’t know if you have anyone over there or not, Bros, Move as soon as possible... It’s better to be hungry over there than here jor

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by blackpanthar: 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
Why not increase your earnings to 250k with more side hustle.

Stay in Nigeria for a little while longer. You will still travel but not now.

Jimgym:
Hello all, I am a struggling young man, living in lagos. I have a job that pay 130,000 every month, plus some extra side hustle that brings in some 10,000 sometimes. I am considering traveling abroad, with the hope of getting married to a citizen and getting work permit to work and earn higher wages. I am however in a valley of decision, I'm thinking whethr I should stay put in Nigeria or take the risk of the unknown. Please advice.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by Yuceeluv(f): 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
Don't leave your job yet. Keep working, keep saving. While at it, make proper enquiries of the best country to relocate to, standard of living, job opportunities, etc. Then u can be in Nigeria and start a relationship over there, the person can help you get conversant with everything about d country, including the security risks and how to get accommodation, etc.

My point? Don't go 'a-fishing' in a river you aren't sure, has a single fish in it. Do your research...well.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 2:17pm On Jun 27, 2019
Jimgym:
If you have the capital, educational qualifications, years of experience, look towards either Australia / Canadian skilled workers program on this board, 140,000 naira in my opinion is not enough to plan / survive in Nigeria considering the daily challenges you have to deal with, a serious medical issue / emergency is enough to swallow the small income you think you have, people travel to the western world for different reasons, good health care is one of them, good luck with your decisions but if I were in your shoes, I will vammoose from the headquarters of extreme poverty in the world and head towards the country l suggested above or alternatively you can look towards Finland / Germany for further studies if you can afford the school fees

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by Jimgym(m): 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2019
Its not a business, its an employment
bluebay:
My brother, if you are running a business that gives you 130k monthly and you know you don’t have any link for accommodation, employment Nd so, please stay put. But if you employed and it gives you 130k, I don’t know if you have anyone over there or not, Bros, Move as soon as possible... It’s better to be hungry over there than here jor
Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by Jimgym(m): 3:05pm On Jun 27, 2019
Like i said, its a paid employment. The side hustles isn't frequent. it comes whenever it wants to
blackpanthar:
Why not increase your earnings to 250k with more side hustle.

Stay in Nigeria for a little while longer. You will still travel but not now.

Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by justwise(m): 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
bluebay:

Honestly you don’t know what you are talking about

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by bluebay(m): 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
justwise:

Honestly you don’t know what you are talking about
Honestly, you have problem
Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by chaiks: 3:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
AngelicBeing:
If you have the capital, educational qualifications, years of experience, look towards either Australia / Canadian skilled workers program on this board, 140,000 naira in my opinion is not enough to plan / survive in Nigeria considering the daily challenges you have to deal with, a serious medical issue / emergency is enough to swallow the small income you think you have, people travel to the western world for different reasons, good health care is one of them, good luck with your decisions but if I were in your shoes, I will vammoose from the headquarters of extreme poverty in the world and head towards the country l suggested above or alternatively you can look towards Finland / Germany for further studies if you can afford the school fees
please apart from studies and skill migration, how much will it take me to process movement to Australia? I am thinking of initiating an agent in Lagos to help me get a visa to Australia. Is that realisable apart from study a route?
Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by justwise(m): 4:01pm On Jun 27, 2019
bluebay:

Honestly, you have problem

Yes my problem is people like you who always say things they have no clue about

1 Like

Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by justwise(m): 4:03pm On Jun 27, 2019
Jimgym:

If you are not travelling for studies or with work visa please stay in Nigeria with that job

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2019
Oga, you talk as if you're sure of securing a visa, sure of the oyibo woman to marry and sure you won't be deported as an illegal immigrant so you don't need our advice naa. grin
Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2019
chaiks:
please apart from studies and skill migration, how much will it take me to process movement to Australia? I am thinking of initiating an agent in Lagos to help me get a visa to Australia. Is that realisable apart from study a route?
Go to the Australian migration website, read and note down all the different requirements for tourist visas / skilled / studyroute and use it to access your present situation and see where you fit in, avoid agent, you can do it yourself, agents will only collect your money to eat fried chicken, Turkey, smoke weed, lash slay Queens and sleep in cosy chilled hotels, they might likely package Oluwole / dagbo documents for you that will permanently destroy your migration Plans, good luck as you do the right thing

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by Mizwisdom(f): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2019
Jimgym:
Its not a business, its an employment

If you can't multiply it here then do as you please, maybe when you go abroad you will learn to save and invest
Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by olayincar(m): 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2019
Jimgym:

Bros abeg leave this country
If your link is sure

1 Like

Re: Should I Go And Hustle Abroad Or Should I Stay Put In Nigeria? by queengift(f): 10:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
It's better for you to relocate now that you are single, that salary is not enough here in Nigeria if you are married with kids, better you relocate now to a sane country, where you and your kids can enjoy free health care, free school, sane environment unlike Nigeria where everybody is angry.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

F-1 Visa Denial To A Community College In Us / Nigerians In Canberra / Is It Possible To Get A Job In Any European Country With My Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.