Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science (14576 Views)

Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study / OAU Loses Accreditation For Law, Dentistry, Botany And Medical Rehabilitation / 21 Universities That Offer Medical Laboratory Science In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 30, 2019
arinzos:

All i am saying is,there is no special treatment given to any Male Nurse.
Any Higher Institution wants qualified personnels. What Higher Institution needs is a Nurse with B.NSc,MSc and PhD irrespective of Gender.
This your "Male Nurse" is in high demand is just Nonsense to me.
No offence.
Probably you don't get it do you? The ratio of female to male nurses is very low hence the demand. Simple economics concept should teach you this. You wouldn't understand because you program your mind to one area
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by ayox1(m): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2019
Why don't you go for pharmacy?
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by arinzos(m): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2019
ayox1:
Why Pharmacy?
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by arinzos(m): 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2019
asuustrike1:

Probably you don't get it do you? The ratio of female to male nurses is very low hence the demand. Simple economics concept should teach you this. You wouldn't understand because you program your mind to one area
I understand your point.but is there anywhere that Nurses are needed and they specifically stated Male Nurse?
Or you are just doing "Hear say"
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by olamy7(m): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2019
asuustrike1:

I think u wanted to say 'the ratio is high'
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
olamy7:
I think u wanted to say 'the ratio is high'
Yes. Male nurses are needed

1 Like

Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Shila16: 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2019
My aunt advised me to go for nursing because of its lucrative nature outside Nigeria, but my mind is tilting towards medical lab science because I always love something tasking that enables me think
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by pacretus(m): 11:43pm On Jun 30, 2019
Shila16:
My aunt advised me to go for nursing because of its lucrative nature outside Nigeria, but my mind is tilting towards medical lab science because I always love something tasking that enables me think
don't be such a dičķ head.
Many private hospitals are owned by male nurses here in Nigeria. And you may never know.

1 Like

Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by pacretus(m): 11:45pm On Jun 30, 2019
asuustrike1:

not necessarily. Male nurse are in high demand in every country because they handle cases more seriously and professionally than the females.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by pacretus(m): 11:56pm On Jun 30, 2019
Shila16:
Am a male o boss,
bro. Public and private hospitals cannot afford too many B.sc nursing rather they go for RN or learned nurses who start very low and are as good or even better than the RN/B.sc nursing.

Note as a b.sc nurse, you have RN (registered nurse qualified to practise) and normal b.sc(which means you are fit to teach.)

B.sc nursing starting salary in public hospitals is 120k(least) compared to learned nurse and RN of 10k or 20k and 40-60k respectively in NIGERIA not abroad.

And if you are a male Nurse, ask them any where, you are regarded as a doctor. Especially here Nigeria and get more job offers in EU or Us than the female.

1 Like

Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by pacretus(m): 12:02am On Jul 01, 2019
arinzos:

I understand your point.but is there anywhere that Nurses are needed and they specifically stated Male Nurse?
Or you are just doing "Hear say"
yes I have seen but guess what, they had to employ a female bcuz no male Nurse came. Why? They are scarce. Why? Female dominated profession .Why? Little awareness.

But trust me 10years from now the ratio of female to male Nurse might become 70:30
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by pacretus(m): 12:07am On Jul 01, 2019
Sorry for Nursing it is B.Nsc not B.sc
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by arinzos(m): 3:56am On Jul 01, 2019
Shila16:
Same way i was adviced to choose Nursing,i stood my ground that i wanted MLS.
Just go for what will make you happy.
Fulfilment is the watchword.Money will come surely.
Nursing and MLS are Lucrative outside the country.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by arinzos(m): 3:57am On Jul 01, 2019
pacretus:
don't be such a dičķ head.
Many private hospitals are owned by male nurses here in Nigeria. And you may never know.
You're Kidding.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by arinzos(m): 4:12am On Jul 01, 2019
pacretus:
bro. Public and private hospitals cannot afford too many B.sc nursing rather they go for RN or learned nurses who start very low and are as good or even better than the RN/B.sc nursing.

Note as a b.sc nurse, you have RN (registered nurse qualified to practise) and normal b.sc(which means you are fit to teach.)

B.sc nursing starting salary in public hospitals is 120k(least) compared to learned nurse and RN of 10k or 20k and 40-60k respectively in NIGERIA not abroad.

And if you are a male Nurse, ask them any where, you are regarded as a doctor. Especially here Nigeria and get more job offers in EU or Us than the female.
Your First Line of thought is wrong.
RN are not better than B.NSc. RN might get job easily due to Low bargaining power but when it comes to Nursing practice B.NSc trumps RN anytime.

[s]And if you are a male Nurse, ask them any where, you are regarded as a doctor[/s]

Is there any Advantage attached to it?
This is one reason why Doctors feel Everyother Health Professional is a Doctor Reject.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by pacretus(m): 5:52am On Jul 01, 2019
arinzos:

You're Kidding.
Ok.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by pacretus(m): 6:02am On Jul 01, 2019
arinzos:

Your First Line of thought is wrong.
RN are not better than B.NSc. RN might get job easily due to Low bargaining power but when it comes to Nursing practice B.NSc trumps RN anytime.

[s]And if you are a male Nurse, ask them any where, you are regarded as a doctor[/s]

Is there any Advantage attached to it?
This is one reason why Doctors feel Everyother Health Professional is a Doctor Reject.
you are not a nurse so please argue with sense.

The question was, why should/why are male nurses preferred to female nurses. That's my answer to that.
Secondly, male nurses can handle more stress than the females.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by arinzos(m): 6:55am On Jul 01, 2019
pacretus:
you are not a nurse so please argue with sense.

The question was, why should/why are male nurses preferred to female nurses. That's my answer to that.
Secondly, male nurses can handle more stress than the females.
Alright.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Shila16: 6:56am On Jul 01, 2019
pacretus:

Regarded as a doctor? I don't care about that one at all.A nurse Is a nurse simple.I hope I make the right choice cos a lot of pressure dey house like this based on this course stuff
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by redeyes2016(m): 10:53pm On Jul 02, 2019
Shila16:
Am a prospective student boss, glad to meet you. Abeg which level you dey
200level, we hope to see you soon.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by redeyes2016(m): 11:05pm On Jul 02, 2019
Surprisingly, lot of prospective students had to choose between nursing and Mls before settling for Mls at most cases. Why is that?
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by arinzos(m): 2:59am On Jul 03, 2019
redeyes2016:
Surprisingly, lot of prospective students had to choose between nursing and Mls before settling for Mls at most cases. Why is that?
Choice.
Most times too,Nurses don't usually tell Aspiring students what the Nursing profession is all about.What to expect in school and after school.what is obtainable with B.NSc/RN certificate.
But MLS has it all over this platform.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by huslerr(m): 5:12am On Jul 03, 2019
Please, I'd like to know if a graduate of Zoology can do a masters in nursing?
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by redeyes2016(m): 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2019
arinzos:

Choice.
Most times too,Nurses don't usually tell Aspiring students what the Nursing profession is all about.What to expect in school and after school.what is obtainable with B.NSc/RN certificate.
But MLS has it all over this platform.
I guess that's true
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 09, 2019
thesicilian:

I have never and may never employ a male nurse. Don't ask me why cos I don't think I even know.
All I know is females are more favored than males in the nursing profession.

Go for MLS bro, the pay is higher and if you know your way there are plenty opportunities career wise.
who needs your crude employment? in your human abatoir called clinic? nonsense, a crude physician you are. we chilling all the way to the abroad, you being crude in Nigeria. Imagine, employ. the audacity
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 09, 2019
Shila16:
Are you overseas? Besides I dunno if I have intention of travelling out dats D more reason I don't really like Nursing because I get 2 work under someone.I like being independent
nursing is independent. you are not a slave that you are made to belive you are. you do not need to work under anyone. Yea, MLS, pharmacy can be a boss. you can be ur own boss in ur own Nursing home too. but these fools call doctors do not even want anyone to be on his own. if possible, they would want to own labs, pharmacies and nursing home but the fight is won already
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 09, 2019
arinzos:

All i am saying is,there is no special treatment given to any Male Nurse.
Any Higher Institution wants qualified personnels. What Higher Institution needs is a Nurse with B.NSc,MSc and PhD irrespective of Gender.
This your "Male Nurse" is in high demand is just Nonsense to me.
No offence.
not nonsense, it is a fact. o3 universities are fighting over our male nurses lecturers. these lecturers have their own nursing homes o, and they also get paid in all those universities. If you have low self esteem, stay out. especially if u wanted medicine before. me o, i never wanted medicine or anything sef, but I love the Nursing I am doing and my esteem is high as fvvvvck.

1 Like

Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 09, 2019
ayox1:
death trap if you go to some schools. those ones are wicked and pharmacy is the toughest course on earth. ask the graduates or those who studuied pharmacy and later went for Medicine.
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 09, 2019
Shila16:
lmao. this one thinks nursing is childs play. u think u wld not think. try to even gain the admission 1st na and see what's up.
My honest opinion, if you love chemistry and sciences like ad, go for MLS. if you are caring and compasionate, can endure stress without giving up go for nursing. Nursing ia not there in Nigeria, cos it is female dominated and u knw females na, somewahat backward. the few males are making the profession turn around and in few years, we will get there. more males are needed to join. so tell ur friends who loved nursing to come, they are needed.

1 Like

Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 09, 2019
pacretus:

who will pay u 120? usually start with 80. and forget the crap about RN better than BNSc. it is all bullshit. go for ur BNsc straight up. instead of apending 5years in Nursing schl and now start uni in 200level, making 9years to get a degree. u wld always learn on d job and that is why we have internship. mbbs guys did their degree in uni, and dey knw nothing practicall until ey go for housemanship. that is d purpose of internship

1 Like

Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 09, 2019
arinzos:

You're Kidding.
some of them are not registered nurses tho. they are quacks and call themselves doctors. even male registered nurses are called doctors, no matter how much u correct them, they dont wanna knw, society will always call u doctor. even if ur a cleaner and a male, u be hearing, doctor doctor. doctor
Re: Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 09, 2019
huslerr:
Please, I'd like to know if a graduate of Zoology can do a masters in nursing?
in UK but not in nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hostel Named After Firdausi Amasa At Islamic Leadership Academy, Kuje / Is Unilag Any Better Than Covenant University? / 2016 Unn Post Utme Date And Jamb Cut-off Mark For Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.