Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is (50471 Views)

Dole-Kaina: The Border Town Where Nigeria, Niger And Benin Republics Meet / 10 Most Populated Countries In The World; See Where Nigeria Falls / 10 Of The Most Powerful Passports In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by obafemee80(m): 11:51am On Jul 05, 2019

The world's most powerful passports have been revealed with Japan and Singapore topping the list. The latest ranking marks an 18-month long winning streak for both countries, after they unseated Germany from its long-held 1st position at the beginning of 2018.

The list, which was compiled by Henley Passport Index, analyses how many countries a passport holder can enter visa-free or on a visa-on-arrival basis.

Japan and Singapore continue to sit on their joint top spot, with each country offering visa-free access to 189 destinations.

Germany now sits in second place along with Finland and South Korea, with citizens of all three countries able to access 187 destinations around the world without a prior visa.

Seychelles (27th) has the strongest passport in Africa. This is followed by Mauritius (31st) and South Africa (54th). Citizens of these three countries can access 150, 145 and 99 destinations around the world without a prior visa, respectively.

Ghana is ranked 80th with 64 destinations visa-free access while Nigeria sits in 98th place, with
45 destinations visa-free access

War ravaged Afghanistan remains at the bottom of the global mobility spectrum, with its citizens able to access only 25 destinations worldwide without a prior visa.

What Do You Think? 

https://autojosh.com/singapore-and-japan-has-the-worlds-most-powerful-passports-see-where-nigeria-is/

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by jabberjawz: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
What don't I think...? ....the passport is not the issue, it's the people that collectively own the passport that's got issues.....fix yourselves & watch your passport value skyrocket.....

NB..... finally made it....1st to comment after years in Nairaland....I need my medal of honour please...... grin

122 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by KendrickAyomide: 2:10pm On Jul 05, 2019
Even with the Gra Gra of USA. See their position. Idiots

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by Cryomancer: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2019
You're still asking me what i think about a useless green Nigerian passport?

i can't be proud of something that is a threat to my life.

just check the strength of the passports of other lower African countries and their visa free countries, then you'll weep for this contraption called Nigeria. you can start by checking ordinary Mali passport.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by GudluckIBB(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2019
Biafra passport will beat Nigerias own grin

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by Omudia11: 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2019
grin
Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by RiyadhGoddess(f): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2019
Lols we already know where Nigeria is. Read my signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by oz4real83(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2019
Just check the behaviour of japanese citizens during the last world cup and asian games. The japanese waited after every game their country played just to clean up the section they occupied. Their footballers also cleaned up their dressing room even after losing the final match of the asian cup. If i were a country,it is enough to even make visit visa free for such citizens to my country. The behaviour of citizens have a way sometimes of determining how much access they are given to some countries.

188 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by Jeromejnr(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
Japanese are very respectful, clean and productive everywhere they go so it's no wonder.

Nigerians are the opposite.

The nature and mindset of the average Nigerian can be very appalling.

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by atikulated2019: 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
k
Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by Kreamie(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
Lol.

45 destinations.

I bet 40 of those destinations are war ravaged countries grin.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by sloye5(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by darlenese(f): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
is Nigeria a country ?

3 Likes

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by Lamasta(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
All I need is British, American, German, French, Russian or Italian passport I don't care where they are on the table or list of powerful passports

7 Likes

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by Inception(m): 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
grin

MINE IS THE THIRD NUMBER 2!

oops sorry grin
Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2019
I like seeing Germany there. Thats my final destination

3 Likes

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by infogenius(m): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2019
98th Place.
Noted
Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by Jubilancy(f): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sigh.....Nigeria my beloved country..[color=#006600][/color]..
Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by Nairalandmentor(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
We'll rise someday if we don't give up

3 Likes

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by Resnik(m): 2:53pm On Jul 05, 2019
grin With the way things are going, it'll soon reduce to 1 destination.

14 Likes

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by thesicilian: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2019
Surprised to see the UK and USA in such a low position compared to the way they carry themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by dhareh: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2019
Until recently when the first requirement to obtain a Nigerian passport is to have national ID card and and state of origin declaration from your state liaison office, anybody could walk into the immigration office with money and claim one state in Nigeria as his/her state of origin and he/she will get a Nigerian passport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by AKswift: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2019
Abeg, which countries are visa-free for 9ja, joor?
Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by chudez0147(m): 2:56pm On Jul 05, 2019
We tried
Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
If we want our passports to be powerful, we have to stop relying on oil and start relying on education and innovation

Nigerians unfortunately don't like that, as it means hard work

8 Likes

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by cosef: 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2019
dhareh:
Until recently when the first requirement to obtain a Nigerian passport is to have national ID card and and state of origin declaration from your state liaison office, anybody could walk into the immigration office with money and claim one state in Nigeria as his/her state of origin and he/she will get a Nigerian passport

So what are the new requirements for getting a Nigerian passport?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Singapore And Japan Have World's Most Powerful Passports,See Where Nigeria Is by ruggedtimi(m): 2:58pm On Jul 05, 2019
ThankGod I am a Japanese

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fully Loaded Bus Plunged Into Ebonyi River (Photos) / Us Conference Visa / 18 Common Road Signs That Most Motorists In Nigeria Don’t Know Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.