Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

About Judgment- COZA Scandal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About Judgment- COZA Scandal (242 Views)

COZA Is Going Ahead With Scheduled Annual Event Despite Rape Allegation Scandal / COZA Pastor: Ese Walter Reacts To Current Alleged Sex Scandal / Ese Walter Of COZA Sex Scandal Separates From Husband (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Judgment- COZA Scandal by pressplay411(m): 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2019
This is rather awkward for me to share in the middle of the trending rape allegation and the reaction of believers. However, it is my duty to share as I am led.
I have been rather conflicted within me for the following reasons.

-Every Rape victim deserves our support.
-Alleged Rapists should however be given a fair hearing.
-The Pastor in question truly looks the part and has a history, however unproven.
-Sensitivity to distractive measures of the adversary.

Hence, I have shared a somewhat middle stance in the course of this news, although condemning Rape and deification of Pastors, I have tried (difficult as it is) to avoid directly condemning the pastor in question.

When God dealt with me on Judgment, It was a very humbling and unveiling season in my life.
And it was primarily with the account of Miriam and Aaron judging Moses for what they perceived an error he committed.
God's judgment was fearful and personal. Numbers 12.

Just when I tried to brush it aside as being an old testament judgement "thing", the Holy Spirit led me further.
He showed me how God frowns so hard on judgment, as Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ shares a deeper understanding of why God frowns on it and its direct impact on our lives whenever we judge one another.

For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. Matthew 7:2

I didn't understand it until I experienced it. The measure it was measured back to me for judging even a fellow brethren was humbling. It happened in a way that the situation I found myself, I could not but fall due to my illness. Thank God it was a relatively benign judgment.

On Sunday, after a nap, I woke up with a name- Dinah. I had to go and study on it. She was the only daughter of Jacob. She was like wise a rape victim.
Her brothers Simeon and Levi being vengeful took her course to hand and in retaliation they meted out judgment on both Shechem (the rapist) and His townsmen. Genesis 34.
Great brothers right? Wrong.
Their Father would later curse them for this action. A curse that Levi was only delivered from when they became Consecrated for God by choosing to stand on the LORD's side.

When I probed further to search for the the meaning of the name Dinah, it intriguingly means Judgement.
Shockingly amazing right?

The ripple effect of judgment is unpredictable. A lot of problems people are facing may directly or indirectly be connected to judgement.
Pastors judging brethren, brethren judging pastors, brethren judging fellow brethren, Parents judging children, children judging parents and intriguingly, Nigerians judging the President (our Kings/Masters). I will, if God permits share more details as time goes on.

I will leave you to personally study on Judgment. Please don't just take my word for it.
We should hold the Pastor accountable but be careful not to judge. More importantly, we should fearfully repent and ask for forgiveness, while we let the law take its course.
It is a very thin line between Accountability and Judgment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Judgment- COZA Scandal by pressplay411(m): 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2019
I later understood during my dealing on Judgment, that just like other words in the bible, a lot happens in translation. Judges are also leaders/rulers/teachers.
We should be able to differentiate where the word "Judge" is used in the context of Leading/teaching/ruling and where it is used as Criticizing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Judgment- COZA Scandal by budaatum: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
You make me wonder that Fatoy judged others and is now being judged. See what happened to the 'false accuser' of TBJ, whom I'm reticent about but who seems to be immensely wise. I bet you accusers of Adeboye or Oyedepo would be torn to bits by us same people. Surely, if Fatoy had walked a righteous path and not one of iniquity, Dakolo and his two other accusers would not have had the ground to stand on.

If Fatoy is righteous, let him take comfort from Job. Judged is he, by public opinion.

1 Like

Re: About Judgment- COZA Scandal by pressplay411(m): 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2019
budaatum:
You make me wonder that Fatoy judged others and is now being judged. See what happened to the 'false accuser' of TBJ, whom I'm reticent about but who seems to be immensely wise. I bet you accusers of Adeboye or Oyedepo would be torn to bits by us same people. Surely, if Fatoy had walked a righteous path and not one of iniquity, Dakolo and his two other accusers would not have had the ground to stand on.

If Fatoy is righteous, let him take comfort from Job. Judged is he, by public opinion.

It's a convoluted mess some times.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Psalm For Those That Seek For Their Partner / Mark Those Who Cause Divisions And Avoid Them / What Next, When Prayer Fails? (register For Free To Receive The Audio Messages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.