Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,369 members, 7,857,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 03:57 PM

What Happens To Rent If Landlord Gets Arrested For A Crime - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Happens To Rent If Landlord Gets Arrested For A Crime (320 Views)

Man Who Defiled Sister, Then Asked Her To Frame Another Man, Gets Arrested / Woman Ties Up Her Daughter For Not Sweeping In Anambra, Gets Arrested (Photos) / Yahoo Boy With Police Plate Number On His Benz Gets Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happens To Rent If Landlord Gets Arrested For A Crime by Happiness6063(f): 9:26am On Jul 01, 2019
Hi guys! My Landlord gets arrested for a crime and looking at it If he is guilty, what will happen to us the tenants.
We rented the 3-bedroom apartment last year November 8th and paid for 2years. Just this morning my husband and my co-tenant husband were arrested as they couldn't find the landlord, although when we called him he said he has travelled, the policemen collected his number and they were asked to write down a statement. We don't even know where he lives, we only paid through his lawyer.
Just in case he is guilty of his crime, what will happen to our rent? Has anyone ever gone through this?
Permit any grammatical errors please
Re: What Happens To Rent If Landlord Gets Arrested For A Crime by OiOi: 8:27am On Oct 02, 2019
Happiness6063:
Hi guys! My Landlord gets arrested for a crime and looking at it If he is guilty, what will happen to us the tenants.
if it's a case of interim forfeiture you will be given a number of months to move out since you are not a part of the crime rather victims of circumstance.
You can also sue your landlord's lawyer for colluding, aiding and abetting with a man of questionable character. So that you can get your remaining money back

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Rape: Why I Stepped Aside As Pastor Of COZA - Fatoyinbo Abiodun / Ijegun Fire Explosion..see Video / Tension As Shiites Group Set NEMA Property Scored Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.