Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,968 members, 7,841,708 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) (59373 Views)

Popular Nairalander Cooks With Firewoods. / A Nairalander Buys A Big Puff Adder Along Akure-Ekiti Road, Butchers & Cooks It / A Nairalander Cooks Egusi Soup London Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Sunsets: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2019
Ewi in Igbo
godG:

Thank you. I think this addresses my reservations. I never see juvenile òkété before. Back in the days, we usually hunt big ones. Great memories!

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by BluntBoy(m): 11:18am On Jul 06, 2019
bluebay:
Nigga. That’s a Rabbit. The tip of the tail is white

How can you call that a rabbit for Christ's sake?

It doesn't even look like a rabbit one bit. That looks more like the African white-tailed rat.
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by skyhighweb(m): 11:19am On Jul 06, 2019
see wat buhari has cost

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 06, 2019
i chop more than 50 if this bush rat with my trap b4 mallam dem dem come steal all my traps. meeeen the meat dey sweat die... at least better than eating snake grin
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by ABELKIDO(m): 11:25am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:
This is rabbit and not rat. What Oyinbo call rabbit is not found in our environment, so what do we now call rabbit.

We can't use Oyinbo definition of their rabbit as our own rabbit. The white tip tail rodent is our rabbit. Shikena!
You are very correct.
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by skyhighweb(m): 11:26am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:
This is rabbit and not rat. What Oyinbo call rabbit is not found in our environment, so what do we now call rabbit.

We can't use Oyinbo definition of their rabbit as our own rabbit. The white tip tail rodent is our rabbit. Shikena!
plz stop posting things any how u dey see rat every day yet u dey form say dis nah rabbit, no nah hare.

google rabbit n see what it looks like
google grass cutter n see what it looks like
google hare n see what it looks like
google rat n see what it looks like

haba

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by winkmart: 11:27am On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

Bros i know, what i am saying is has our hunters ever killed or caught what they made us call a rabbit?

I studied at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta... My school dey inside thick bush.

I think I have seen something that looks extremely similar to a rabbit in the bush... Guess it was Hare, since we might not have local rabbit in this part of the world

But that stuff up there can't be called a rabbit... What do we now call this?

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Oxtertee(m): 11:32am On Jul 06, 2019
SirLakes:
Na wa ooo

People can't differentiate between a Rat & Rabbit

SMH

That's a ferking Rat - Okete

There is Ekute - House & church rat
There's Emon too ooo

Chai, those days, we dey Hunt dos things cheesy

I remember digging their holes and braking ant hill back then to hunt for this delicious meat #okete
Their are two species of this okete
Afintoto the grayish colored okete, neat and longer in length.
Ewu dudu- has darkish hair and not usually long in length, this specie bread more lice than Afintoto. They are the specie found in uncompleted building, block holes and close to residential areas.

3 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Oxtertee(m): 11:39am On Jul 06, 2019
I remember digging their holes and braking ant hill back then to hunt for this delicious meat #okete
Their are two species of this okete
Afintoto the grayish colored okete, neat and longer in length.
Ewu dudu- has darkish hair and not usually long in length, this specie bread more lice than Afintoto. They are the specie found in uncompleted building, block holes and close to residential areas.

What is up there is the Afintoto specie, they are neat, fast and smart.
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by investigator007: 11:39am On Jul 06, 2019
Omo make im dy flex Dy go
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Halimat04(f): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2019
O ni je ku je,

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Tolexander: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2019
godG:

Okay then. I think the words in bold clarify it. Juvenile òkété. Lol. I know ase, sir.

Haha, no one is talking about having "the monopoly of the experience", brother. And you don't have to "burst [my] balls". What have they done to you to deserve bursting them? cry

It's not that deep na. Abi, there is money involved in it ni? cheesy

Thanks for clarifying.
gringringrin
I’m sorry bro

One love

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Baroba(m): 11:51am On Jul 06, 2019
Menance:
Yoruba people ooo

Pls this is a total rat it's called Oke in Igbo.
A confirmed rodent. Many illiterates on Nairaland calling it rabbit.
So your people take rats as pet grin

Nope, it's called Eyi ani in Igbo, Pouch rat in English.. They are different from the diseased infested city rats known as Oke in Igbo, you find them mainly in farms where they burrow into the soil.. They are docile and nocturnal and very easy to catch due to there poor eye sight especially in daylight.. They feed on tubers..
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by harizonal123(m): 11:57am On Jul 06, 2019
For those that cannot research

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by bluebay(m): 11:59am On Jul 06, 2019
BluntBoy:

How can you call that a rabbit for Christ's sake?

It doesn't even look like a rabbit one bit. That looks more like the African white-tailed rat.
Well, we called this one rabbit because it’s Disease free, neat and doesn’t feed on anything just like the Normal Rat we all know . This rabbit mainly feed on grains and nuts
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Franca397: 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2019
Them dey eat house rat??. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by gregyboy(m): 12:23pm On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

For 9ja na rabbit we dey call am.

Oyinbo nor fit dey name everything for us.

We call it Ofen'tor in Benin.

Na so them name one rodent guinea pig.

Call small scotland and wales wey nor reach 5 million each nation but call yoruba and igbo of 50 million each tribe.

Discover our own river call am river negro(niger),river wey we take dey bath and drink from many centuries ago.

See our own rabbit and call am pouch rat.

@op na rabbit you chop so, correct bush meat with a distinctive white tip tail.
according to my lecturer in uniben
.......“maaad man" lol...
i like your style original....

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Menance: 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2019
Baroba:

Nope, it's called Eyi ani in Igbo, Pouch rat in English.. They are different from the diseased infested city rats known as Oke in Igbo, you find them mainly in farms where they burrow into the soil.. They are docile and nocturnal and very easy to catch due to there poor eye sight especially in daylight.. They feed on tubers..

Ok man
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by enemyofprogress: 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2019
See as the the thing lie down and spread legs like my landlord's wife. If you know you know
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by nnaamehn(m): 1:42pm On Jul 06, 2019
Mr chilaka Martin, Hw did dis got hiaaa
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Cluv: 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2019
Bouncingbabyboy:
that's a lie.... It's called African giant rat
can't see the tail, rat doesn't have white tail, it's rabbit to that have white tail oga
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by BluntBoy(m): 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2019
bluebay:

Well, we called this one rabbit because it’s Disease free, neat and doesn’t feed on anything just like the Normal Rat we all know . This rabbit mainly feed on grains and nuts

OK. But you people should stop calling it rabbit. Rabbit is a totally different order from rats.

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by SegunAj(m): 2:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
Nairaland Twitter dumping ground cry
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by noble2faith(m): 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

...and you parents where celebrating when they gave birth to you?

Don't argue blindly as he rightly said.

That is neither rat nor rabbit.

It is a pouched rat.

Just to make things easy, type rabbit on google, check the under image section and tell whether any of the images you see looks like what the OP killed.

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Namdeenero(m): 2:32pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cluv:
can't see the tail, rat doesn't have white tail, it's rabbit to that have white tail oga
Even with all the pictures up there you're still arguing

Nawa, you call a vermin rabbit and call a civet leopard or tiger when Google is there??

Gosh!! The level of illiteracy in this country is really alarming

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2019
How can you guys call that a rabbit Please it's a rat. Rabbits and hares have bigger heads, shorter tails, longer ears... Infact they are generally bigger.

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Cotton(m): 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

Chai! You f up, how you go call this one rabbit? U no go better nursery school....

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by nduchucks: 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2019
These giant rats carry deadly diseases such as rabies which you electronic generation kids do not have immunity against, like your oldefolks did.

Eat this thing with care.

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by AyobamiSky: 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2019
a
Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by AyobamiSky: 3:31pm On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

Bros i know, what i am saying is has our hunters ever killed or caught what they made us call a rabbit?

A while ago, i met a young man who was so obstinate, the like of which i believed i would never encounter again. Then, this thread comes up and there you are, dispensing an immeasurable level of insistence on stupidity. Its almost as though if you permitted yourself to think, you'd hurt yourself.
Perhaps i am wrong and you would truly, maybe you are better off enlightened as much as you are.

2 Likes

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 3:36pm On Jul 06, 2019
Cluv:
looool

1 Like

Re: Made Cooks Food With The Rat He Caught (photos) by madgoat(m): 4:15pm On Jul 06, 2019
Born2Breed:

The only rabbit I know are reared and has never been part of our habitat. What the oyinbo call Rabbit is similar to Hare over here.

Stop saying rubbish. Your statements make no sense at all and portrays ignorance of the highest order.. There are rabbits in Nigeria and there are rats. What the OP killed is a rat and its the one we eat. The white ended tail tip is how its known.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Porcupine And Monkey That Were Killed Today (PHOTOS) / See What A Lady Served Her Boyfriend As A Special Delicacy On His Birthday / Which Food Should I Eat To Get A Little Bit Fat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.