Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

To The Gods Of My Father - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To The Gods Of My Father (402 Views)

My Father's Wife... 18+ Only.. / Power Overload: Gods Of Our Fathers / The Gods Must Be Angry ( True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To The Gods Of My Father by literatus67(m): 2:33am On Jul 07, 2019
MR LITERATUS.(C).
I KNOW A COUNTRY.
Like a field ploughed for ridges, Our life keep rolling, From one contour to another. Our ears like an empty river, Their promises flow in, And flow out without fulfilment.
Fathers fear to face Their fatherhood, Mothers murder their motherhood, The child lost his childhood, Another mayhem for us all.
Blind society chasing a stray child, A dog who lost its track, Shall wander to anywhere To wield his wildlife worldly.
Grand attire mocking the rags, Glossing car ride on a tattered flesh, Some live the life, Some keeps dreaming While life itself Is living them.
Hawks in aso rock Spread their wings, People we trust keep showing their claws.
We went to the citadel, We cook food of knowledge for years, With the oil from mother's sweat, With the struggle from father's muscle.
House of knowledge promise us The unknown tomorrow, But when tomorrow comes With many questions of wants, Knowledge hides itself, And say from its hiding, "Thou art the haziest Forget me and choose your muscle,".
Time too, is such a betrayal, He plays with all, always, He sneaks from all, always, Many skills die the death Of no one to help, Just like good seeds die the death Of no one to plant them,.
Lie gives smile to our faces, Truth to us is mere faeces, We talk of our heroes, With black and white voice, We drive our nation's car On treacherous thorny road, Yet, we complain of punctured tyre.
Is it not absurd, For a man to get killed, For a goat to get fed?
Is it not absurd, To destroy what gives to man, To build what takes from man?
The land our ancestors Got their manna from, Turned to a land That spreads predatory canopy, Hovering and roaring on us all, The food chain continue Like a vicious circle, As one sees oneself as the predator, Another is humming in joy, For his prey is getting fat in flatter.
GREATMIND.

(1) (Reply)

His Golden Secrets Episode 1 / Scars Of Love / Supernatural Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.