Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

I Learnt It Bitter Way - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Learnt It Bitter Way (271 Views)

What I Learnt From The Book Of Matthew In The Bible - Join Me Today! / The Lessons I Learnt About Forgiveness / The Temptation Of Jesus Christ: Lessons To Be Learnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Learnt It Bitter Way by Dafemich(m): 7:39am On Jul 05, 2019
My story is like that of Jonah in the Bible. God send Jonah to preach to the people of nineveh, but Jonah went to the other direction in Joppa. God had to cause a great storm and a big fish swallowed up Jonah and he was in the Belle of the fish for three days without food and water. And at the end, Jonah did what God told him to do. Something he should have done without going through the stress he went through. This is how my life is or was. God showed back in 2009, that my purpose in life is to write books and through my writing others will come to know Christ. This is my purpose in life and I knew it. But after publishing my first book in 2012 and it didn't turn out as I wanted it, I became furstrated and I decided not to continue writing. I started venturing into other business. But as hard as I have tried in business, I keep failing. I keep investing and failing. But I noticed that anytime I decided to write, ideas keep popping out, but in other things I run out of ideas. So recently, I decided to start writing again, and things has now start taking a new sharp. Beloved of God, is there anything God is telling you to do and you are refusing. Are suppose to do something that God is telling to do and is not making to you and you want to do something else that make sense to you. You will live a furstrated life until you do what God says you should do. God must come first and every other things comes second. Do what God says you should do, you will never regret it

1 Like

Re: I Learnt It Bitter Way by Makschinchin: 12:25am On Jul 10, 2019
Wow, God's Ways are indeed not the ways of man.. You already knew the purpose of God for your life yet you chose another?? It's normal for some though, just like Jonah in the Bible..

What I want to tell you is this, if God tells you to do something, don't worry about the result like you did, let Him handle that.. Many have been discouraged today because they got results less than what they expected. Thank God you learnt your lesson after trying other businesses and it didn't work out.

Just be faithful enough to do as the Spirit of God is leading you, and live Him to handle the result..

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abeg Help Me Answer This Question Oo E Weak Me / Futurist Machio Kaku "Humans Are Going To Mars". My Christian View; final battle / El-Zakzaky Conniving With Iran To Islamize Nigeria – FG.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.