Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,354 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Can You Eat Reptiles? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can You Eat Reptiles? (3724 Views)

Scary: Which Of These Would You Eat For #50,000? / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Romantic Or Scary? Would You Eat This (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Eat Reptiles? by neejah1(m): 5:32pm On May 09, 2007
HEY NAIRALANDERS I WANT UR RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION, CAN YOU EAT REPTILE LIKE SANKES AND ALIGATORS OR EVEN TORTOISE? smiley smiley
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by tEsLim(m): 10:19am On May 13, 2007
Well prepared crocodile is aight. Plus I missed the first attempt to eat a snake in a friends house. My brother said it was cool.

But I think the bible is against eating creepy things.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by iice(f): 10:37am On May 13, 2007
Nah don't think i can ooooo. Am not that adventurous with food ooo
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by awoof(m): 11:49am On May 13, 2007
i have eaten snake meat (boa) before wink, the meat is just like fish and it was very sweet. I know people eat crocordile pepper soup in lagos and they say a plate costs up to N1000.00. you can even get a live one in one fish market in Epe waterside
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by ikamefa(f): 5:40am On May 16, 2007
why not if not

have eaten a snake before its very sweet tastes like fish

yes to crocodiles/alligators too

tortoise no but if you cook am wella i go chop grin grin grin grin

all na nutrients for bodi! " grin "
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by awoof(m): 8:44am On May 16, 2007
tortoise ke :oeven if i am dreaming about eating it i will wake up and cut that dream quick grin grin grin
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by efuah(f): 11:04am On May 18, 2007
shocked shocked shocked snake!! shocked God!
reptiles prrrrrrrbbbbbbbbbbbbb
vomit vomit vomit
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by minute(f): 8:52pm On May 25, 2007
as long as its prepared in my presence,why not.
yeah i once tasted dried snake,was good.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by Sharn06: 9:46pm On May 25, 2007
Olorun ma je! Snake? No bi mi. I no go chop nonsense for my life.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by Sharn06: 9:47pm On May 25, 2007
Olorun ma je! Snake? No bi mi. I no go chop nonsense for my life.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by awoof(m): 4:41am On May 26, 2007
minute:

as long as its prepared in my presence,why not.
yeah i once tasted dried snake,was good.

where undecidedwas it in Maryland Lagos or Maryland US cheesy grin grin
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by obonyunmi(f): 4:47am On May 26, 2007
yes - e.g. penis.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by Maleeq(m): 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2007
@obo_nyunmi

Ha ha ha!

@Topic

I once ate "sumtin" that looked like a "smoked snake" while I was still in the university. But my friends keep telling me it was fish. I could bet one of my nuts that it was a snake. Whatever it was, it tasted good sha.

I still love to try it out.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by AlRaheem(m): 8:56pm On Jun 13, 2007
Stop eatin sick and detestable things:

Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by AlRaheem(m): 4:13pm On Jun 16, 2007
Those frog or toads in Naija, y'all  4got huh?  Do they taste like combination fish and chicken? I'll never eat one again. 4GIVE ME LORD
Eron igbe
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2007
@topic
even if God says do not call what i have created unclean, there are just certain things i cannot try. it disgusts me.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by Zandra1(f): 1:15am On Aug 16, 2007
It feels weird when I see people saying they've eaten snakes before. I heard fried alligator tastes like chicken wings but am yet to eat it. Recently, at a Chinese restaurant I saw frog legs as one of the foods on the menu and when I saw some people eating it I almost threw up in my mouth but I guess its a special delicacy to the people eating it so its all good.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 17, 2007
The snake tasted great in the Efo elegusi. I once ate some fried croc with my garri.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by buffead(f): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2007
am gonna throw up snake no wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol shocked shocked shocked its unbelievable how some ppl could eat such things ewwwww yurk! shocked
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by NaJaHaJe(f): 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2007
I dont think I can eat anything that would give me nightmares. NOWAY!!!!!!

but imagine french kissing ya man before he tells you he just yamed a bowl of assorted snake and crocodille meat??
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by Oracle(m): 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2007
I really don't wanna think about it, i hate reptiles but I must admit that I have eaten Snake meat before. It really was a mistake.
My uncle was helping himself with the meat, he invited me to join him. I asked him what he was eating and he refused to tell me.
It was so appetizing and it was going down, I had no choice but to dig in. After consuming the wonderful meat, my uncle announced to me that i was now a proud snake eater.
I didn't feel Good about that and I even got upset with him but I must admit that the meat was so damn delicious
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by sukieboy(f): 6:07pm On Dec 10, 2007
Yeah, there is nothing wrong about that. I have eaten Aligator before and would still do if I see one.
But for Snakes , No way.
Tortoise is equally a palatable meat to salvor.
Just try Aligator
You will like it
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by tomX1(m): 12:16am On Dec 17, 2007
I've tried snake, crocodile and monitor lizard and they rank among the tastiest meats I've tried ever. It's ussualy creepy to even think of it until you actualy try it then you just love it.

If you are not the adventurous type it's understand able that you may not flow. However I intend to tryout as many exotic meats as possible in my life time.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by yimiton(f): 10:55am On Dec 18, 2007
No, doesn't sound nice to me.

I may consider crocodile but definitely not tortoise or snakes.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by aristole(m): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2008
Me? I cant eat them (reptiles)
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by baby4u2(f): 4:29am On Jan 11, 2008
how come most of us are only talking about snake. or bush meat is not reptile too? or is it?
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by lailai2(m): 2:40am On Jan 12, 2008
mehn i can't eat it if i was aware that it was served to me

i dont tink bush meat can be considered as reptiles, they are not as crude
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by cooljoe(m): 10:41am On Jan 12, 2008
No, a big N and a liittle o.
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by mi3(f): 4:48pm On May 10, 2008
nope, no reptiles for me, it is er, a taboo in my village
:p LMAO, seriously tho, my father told me not to try it!!, or crocodile will chop me!! tonguetongue
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by mohawkchic(f): 8:24pm On May 10, 2008

~Hell To The N. . . . O ~ NoOoooo Thanks  grin
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:14am On May 12, 2008
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, , . . . . . . no can do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: Can You Eat Reptiles? by elizabetta(f): 9:53am On May 16, 2008
I tasted tortoise but didn't like it much, i can also eat crocodile,but not tasted it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coleslaw / One World Religion Headquarters To Open 2022 / 'soaked Garri' And Mango Myth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.