Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase (31887 Views)

N1000 Vehicle Proof Of Ownership: Nigerians Reject Newly Imposed Levy / The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate / Reviewing The Lagos Rail Mass Transit Trains - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by Boyooosa(m): 7:00am On Jul 05, 2019
Some people bcc are thinking of how to make nigeria a better place to live while some are thinking of how to make it their personal estate, God punish them.
God bless this man..
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by Shaev7(m): 7:00am On Jul 05, 2019
I really commend this. I applaud the act. I always feel happy when people make effort to equip others financially.
God bless him.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by cosef: 7:00am On Jul 05, 2019
PMT should find out why God Is Good drivers drive better and safer even when they have no economic stake in the bus. It is because GIGM employs educated and trainable drivers unlike peace motors that employ inconsiderate illiterate Agberoes, kai-kai drinkers and smokers as drivers.

The Driver to Owner scheme won't change anything. Even Agbero owners of Danfo buses drive their buses recklessly. You won't still catch me anywhere near a PMT bus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by karma2000: 7:01am On Jul 05, 2019
Kai I hope these bus replace the rubbish danfo buses on our road Pls karma do something
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by iamclime(m): 7:05am On Jul 05, 2019
Whatever the hype, I will NEVER board PMT to anywhere. Unless I have no other choice. If you know, you know.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by Jokkarm2: 7:06am On Jul 05, 2019
I still prefer Agofure, I entered from Lagos to warri, though is was 8 hours because of traffic and bad roads, but the driver is a perfect one . you can just sleep no shaking
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by DateMynd44(m): 7:08am On Jul 05, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Hope this won't make them to drive rough and faster in order to meet target and own the bus. We Nigerians must always find a way to try destroying a system no matter how laudable it is
exactly my mind.
they'll drive with excess speed so as to meet up target.
this will spell doom.
thank God I've not been patronising them tho
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by cosef: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2019
Jokkarm2:
I still prefer Agofure, I entered from Lagos to warri, though is was 8 hours because of traffic and bad roads, but the driver is a perfect one . you can just sleep no shaking

PMT doesn't go to warri.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by tyup(m): 7:09am On Jul 05, 2019
Beremx:
Nice one.

I have noticed for some years now that almost 80percent of IMO TRAVELS AND TOURS drivers are yorubas.

Why is that?

why are 80% of drivers driving to the North Igbos?
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by nototribalist: 7:14am On Jul 05, 2019
seanfer:
PMT drivers that are so rude and always over speeding when they were not on target will become worse now that they have to pay for their buses. I wish those who board them safe journey. But for me it’s a NO with the experiences I had between PH and Enugu with PMT.
I had 3 terrible experience with them and since then I say I no do again.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by MartinsD12(m): 7:16am On Jul 05, 2019
autojosh:

Peace Mass Transit (PMT) Limited, has unveiled a unique staff welfare package that transforms its bus drivers to owners of such vehicles in record time.

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the company, Dr. Sam Maduka Onyishi, is optimistic the new policy will bring about a better safety record and in addition, give drivers an assured sense of belonging and responsibility to handle vehicles in their possession with more care.

The policy comes into effect Monday, July 1, 2019. It is the first of such innovation in the transport industry in Nigeria and code-named Driver-To-Owner (DTO) Scheme

It is on record that PMT pioneered the speed limiter innovation in commercial buses in Nigeria 10 years ago. Then Corp Marshal, Osita Chidoka, personally visited PMT headquarters at Emene, to commission the project.

Dr. Onyishi, who announced the new policy to a gathering of excited drivers at the Emene headquarters of the Peace Group Friday, told them all PMT buses in their possession had technically become theirs, and would formally change ownership if and when they made steady financial returns up to an agreed amount into the account of the company, in due course.

It is widely acknowledged that drivers of commercial vehicles are generally more considerate and safety conscious if and when they have an economic stake in the vehicle they operate.

Dr. Onyishi told them that from Monday, July 1, they would effectively become owners of the buses they drive, while assuring that the new policy was well-thought-out and particularly designed to appreciate and empower drivers in the service of PMT.

Dr. Onyishi recalled while addressing the staff that he had promised the present Corps Marshall, Boboye Oyeyemi, during his maiden visit to PMT, that as Chief Executive officer, he would continue to think out of the box and make necessary sacrifices to improve safety on the Nigerian highways. The DTO, he added, was in partial fulfillment of that pledge

The over 3000 buses in the PMT active fleet are involved in the scheme in the first instance, in addition to the 200 units of new Kingo Hiace buses to be injected shortly. They are undergoing final stages of installation at the Peace Mass Auto Assembly Plant.

The CEO told the staff that the DTO policy was meant to reward hard work and create future PMT drivers and their families would look forward to with assurance and pride.

Prior to the introduction of the DTO, PMT had had, over the years a reward policy for diligent drivers on long service. Under this policy, drivers who had put in 15 years and above in PMT service are entitled to a bonus of a fairly used vehicle on retirement.

PMT is the leading mass transit company in the country with operational depots in over 65 locations across the federation.

She has been around for over two decades.

https://autojosh.com/peace-mass-transit-transfers-bus-ownership-to-drivers

Very good move no driver will speed again see as they will drive the busses carefully knowing fully well it will become theirs when they work hard infact some of them will now become snail Glo network in order to meet targets safely
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by Okoyeebo: 7:30am On Jul 05, 2019
Without target, their recklessness killed hundreds of passengers and other road users. Now that they have a target, you all know what would happen.

2 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by seanfer(m): 7:38am On Jul 05, 2019
nototribalist:
I had 3 terrible experience with them and since then I say I no do again.

I rather enter Sienna and ready for any how the Driver treats me than pay exorbitant price and still get insulted by their drivers.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 05, 2019
Speed limiters @peace mass, I have serious doubts. if you are cruising at 110 KLM per hour and a peace mass pursue and overtakes you, at what speed is it cruising?
This happened along Ofeme - Okigwe -Enugu express way

2 Likes

Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by PHIPEX(m): 7:46am On Jul 05, 2019
To imagine that this trans company started as a campus shuttle in his undergraduate days. 3000 buses and an assembly plant is not a joke, nice scheme.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 05, 2019
MartinsD12:

Very good move no driver will speed again see as they will drive the busses carefully knowing fully well it will become theirs when they work hard infact some of them will now become snail Glo network in order to meet targets safely
JubrinElSudan:
Hope this won't make them to drive rough and faster in order to meet target and own the bus. We Nigerians must always find a way to try destroying a system no matter how laudable it is
Na scam.You no know IBO man?If them no sign papers e no go work.Na just to make them maintain his buses.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by 8stargeneral: 7:53am On Jul 05, 2019
good move, those pmt drivers are so rude,no manners!.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by LeoFish92(m): 8:10am On Jul 05, 2019
lonelydora:

Not at all. It's a good move. They will be more careful with the buses. After all, there's bnothing the driver's speeding will do, because they only go once a day or at most twice a day for short distances.

Are you a staff of the company? You seem to know so much about them

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by Beremx(f): 8:11am On Jul 05, 2019
tyup:

why are 80% of drivers driving to the North Igbos?
because the buses are owned by igbos. The bus company I mentioned is owned by Imo state government under a PPP. You better don't misinterpret me because my post is not bigotry.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by Psoul(m): 8:14am On Jul 05, 2019
lonelydora:
Good move. Same thing Dangote does.

This will make drivers to be more careful on the road knowing fully full well the bus will become theirs few years to come.

But, I will also advise the drivers to take up this scheme on Toyota Hiace buses and not the KingLong and other Chinese make.

Keep making us proud, Dr. Maduka Onyishi. Peace Mass Transit, A Gift from Above.

shocked
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by K0y3: 8:18am On Jul 05, 2019
You guys are wrong, these peeps are business men. Their business interests comes first before any welfare package. What do you think Dr maduka will do with over 200 buses when the rail system the fg is building starts to function? Likewise dangote with his trucks?

Simple, they are business men. They are ditching road for rail. Don't be surprise if they start buying coaches. They are going to the next level leaving we the poor masses behind.

Every successful business man is able to see and predict ahead.

lonelydora:
Good move. Same thing Dangote does.

This will make drivers to be more careful on the road knowing fully well the bus will become theirs few years to come.

But, I will also advise the drivers to take up this scheme on Toyota Hiace buses and not the KingLong and other Chinese make.

Keep making us proud, Dr. Maduka Onyishi. Peace Mass Transit, A Gift from Above.

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by dododawa1: 8:19am On Jul 05, 2019
seanfer:
PMT drivers that are so rude and always over speeding when they were not on target will become worse now that they have to pay for their buses. I wish those who board them safe journey. But for me it’s a NO with the experiences I had between PH and Enugu with PMT.
d motor can spoil, check Enugu to porthacourt road.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by seanfer(m): 8:25am On Jul 05, 2019
dododawa1:
d motor can spoil, check Enugu to porthacourt road.

We all know that any motor can spoil anytime. But the drivers are so rude and abusive, they don’t care about their passengers comfort.
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2019
Pmt driver driving like they going to golgotar.
I no enter
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by AngelicBeing: 8:43am On Jul 05, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
l don't think so but rather it will make them more diligent, careful, safety conscious bearing in mind that the vehicle will be theirs in a couple of years, only a fool will destroy what will eventually be his, so it is a laudable venture from the guy
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by Menance: 8:57am On Jul 05, 2019
Air Peace, Peace Mass. Igbo Amaka

1 Like

Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by Realbelieveer(m): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2019
Nairaland panel of judges.. Only the drivers knows the benefits so stfu
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by luluman: 9:14am On Jul 05, 2019
JubrinElSudan:
Was any target given as condition in the statement post?
Re: Peace Mass Transit Transfers Bus Ownership To Drivers Through Hire Purchase by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 05, 2019
more accidents for passengers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New 2019 Mercedes Benz Cls-class Is Very Impressive And Classy. (photos) / FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu / How To Drive The 2019 G-wagon SUV Through The Mud Explained By Mercedes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.