Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study (7154 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? / Between Nursing And Medical Laboratory Science / 21 Universities That Offer Medical Laboratory Science In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by success29584: 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
I prefer MLS, tho i don't know much about it. But some people told me that nursing see jobs easily.
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2020
Just go for NURSING with the SPEED OF LIGHT, that's if you have plans of leaving Nigeria for Greener Pastures elsewhere.

However, if no PLANS OF LEAVING, then stick to PHARMACY
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by 125diCalcitriol: 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Just go for NURSING with the SPEED OF LIGHT, that's of you have plans of leaving Nigeria for Greener Pastures elsewhere.

However, if no PLANS OF LEAVING, then stick to PHARMACY

Complete it na....

However, if no PLANS OF LEAVING, then stick to PHARMACY... If he has d plan of competing with road side chemists..

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:57pm On Mar 19, 2020
I chose medical laboratory science. The fact is based on what you love. Do you love talking and attending to people? Then nursing is good but do you like brain storming then laboratory science is good. Laboratory science is broader than nursing. Your interest determines what you want. As for pharmacology do you love chemistry and intense brain storming, then pharmacology will suit you
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by Muna4real(f): 12:25am On Mar 20, 2020
Nursing of course.
My profession

Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by success29584: 7:26am On Mar 20, 2020
Zeeknow3245:
I chose medical laboratory science. The fact is based on what you love. Do you love talking and attending to people? Then nursing is good but do you like brain storming then laboratory science is good. Laboratory science is broader than nursing. Your interest determines what you want. As for pharmacology do you love chemistry and intense brain storming, then pharmacology will suit you

Thanks
Honestly, i prefer MLS
But my parents are saying that nursing see job easily. They don't like the idea of me studying MLS
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:28am On Mar 20, 2020
success29584:

Thanks
Honestly, i prefer MLS
But my parents are saying that nursing see job easily. They don't like the idea of me studying MLS
Don't compare them I am an aspirant for med lab it is a broad field. Are you a female and also what is your jamb score
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by success29584: 7:32am On Mar 20, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

Don't compare them I am an aspirant for med lab it is a broad field. Are you a female and also what is your jamb score

I'm a female
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:40am On Mar 20, 2020
success29584:

I'm a female
I got 285 male. Nursing will be better but is it what you like? Med lab also have jobs don't let anyone discourage you oo
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by success29584: 7:43am On Mar 20, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

I got 285 male. Nursing will be better but is it what you like? Med lab also have jobs don't let anyone discourage you oo
Okay
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by Young042galaxy: 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2020
Follow your heart and do what you love.
Don't let your family dictate for you cos you might end up regretting forever.
For Easy job, easy chance of migrating to any country and the joy of looking into patients eyes and share in their joy, sadness and comfort them, then Nursing science got you covered.
Medlab is a nice medical course with great job opportunities but nursing is far ahead of it especially outside this country,
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by Unigrad: 7:54pm On Mar 21, 2020
I studied MLS, I'm currently doing my masters in MLS too.
I think you should read the work description of the various professions.
The truth is, all are peculiar in their own ways.
Currently now, MLS and Pharmacy starts as Cohess 8 for internship and cohess 9 as a starter in federal and state jobs.
Nursing is cohess 7 as interns and Cohess 8 as a starter in federal and state hospitals., maybe things will change before you graduate.
Follow what you love to do.
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by Young042galaxy: 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2020
Unigrad:
I studied MLS, I'm currently doing my masters in MLS too.
I think you should read the work description of the various professions.
The truth is, all are peculiar in their own ways.
Currently now, MLS and Pharmacy starts as Cohess 8 for internship and cohess 9 as a starter in federal and state jobs.
Nursing is cohess 7 as interns and Cohess 8 as a starter in federal and state hospitals., maybe things will change before you graduate.
Follow what you love to do.
You lied bro.
Nursing internship salary – CONHESS 8

Step 3 (Grade level 9 Step 3)

• After NYSC/ career entry point – CONHESS 9 Step 3 (Grade level 10 Step 3).

1 Like

Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by samuelpeters(m): 11:48pm On Sep 22, 2020
success29584:
I prefer MLS, tho i don't know much about it. But some people told me that nursing see jobs easily.
Go for the one you Love.
Check what each one can give you within and outside the country.
For now, just leave Pharmacology out of it.That one is story for another day.
Nursing and MLS are good both in Nigeria and outside. Though getting a job as a Nurse is way easier, since becoming a Nurse too is easier than MLS that requires you to be very good in Biology, chemistry and Mathematics.
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by Freesia20(f): 3:29am On Sep 23, 2020
Young042galaxy:

You lied bro.
Nursing internship salary – CONHESS 8

Step 3 (Grade level 9 Step 3)

• After NYSC/ career entry point – CONHESS 9 Step 3 (Grade level 10 Step 3).

This was the proposed grade level when nursing internship started but as of today, Nursing internship salary - CONHESS 7 (Grade level 8 )
After NYSC /CAREER ENTRY POINT - CONHESS 8 (Grade level 9 )

I'm a practicing nurse.

For the poster, both nursing and mls is good, but just follow what you love more in order not to get frustrated during school. Both training are rigorous and comprehensive.... If you have plans of leaving Nigeria I'll advise you go for nursing.
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by vhuqnl(m): 8:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
always talking rubbish. mtchew
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by IQvectors: 9:35am On Apr 03, 2021
I suggest you research on those courses(google is your friend) And stop letting people chose for you. It okay to take their advise but it not okay when you don't verify with google if that what really good for you.

Just know that there are people out there who regret opting for a course they accepted based on "advise". Advise are good but anybody that gives you advise gives you based on his point of view which is half good.

Note: Nobody knows you in this life "better" than you do. Take advise but verify within your self if it the best advise.

Thank you.
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:51am On Apr 03, 2021
vhuqnl:

always talking rubbish. mtchew
This quote is a light years before I even chose Veterinary. You digging into post won't make you a Doctor Nurse vhunql oo
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by vhuqnl(m): 12:49pm On Apr 03, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

This quote is a light years before I even chose Veterinary. You digging into post won't make you a Doctor Nurse vhunql oo
you are just a kid and u make me laugh. grow up
Re: Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study by Zeeknow3245(m): 2:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
vhuqnl:

you are just a kid and u make me laugh. grow up
gringrin and you an Adult? I see all your posts on Nairaland very very typical of a Delusionist. gringrin. Vhunql just play your role and act matured. So much for being matured uhn?grin

(1) (Reply)

Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? / Ambode Approves N380m For Bursary, Scholarship / Solutions To Examination Malpractice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.