Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' (23156 Views)

I slept with several prostitute raw..I Thought I Had Hiv, Narrow escape / I Had An Unprotected Sex And I'm Sick / 'my Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by GistMore8: 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
Alot of parents in Kenya took the secret of their HIV status to their graves, leaving their children ignorant and constantly sick.

Brian Omondi, who was born with HIV, started taking anti-retroviral (ARV) pills when he was 10. However, it was not until he was 14 when his mother had died that he realised what the pills were for.

Now 22, and an HIV activist working with a church group, he says his condition was not picked up at birth. During his early years growing up in Mombasa he remembers being ill often:

"I was sick most of the time but the condition worsened, so my mum decided that I should get tested. That is when I tested positive and started taking the ARVs, but my mum never told me why I was taking those drugs" he said.

It was when he went to live with his aunt, after his mother died, that neighbours in the close-knit community got wind of his HIV status and his peers began mocking him.

He went on to say, 'parents will often warn their children about playing with those who have HIV. I remember this girl in high school, we met in person and she addressed me as: 'You HIV person.' This hurt me."

Omondi however says that he does not blame his mother for not being upfront with him.

"I think she could have been open with me but on the other hand I cannot blame her because she was trying to protect me at that age. It is hard!

You find that you will be stigmatising yourself, you will be asking yourself some questions like: 'If these people find out about my status how will they take me? How will they treat me?'"

See more here; http://gistmore.com/my-mother-died-without-telling-me-i-had-hiv-activist-brian-omondi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by GistMore8: 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2019

1 Like

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2019
undecidedShiit happens..............The good news about life is that regardless of our current struggles.....everyone dies

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Offpoint: 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
Can someone close to that BBQ of a guy/girl please advise him/her? He's suffering from NL addiction and has no clue. that's the first nairalander I've seen on everything thread, the first to comment more than twice on every thread, the first to reply every quote, the first who's on nairaland in every hour.

Someone should help him/her, worse s(he's got the most annoying comment on nairaland.

make una help am o, I wonder what time they make BBQ .

I'm just concerned o, and nothing more.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Harrymig1(m): 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2019
Chai shocked
Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Cauhlins(m): 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2019
Wow!
Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by deff2: 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
This one weak me

1 Like

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Benekruku(m): 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
[s]
ayanleye12:
Before you go to bed remember to go and join SIR VICTOR ODDS on telegram so that you can recover your lose

Before you go to bed remember to go and join SIR VICTOR ODDS on telegram so that you can recover your lose
[/s]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
Eh ya!

Inside this life sef!

Love of a mother can sometimes be extreme!

ABSTINENCE from random sex AND STAYING WITH ONE PARTNER is the way to go.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2019
ayanleye12:

No be only Sir Victor

14 Likes

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by DIKEnaWAR: 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2019
HiV is not a death sentence. I think we should be friendly and encourage those that have it to come out with their status. This is because many people that have the virus hide their status, pretend they are OK and live normally by dating and infecting those without the virus.

Which man or woman you go toast and they will say no that they are positive?

3 Likes

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by murphybladino(m): 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2019
Omo this one bad
Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
undecided
ayanleye12:

Who be dis one?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Hotzone(m): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
She may be responsible for it
Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Doglove91: 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
Chai cry cry
Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by sylve11: 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
@ Omondi, keep praying. Cure might be out sooner. It is not the end of the world for you. Do what you love most. Good luck to you as you wait patiently. cool

2 Likes

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by crazyABO(m): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
Ehya
Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by otokx(m): 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2019
Hope Senator Elsha Abbo can also help in the crusade of HIV awareness.
Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2019
Oluwasaeon:

No be only Sir Victor
Na Sir Owaifo! cheesy

Btw,

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by kereman1: 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
u hv HIV u are complaining wat of we that are living in Nigeria, which is worst?

1 Like

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by dapadawee: 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
Zhegx:
undecidedWho be dis one?
na one mumu wey them just dashed android UK used phone

4 Likes

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2019
post=79918135:

Na Sir Owaifo!
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by samcus(m): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2019
grin Now that FB is not showing pictures let me Goan post my nude pics

2 Likes

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by DameB(f): 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
Eh yaa poor dude

Parents should really teach their kids to be sensitive, kids imitate the way you speak. See the way kids treated him.
That bald lady might be a chemo patient, that homeless fella might be severely depressed. Show love and speak edification

1 Like

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 03, 2019
If the mum got it tru a promiscuous act.It will be very painful to the son
Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by ednut1(m): 9:57pm On Jul 03, 2019
Offpoint:
Can someone close to that BBQ of a guy/girl please advise him/her? He's suffering from NL addiction and has no clue. that's the first nairalander I've seen on everything thread, the first to comment more than twice on every thread, the first to reply every quote, the first who's on nairaland in every hour.

Someone should help him/her, worse s(he's got the most annoying comment on nairaland.

make una help am o, I wonder what time they make BBQ .

I'm just concerned o, and nothing more.
has no bbq business all a sham.

3 Likes

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by luckyedgal1(m): 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2019
Na sir Victor uwaifo
Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by suitlovers: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2019
murphybladino:
Omo this one bad

This is bad.

This will cause the virus to spread more.

Discover where to buy the best and the finest quality UK suits for men at the price of 15,000 Naira.

Feel free to check my signature below.

Re: Brian Omondi: 'My Mother Died Without Telling Me I Had HIV' by Funmmyastic: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2019
Handsome guy like this,oga ooo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies! 6 Ways To Cure Vaginal Itching / What Causes Sweating And Body Odour. / All You Need To Know About Lassa Fever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.