Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

5 Times You Should Say “no” To Nigerian “elders” - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Times You Should Say “no” To Nigerian “elders” (496 Views)

Yorubas Founded Benin Oba Of Bini Should Say It / Why Is It A Disrespect To Use A Parable In The Midst Of Elders A Young Person / Oyibo Woman Married To Nigerian Comes Hard On Those Attacking Her For her Pidgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Times You Should Say “no” To Nigerian “elders” by AGrande98: 8:22am On Jun 28, 2019
Nigeria is quite the cultural country where most are taught the importance of respect as a part of their upbringing.
But sometimes oppression and entitlement dressed in the cloak of respect manage to sneak in, and as the younger generation, we're expected to keep quiet in the face of this blatant oppression.
Well, it all ends now.
The person who claimed his seat from Wole Soyinka has sparked an online conversation on the difference between oppression and respect, and we stand with him on this one.
So here are five times, Nigerian elders will tell you to have some respect but in actuality, they are trying to scam you. Feel free to say "No".

1 "My son, let me quickly use the ATM. I need to rush somewhere"
Dear ma, I have to rush somewhere too. You're not the only one with a job. Or a life.
So calm down and take your place at the back of the line.

Read More Here
https://kraks.co/story/5-times-you-should-say-no-to-nigerian-elders/

Re: 5 Times You Should Say “no” To Nigerian “elders” by AGrande98: 3:49pm On Jun 28, 2019
What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

Colourism In Nollywood - Face2faceafrica / Where Can We Get Drivers Like This One / Bad Habbits We (nigerians) Have In Common

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.