Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,813 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules (1218 Views)

I Need Of Camry Pencil Light / Water Disappearing In Radiator Of Camry 2007 With Oil Found In Radiator / What Kind Of Camry Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 8:52am On Jul 01, 2019
There are times when one has to think outside the box, when faced with some vehicle issues.

Some months ago, the battery of my car was so weak(10V), that it could not start the car.

I had no donor battery from any car readily available, but got some cry hybrid modules which I decided to jump start the car with.

The Camry hybrid modules, were dead, which meant they weren't useful anymore in powering the electric propulsion system.

MODULES SPECIFICATIONS
Each of the pair of modules were nominally 7.2V, and at a capacity of 6.5mA.

Combining these module pairs in series, I got 14.4V, which when paralleled with the weak 12V, would start the car.

Serialized connections of the modules, means that the +ve of one module, is connected to the -ve of the other module, whilst a paralleled connection, meant the remainder of the +ve and -ve of the modules are connected to the positive and negative poles of the 12V battery.

HOW ITS DONE
1. After the serial and parallel connections of the batteries, using jumper cables as above
2. Get a helper to crank the engine, while you ensure the batteries are firmly held.
3. After the engine starts, allowed it to idle for awhile, before putting off, driving away.

Here's a link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtGlXPUBZTrTeUhIZzKyKdQ

PS: if you're not comfortable working around cars, do not attempt this pls.

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo,
Lagos
Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 8:55am On Jul 01, 2019
That's the setup of the batteries with the jump starter cabling.

1 Share

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:09am On Jul 01, 2019
06-08 M35?
Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 9:34am On Jul 01, 2019
05 M45
Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by AutoMoTech(m): 9:53am On Jul 01, 2019
HeavenlyBang:
06-08 M35?
eagles eye. was about asking what model is that infinity with a v8 beast. trygo whats the consumption like?
Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 10:16am On Jul 01, 2019
Consumption?! oh my God you want to start again? I'm joking though.

City traffic, its not cool.

But on long journeys to the east, and North, with AC system on, full tank is #13k.

From Lagos to Lokoja, Kogi state, full tank takes me without topping up.

Lagos to Ibadan, I used only 1/2 tank, to and fro.

I only used the car for my job when going for jobs outside Lagos, etc.

Em, I bought the car first of all, as a project car.

A client of mine sold the car, when it overheated so badly, that the engine could not turn over.

I had to tow the car to the shop, and disassembled, the engine, rebuilt it from scratch, to the way it is right now.

Setting the timing, took me few days to get.

I like the car though.

2 Likes

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by AutoMoTech(m): 10:21am On Jul 01, 2019
TRYGO:
Consumption?! oh my God you want to start again? I'm joking though.

City traffic, its not cool.

But on long journeys to the east, and North, with AC system on, full tank is #13k.

From Lagos to Lokoja, Kogi state, full tank takes me without topping up.

Lagos to Ibadan, I used only 1/2 tank, to and fro.

I only used the car for my job when going for jobs outside Lagos, etc.

Em, I bought the car first of all, as a project car.

A client of mine sold the car, when it overheated so badly, that the engine could not turn over.

I had to tow the car to the shop, and disassembled, the engine, rebuilt it from scratch, to the way it is right now.

Setting the timing, took me few days to get.

I like the car though.

Hahaha oya no vex grin
It sure delivers on long journies... dts good news grin
You did the rebuilding all alone by yourself?

1 Like

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 10:50am On Jul 01, 2019
Yes, rebuilt it myself, with assistance from couple of colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 10:53am On Jul 01, 2019
That's the design calculations.
I got some of the forward voltage and forward current from LED datasheets online.
Some resistors in a polythene bag by the right side of the paper.

1 Like

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 10:55am On Jul 01, 2019
Like I have said in the concluding part of this article, my next project, is on removing all the Infiniti logo on the car, and making them ALL LED driven.
Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 10:56am On Jul 01, 2019
That's the front Infiniti logo

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 10:58am On Jul 01, 2019
Here, I have removed the logo, and have traced and cut through a fretboard, to give me the shape of the stock logo.

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 10:59am On Jul 01, 2019
Had it traced with a permanent marker

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 11:01am On Jul 01, 2019
Trying to fit it in there, if it would fit. It sure did fit well in the car's grill

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 11:02am On Jul 01, 2019
Getting set to bench test it on .y worktable

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 11:05am On Jul 01, 2019
I got it lit up with some DC power source now.
I like the brightness.

This is how it would be at night, when I put on the parking light, or day running lights.

I intend to incorporate a fuse inline the circuit as a separate adds on, asides the parking light switch.

It would be cool if a toggle switch is used for the ON/OFF function.

Everything is just possible with LEDs.

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by thebigkendo(m): 11:09am On Jul 01, 2019
TRYGO:
Here, I have removed the logo, and have traced and cut through a fretboard Breadboard, to give me the shape of the stock logo.

How do you plant to prevent moisture
Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 11:13am On Jul 01, 2019
Those are the LEDs arranged on the fretboard

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by TRYGO(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2019
I intend to get some rectangular see through casing, which I'd modify to that shape.
I'd use some sort of flux or so used on some circuit boards to prevent corrosion of the components.
I'm yet to decide on what type for now.
Pls if you do have an idea, do drop one. I'd really appreciate.

@bigkendo. Thanks for pointing out that error in there.
Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by thebigkendo(m): 12:51pm On Jul 01, 2019
TRYGO:
I intend to get some rectangular see through casing, which I'd modify to that shape.
I'd use some sort of flux or so used on some circuit boards to prevent corrosion of the components.

I'm yet to decide on what type for now.
Pls if you do have an idea, do drop one. I'd really appreciate.

@bigkendo. Thanks for pointing out that error in there.

Interesting
Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:55pm On Jul 01, 2019
I respect ur calculations bros....
You are the real calculus.x

But I'd prefer if those shapes are almost perfectly cut to the desired shape...

Kwantinue..... I'd like to see how it ends.

1 Like

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by alphaNomega: 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2019
TRYGO:
05 M45

Whoa! So much power under that right foot! You must be feeling like Goliath

1 Like

Re: Car Jump Start Using A Pair Of Camry Hybrid Modules by hoodboy(m): 8:00pm On Jul 02, 2019
obekediamondfuto:
I respect ur calculations bros....
You are the real calculus.x

But I'd prefer if those shapes are almost perfectly cut to the desired shape...

Kwantinue..... I'd like to see how it ends.

Try use laser cutting it will givr you perfect shape

(1) (Reply)

My Corolla Not Coming Up After Longer Hours In Traffic / I Need This Parts / Car Window Glasses Wind Up/down Sometimes When Car Is Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.