Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria (46391 Views)

Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). / Oyan, A Nigerian Town With People In All Countries Of The World / Any Peaceful Town/village With Good Electricity Supply? I'm Tired Of Noise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by incogni2o: 3:13am On Jul 01, 2019
Flipmac:

Him just enter bush go find snake for Sunday pepper soup.

Please guys I need your suggestions. Even if it's a village, mention it. I'm tired of buying fuel.

I wanted to say inverter. Buti remembered it has its own challenges.

Have you tried it?
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Slikbae: 3:21am On Jul 01, 2019
Pls shut up and stop mongering fear.
I was born and raised in PH and have never experienced security issues. Stop confusing the entirety of Rivers State with PH. There is no where in PH or even Rivers State where people carry guns about. The only violent place in Rivers is Omoku and even that issue is blown out of proportion because my sister is a lawyer who regularly visits the court there and has never witnessed crisis. I also know a pastor who lives peacefully there with his family of 8. Stop saying trash please.

Also, Woji has 24/7 light without interruption (except when it rains) and security is top notch.
hannahwealth:
Chai i feel sorry for Rivers State I was going through the post and I doubt if up to 5 people recommended Rivers State in terms of constant power supply. Anyways op whatever you want to consider even if you want to settle in Rivers State goto places like Igbo ETCHE I heard they have constant light because of the Afam power plant or Igwuruta but make sure you make enquiries before you rent any house cos of insecurity cos a small boy of 15years can move around comfortably with gun in PH without any fear. This days once is 7pm I stay Indoors.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Slikbae: 3:22am On Jul 01, 2019
Please what service do you render on Fiverr?
TRCdesigns:
Omu Aran here in kwara state is the best place for you, you will get a decent self con around 50-100k and light dey steady here, I am also a freelancer working on fiverr.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Slikbae: 3:30am On Jul 01, 2019
Best contribution so far.
lexi28:

hi, my suggestion.
buy a small laptop power bank (comes with 300w inverter), it costs between 35-40k. buy a 150w panel, costs less than 30k. connect both together. both are available from various vendors on jiji.

if you have like 6hrs of PHCN supply per day where you are presently, you are okay. the Powerbank will charge via PHCN and also with the solar panel.

you can buy LED bulbs, 2nos of 3w LED (like #450/pc) should be okay for lighting. a fully charged power bank will run your laptop for at least 8hrs. you can use the power bank while its charging from the solar panel.

this is cheaper than your costs of relocation. and whenever you do decide to relocate, these stuff are portable and easy to transport.

Godspeed.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by happydays1(m): 4:41am On Jul 01, 2019
Flipmac:

Him just enter bush go find snake for Sunday pepper soup.

Please guys I need your suggestions. Even if it's a village, mention it. I'm tired of buying fuel.

Use solar, as cheap as 110k
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by IntrovertedGuru(m): 4:51am On Jul 01, 2019
Flipmac:
Guys please, I need your contributions. I'm hoping on you guys abeg...
Aboh, Okpai , and Beneku all in Delta State has 24 hours electricity
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Aliyuminna(m): 5:24am On Jul 01, 2019
Try Kebbi. Very cheap with decent light supply.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 01, 2019
Slikbae:
Damn. That's super nice. Didn't know they mined cryptos in Nigeria.

Try Woji Estate in Port Harcourt. Electricity is 24/7 all day everyday and it's very very safe too.

i already have a rig in agip estate
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by kbzee11(m): 6:06am On Jul 01, 2019
Flipmac:
Good day guys,
I work online as a freelancer on fiverr. I'm currently seeking a cheap town or place in Nigeria that I can get good supply of electricity (at least $12 hours or more). This is to enable me do online jobs and cut cost of buying petrol.
I would prefer somewhere cheap where I can get a decent self contain accommodation for around 70k. Also, I would like a place that has good security.

There's an old thread similar to this opened by a freelancer a few years ago but sadly I can't find it.

Please give me suggestions. I hear oshogbo is good choice.

Any other suggestions? Be as specific as possible. Thanks.

This is were Nigerians should have channel their protesting energy to but they keep on wasting time on irrelevant issues...So there's no place in Nigeria were light supply can last for common 12 hours?...hmmmm
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by wizkidblogger(f): 6:17am On Jul 01, 2019
Welfare quarters, judges quarters, gydado villa in Makurdi Benue state

2 Likes

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by mechanics(m): 6:36am On Jul 01, 2019
To get a good house for the amount won't be that easy, why not go for inverter and stay in a comfortable place to do your business, light generally is not that constant.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by knoor(m): 6:37am On Jul 01, 2019
Ede, osun state... try it and you won't regret it
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Alexis1899(m): 6:38am On Jul 01, 2019
Oru ijebu in Ogun state, 12 hrs light very certain
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by jagro: 6:43am On Jul 01, 2019
shocked shocked
Benekruku:
Diobu, Rivers State

cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin shocked bad guy..
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by BoboKush(m): 6:45am On Jul 01, 2019
Slikbae:
Pls shut up and stop mongering fear.
I was born and raised in PH and have never experienced security issues. Stop confusing the entirety of Rivers State with PH. There is no where in PH or even Rivers State where people carry guns about. The only violent place in Rivers is Omoku and even that issue is blown out of proportion because my sister is a lawyer who regularly visits the court there and has never witnessed crisis. I also know a pastor who lives peacefully there with his family of 8. Stop saying trash please.

Also, Woji has 24/7 light without interruption (except when it rains) and security is top notch.

What he said is truth port Harcourt was never a safe place..... Yes young boys carry guns around
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by alabi484(m): 6:47am On Jul 01, 2019
I know you'd be scared op, but come to jos...normal phcn is 15 hours and above...nesco is 24 hours, like, it never blinks...jos is actually very peaceful, forget what you hear in the media.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Hadampson(m): 7:02am On Jul 01, 2019
lexi28:

hadampson,

hi. do you stay in the area?

No but i visited a friend there for two weeks and i can say it with confidence that electricity is constant in Amoyo. 24 hours everyday
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Kujo(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2019
Try agbara area along badagry expressway or the neighboring towns around there, light is not a problem here as it an industrial area but for the self contained just budget 100k a year.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 01, 2019
Flipmac:

Thanks.
But I'm from bayelsa though so I don't speak yoruba. Do you think language would be a barrier?

Send me a pm. Will love to help a nairalander. Make up your mind to stay in Ibadan first!
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Cyberleets: 7:15am On Jul 01, 2019
partnerbizz5:

Where in nnewi?

Are there sef cons there?

Ofcos there are selfcon

Just find ur house near all these factory in nnewi...nepa gives them light specially so u will get to enjoy it.

I have seen 24hrs once there.. I think they only take the light to cool of the transformers cos they bring it after max of 1-2 hrs

Except in a case where they is heavy rain..then they might take longer to bring it...it's everywhere in nigeria tho
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Breezysdesign: 7:18am On Jul 01, 2019
Flipmac:

Thanks.
But I'm from bayelsa though so I don't speak yoruba. Do you think language would be a barrier?

@ Op I am a bayelsan, I don't know where you are resident in, but there are lot of places in bayelsan that has constant power supply, though it mostly villages and rentage is cheap too.
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by yourdj2(m): 7:25am On Jul 01, 2019
Guy come to Adamawa state....and u will experience good electricity 24/7.......u can get accommodation at prize of 30k annually...
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 01, 2019
Go to NEPA office
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by TRCdesigns: 7:29am On Jul 01, 2019
Slikbae:
Please what service do you render on Fiverr?
social media marketing
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by lekankolade(m): 7:32am On Jul 01, 2019
Profwriter:

I am interested

Oya hit me

Zero seven zero thirty one seventeen ninety seven thirty
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by lekankolade(m): 7:35am On Jul 01, 2019
Kirchhoff01:

Are you for real?

Am an estate surveyor and valuer , property is what am into ... am for real if u are ready .... we can get u your budget apartment anywhere in those areas I mentioned... or anywhere in Abuja and it’s environ

Office at DBM plaza, wuse zone 1
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by lekankolade(m): 7:37am On Jul 01, 2019
olatade:

bros, there's no stable light in lugbe.

That means you don’t know lugbe..... I stay in lugbe so I know what am saying
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Omihanifa: 7:39am On Jul 01, 2019
Abujapropertyag:
You can get a fair selfcon accommodation with good light at Kagini and Lugbe in Abuja, FCT. Budget 100k..

Kagini light no good again nah and am sure you know he can't see any good sef contain for 100k close to the road and the place is no longer secured like before

There are thieves everywhere

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by lekankolade(m): 7:41am On Jul 01, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Move to Christland, Ayeyemi, Yaba area Ondo, Ondo state. Thank me later. 22 hours of electricity and my house rent is 170 for my 3 bedroom duplex. One room or self cont goes for 45k.
There is even power now. cool

170k for 3bedroom Duplex?

Omo, dat landlord just dashed u people the house shocked shocked
Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by Iyajelili(f): 7:48am On Jul 01, 2019
touchplay:
kinda 16hours+ u get a day in birnin kebbi,but when it rains(july-august) ,you wait 5 hours for wire to dry before they bring it back. but the heat there from march through june na die,can go up to 42°.you gaz buy a/c.

I stayed there some years back and it was 15hours light a day. You are right about the sun(5naira to hell fire )

1 Like

Re: Seeking A Cheap Town With Good Electricity Supply In Nigeria by fowlyansh181(m): 7:56am On Jul 01, 2019
lekankolade:
Come to Abuja, I can get u a self contain of 80k to 150k in areas like lugbe ( federal housing, car wash or Berger ), mpape, dutse and other suburbs...there’s stable light in these areas ...
what about a flat of 150 to 200k ? Is it possible in those area?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Who Knows This Bus Conductor That Died Along Ikorodu Sagamu Road? (Disturbing) / My Visa Denial Experience: What You Should Avoid / Oguta Lake: Two Angry Rivers Flow Without Ever Coming Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.