Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,836 members, 7,820,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State (11954 Views)

Sunday Effiong Who Raided Police Station & Carted Away Rifles In Edo Arrested / Owerri Bank Robbery: Pastor Arrested By Police For Keeping Rifles In Church / Customs Seizes 1,100 Pump Action Rifles In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by GistMore11: 1:00am On Jul 01, 2019
GistMore.com

216 rifles mostly AK-47 have been recovered by the Zamfara Government from bandits terrorizing residents.

In a statement by Yusuf Idris, Director-General, Press Affairs to Gov. Bello Matawalle on Sunday said the governor made the revelation when he received former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon at the Government House, Gusau on Saturday.

The statement said that most of the weapons were voluntarily returned to the government by repentant bandits who surrendered to embrace peace while denouncing their bad ways. The governor described the elder statesman’s visit to the state as timely and sought for advice from the retired general on the best ways to end banditry in the state.

“Matawalle maintained that Nigeria now needs more of his personality with the current situation of banditry, kidnapping and other heinous crimes in order to advise current leaders in handling the terrible situation.

He further said that tapping from the wealth of Gowon’s experience as a former Army General and Head of State who fought for the corporate existence of the country will assist his administration positively on security intelligence and intervention.

“On his government efforts to end the menace of armed banditry, the Governor informed the leader that his administration has adopted various methods that include reconciliation which have started to yield positive results as over 216 AK47 rifles have been surrendered to the authorities by surrendering bandits,” the statement said.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/bandits-surrender-216-rifles-in-zamfara-state

1 Like

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by Auxtin85(m): 5:19am On Jul 01, 2019
They only surrendered AK-47 they don’t need anymore, Fulani terrorist never repent

17 Likes

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by Auxtin85(m): 5:19am On Jul 01, 2019
GistMore11:
kiss

You still take FTC for your post, who you reserve am for?

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by YorubaWarrior: 5:47am On Jul 01, 2019
Wawu! cool
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by millionboi2: 5:47am On Jul 01, 2019
Ruga..... hahahaha

With d Ruga saga who no go submit.
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by ofem89(m): 5:48am On Jul 01, 2019
It is well with our country God help n protect his people.
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by anigbajumo(m): 5:51am On Jul 01, 2019
Na wen PDP take over the state government them surrendered their weapon.... undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by AngelHoly(m): 5:51am On Jul 01, 2019
Lemme start with happy new month

216 riffles.....how do people survive dat Syd abeg

1 Like

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 01, 2019
This accidental PDP governor.

I know zombies are waiting on the sidelines to mock his failure but I pray he performs beyond expectations.

PDP remains our best alternative.

But this "Mattawale" keeps sounding like a Yoruba name to me.

8 Likes

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by 3rdavefarms(m): 5:56am On Jul 01, 2019
Ok let watchout
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by FAMILYJA(f): 6:02am On Jul 01, 2019
Where did all these weapons come from?

1 Like

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by nnokwa042(m): 6:03am On Jul 01, 2019
If they like let them return apache helicopters or dushka anticraft guns that one na their problem for north, our problem na for SS and SE is how to leave Nigeria for them fulani and Yoruba Muslim angryso they can enjoy their RUGA

4 Likes

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by adetes: 6:04am On Jul 01, 2019
Local gun made, the real gun are still at large

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by braveboy64(m): 6:20am On Jul 01, 2019
AMNESTY LOADING
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by Omoboricash(m): 6:28am On Jul 01, 2019
Awol1:
This accidental PDP governor.

I know zombies are waiting on the sidelines to mock his failure but I pray he performs beyond expectations.

PDP remains our best alternative.

But this "Mattawale" keeps sounding like a Yoruba name to me.
PDP alternative? I'm sure you're on six bottle when u type this statement. We found ourself in this mess because of 16 years of pdp ruling. No power, no road, our infrastructures at comatose. If APC could not give us what we want pdp is not an alternative

3 Likes

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by helinues: 6:37am On Jul 01, 2019
After wasting how many souls?
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by Quorax: 6:44am On Jul 01, 2019
AngelHoly:
Lemme start with happy new month

216 riffles.....how do people survive dat Syd abeg
my brother e get one business wey I for like to use North accomplish but man, I cherish my life. Fooorkkk money
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by omocalabar(m): 6:45am On Jul 01, 2019
They have upgraded to grenade....Ekiti is in trouble
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by MrBONE2(m): 6:53am On Jul 01, 2019
GistMore11:
GistMore.com

216 rifles mostly AK-47 have been recovered by the Zamfara Government from bandits terrorizing residents.

In a statement by Yusuf Idris, Director-General, Press Affairs to Gov. Bello Matawalle on Sunday said the governor made the revelation when he received former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon at the Government House, Gusau on Saturday.

The statement said that most of the weapons were voluntarily returned to the government by repentant bandits who surrendered to embrace peace while denouncing their bad ways. The governor described the elder statesman’s visit to the state as timely and sought for advice from the retired general on the best ways to end banditry in the state.

“Matawalle maintained that Nigeria now needs more of his personality with the current situation of banditry, kidnapping and other heinous crimes in order to advise current leaders in handling the terrible situation.

He further said that tapping from the wealth of Gowon’s experience as a former Army General and Head of State who fought for the corporate existence of the country will assist his administration positively on security intelligence and intervention.

“On his government efforts to end the menace of armed banditry, the Governor informed the leader that his administration has adopted various methods that include reconciliation which have started to yield positive results as over 216 AK47 rifles have been surrendered to the authorities by surrendering bandits,” the statement said.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/bandits-surrender-216-rifles-in-zamfara-state

cheesy

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by SammyTJack: 7:16am On Jul 01, 2019
You can imagine how many people have lost their lives by the mouth of one of those rifles
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by NotComplaining: 7:35am On Jul 01, 2019
The whole fracas resembles a plan to make ruga settlements favorable in the eyes of victimised host communities.

Everything points to Buharis presidency. The effrontery of peasant nomads to go about harrassing communities they were long at peace with points in the direction of a grand plan to Fulanize parts of the nation either for political leverage or miltary subversion.

Buhari should quit playing innocent, he is definitely the chief conspirator. This is why he would allow distractive decadent trash like bbn to fill the airways and be pushing for a total Fulani emirate under the nose of the masses.
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by TANID(m): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2019
Good!
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by Blackfire(m): 7:40am On Jul 01, 2019
Nigeria belongs to the North....

Argue with there AK-47
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by pawesome(m): 7:43am On Jul 01, 2019
Simple
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by abuannur: 8:39am On Jul 01, 2019
GistMore11:
GistMore.com

Not only submission of weapons should be done. A lot of questions need to be asked,who bought them? who gave them those weapons? There sponsors must be prosecuted
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by JusticeSeeker: 8:45am On Jul 01, 2019
Is it these Dane guns that are AK - 47 riffles? PDP's propaganda is too much. Go for the bandits and stop this kind of propagandist game.
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by yomislim: 8:51am On Jul 01, 2019
Quorax:
my brother e get one business wey I for like to use North accomplish but man, I cherish my life. Fooorkkk money
boss, let's relate... Please drop me your email or hit me on adebowen4@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by Quorax: 9:07am On Jul 01, 2019
yomislim:
boss, let's relate... Please drop me your email or hit me on adebowen4@gmail.com
okay bro. I will write your email down.
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by Patrioticman007(m): 9:23am On Jul 01, 2019
Quorax:

What's the business ?
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by nasirujj(m): 10:26am On Jul 01, 2019
Riffles or local gun, this ones are not riffles but awka made guns, click like if you were expecting to see AK47
Re: Bandits Surrender 216 Rifles In Zamfara State by nasirujj(m): 10:26am On Jul 01, 2019
Riffles or local gun, this ones are not riffles but awka made guns, click like if you were expecting to see AK47

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okwale Community In Rivers State Invaded By Gunmen, 5 Persons Killed - Photos / Suspects Confess To Snatching And Selling Children In Osisioma Area Of Abia / Ogun Teenager, Minor Arrested For Kidnapping Nine-month-old Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.