Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

Fela The Musical! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Fela The Musical! (575 Views)

Which Of The Musical Instruments Do You Love Playing Or Listening To / Rebel, Radical, Icon - Remembering Fela, The True Article / Fela The Musical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fela The Musical! by ElRazur: 8:43am On Oct 08, 2010
Okay, I barely waste my money to go watch this new generation of so called "Artists" that come over here. They bore me and in most cases lack talent in my opinion. (Yeah sue me).

Anyway, Fela's work is now turned into a musical and me I don book my ticket sha. The show had excellent reviews in yankee and it is supported by Jada Smith and Jay Z (At least these people appreciate real taste and real music)

Tickets range from £10 - £50. Personally, I will advice people to shy away from the £10 tickets lol. The lay out of the theatre hall means you will be sitting at the back in an awkward position.

Here is the link to the show (See below). Please have a look at the video clips too, it surely looks awesome and will be a night to remember.

The Musical captures the life, story, music and talents of fela, plus more. If the critics in big news papers are giving it a thumps-up, then it is worth watching in my opinion. I read that Femi-Kuti cried after watching the show, and he admitted it captures exactly how his father performed back in the day. 

http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/felalondon/

Read more here

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/article-23884789-music-is-the-weapon-for-fela.do
Re: Fela The Musical! by Gamine(f): 12:30am On Oct 10, 2010
Well if this is anything to go by.
It's definitely worth watching, if i could be there, that is.
I wonder why it didn't come to Nigeria first.

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu1GLwkOoyA[/flash]
Re: Fela The Musical! by ElRazur: 8:18am On Oct 11, 2010
From what I can gather, it will be the bomb. A few friend watched it in yankee and they cannot praise it enough. It was that good.

From the videos on the site, it looks even better than the videos you posted.

I think with the whole idea backed by Jay Z, Will smith's wife, Femi-Kuti and Tony allen, it makes sense to have the thing shown in the yankees. It may eventually come to naija, but it will be different acts etc. (Musicals tend to change act as time goes by)
Re: Fela The Musical! by Gamine(f): 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2010
Yeah I have seen videos of the actual play in NY
I only posted that one cause the performance was outside the US (same choreographer though)
and Zombie is usually at the top of my playlist. grin

Its coming to Nigeria definitely(sometime next year) but it sure took long enough!

(1) (Reply)

Enrique Iglesias Heartbeat / Kash-11 Freestyle On Tinnie Tempah -pass Out / Global Gossip: Facebook To Shutdown March 15, 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.