Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable (24726 Views)

Dangote To Renovate MKO Abiola Stadium / The Time It Would Take Dangote To Pay Off His ₦792m Bugatti Veyron / Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by Ajibade123(m): 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2019
Nice decision from the richest man in Africa it will surely bring about hundreds of employment opportunities

see how you can move your business to a new location
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-move-a-business-to-a-new-location/
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
mmb:
Aliko Dangote, president of Dangote Group, will own 50,000 cows by 2019, and produce 500 million litres of milk per year.

The group, principally owned by Africa’s richest man, plans to invest $3.8 billion in sugar and rice and $800 million in dairy production in the next three years.

According to World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates, Nigeria needs about 1.5 billion litres of milk annually.

US department of agriculture also puts Nigeria’s “insufficient” milk import at $225 million per year, stating that the country’s dairy market has a potential in excess of $3 billion.

With Dangote’s drive, the group will produce a third of the country’s ideal demand and nearly all of its current import.

According to Bloomberg, the company seeks to expand and deal with a shortage of dollars needed to import raw materials.

The conglomerate plans to increase its production of sugar to 1.5 million metric tonnes a year by 2020 from 100,000 tons now and is seeking to add 1 million tonnes of rice.

In an interview on Tuesday, Edwin Devakumar, executive director at Dangote, said lack of foreign exchange means companies need to invest in local agriculture to help meet demand for food from Nigeria’s population of more than 180 million.

“All raw sugar has to be imported today, same thing for flour milling,” Bloomberg quoted Devakumar to have said.

Dangote, whose cement unit is Nigeria’s biggest listed company, has been investing in agriculture as the country’s government seeks to diversify away from oil, which accounts for 90 percent of the nation’s export earnings and the bulk of revenue.

The economy, which plunged into its first recession in a quarter-century last year amid falling crude prices, is forecast by the World Bank to expand by 1.2 percent this year.

Dangote plans to cultivate 350,000 hectares (864,850 acres) of land for sugar cane and add 200,000 hectares for rice, according to Devakumar.

The company has ordered five plants for sugar milling and 10 for rice from Switzerland to be located in the north of the country, he said.

https://www.thecable.ng/dangote-50000-cows-produce-500m-litres-milk-2019/amp

By 2019 erm 2019 remains just 5 months, is this writer thinking?
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by IFNOTGOD(m): 8:41pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ban on importation of milk loading
Importation of rice was banned but some few groups have licence to import.
Now I see y sugar importation was banned.

Some of these items banned was not for d improvement of d country buy to satisfy a few thereby creating monopoly.

Fight in indomie, cement n flour comes to mind
Soon dey will ban importation of fuel once d refinery is done n den nja we hear

We are watching
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by Laptoplyfestyle: 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2019
Which of the 2019,Is it this one that we are in
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
Frankiss44:

And that cement brings in billions.. You don't become the richest man just by laundering cash.. Forbes investigate the source of your income and they most be legit.. That is why politicians and co don't make it.. The guy is into two many biz ventures bringing in billions.. He into oil and gas, cement, tomatoes, salt and sugar, noodles and so on..

My take is that u have to be a smart business man to launder money for years without being caught.. So give the man some credit

It is very easy to launder money if the owners of the money are politicians and not drug dealers and child sex traffickers.

Dangote's noodle business folded, his tomato paste business folded in less than 18 months, he's trying to reactivate it, he isn't into oil and gas, he's still trying to get into it.

Before his monopoly in the cement industry, Dangote was not dis wealthy, it was selling cement daily to 150 million Nigerians that gave him wealth, nothing special.....everyone can do that.

Carefully read up about Dangote, take ur time to do so, this is a direct info from someone who took him as a mentor till he discovered what's up, 99.99% of the business Dangote has ever done has failed.

His cement brings in billions of naira, which many businessmen are making already, so that's not a big deal. His net worth is in billion dollars, his cash is far far smaller than that. He has been building a refinery for 6 or 7 years and has taken so many loans, yet he still couldn't complete it.

Dangote is a regular Hausa man in business, they usually have a lower IQ in the business regard n they rely on government to survive.

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by Ptylin: 1:51am On Jul 08, 2019
simonlee:
Dangote wants to snatch cow business from Fulani herders? grin

Southerners, sit back and watch... you'll finally know the difference between Hausa and Fulani and stop calling all of us northerners!

We won't fall for this scam! That's RUGA phase 2��.
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by yom2(m): 2:44am On Jul 08, 2019
IFNOTGOD:
Ban on importation of milk loading
Importation of rice was banned but some few groups have licence to import.
Now I see y sugar importation was banned.

Some of these items banned was not for d improvement of d country buy to satisfy a few thereby creating monopoly.

Fight in indomie, cement n flour comes to mind
Soon dey will ban importation of fuel once d refinery is done n den nja we hear

We are watching
please u can join d trade so that u can benefit from all this ban.
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by yom2(m): 2:58am On Jul 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

It is very easy to launder money if the owners of the money are politicians and not drug dealers and child sex traffickers.

Dangote's noodle business folded, his tomato paste business folded in less than 18 months, he's trying to reactivate it, he isn't into oil and gas, he's still trying to get into it.

Before his monopoly in the cement industry, Dangote was not dis wealthy, it was selling cement daily to 150 million Nigerians that gave him wealth, nothing special.....everyone can do that.

Carefully read up about Dangote, take ur time to do so, this is a direct info from someone who took him as a mentor till he discovered what's up, 99.99% of the business Dangote has ever done has failed.

His cement brings in billions of naira, which many businessmen are making already, so that's not a big deal. His net worth is in billion dollars, his cash is far far smaller than that. He has been building a refinery for 6 or 7 years and has taken so many loans, yet he still couldn't complete it.

Dangote is a regular Hausa man in business, they usually have a lower IQ in the business regard n they rely on government to survive.
learn to spot and accept outstanding Achiever's and accomplishments without any form of bigotry. take it or leave it, the accomplishment of this man is beyond creed.. his vision and positive impact will last for ages.
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by Chimaokigwe: 4:07am On Jul 08, 2019
ibietela2:
So without him this country can't boost of any thing?

So, you don't know the difference between boost and boast?
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by Ikpongiton: 5:47am On Jul 08, 2019
Dangothief kowai!
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 08, 2019
yom2:
learn to spot and accept outstanding Achiever's and accomplishments without any form of bigotry. take it or leave it, the accomplishment of this man is beyond creed.. his vision and positive impact will last for ages.

Dangote is a failed businessman n a money launderer.

99.99% of the businesses he opened has gone bankrupt, a fact u can never argue anywhere.

If Bua, Portland, Ibeto, Nigercerm, etc were not forcefully thrown out of the cement business and if Dangote wasn't allowed to be sole importer of sugar in many years, he would never had been a billionaire. He fed fat on Nigeria, same applies to other northern dollar billionaires n most dollar billionaires in Nigeria.
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by Gerrard59(m): 8:52am On Jul 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

99.99% of the businesses he opened has gone bankrupt, a fact u can never argue anywhere.

If Bua, Portland, Ibeto, Nigercerm, etc were not forcefully thrown out of the cement business and if Dangote wasn't allowed to be sole importer of sugar in many years, he would never had been a billionaire. He fed fat on Nigeria, same applies to other northern dollar billionaires n most dollar billionaires in Nigeria.

I don't about the rest but the bold and Lafarge are producing cement in Nigeria yet Dangote is still selling and being a billionaire. Could you please explain the paradox?

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by twosquare(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2019
RealityShot:
eggs..
fish too hurts my teeth..they get stuck in the gums and i can't pick them out.
Interesting... The thing is when I eat meat too much, my teeth hurts... So I revert to something else for a week or two... I seldomly eat fish... Just doesn't like the smell...
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by ibietela2(m): 11:42am On Jul 08, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

So, you don't know the difference between boost and boast?

Professor of ENGLISH thanks for the correction
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2019
Gerrard59:

I don't about the rest but the bold and Lafarge are producing cement in Nigeria yet Dangote is still selling and being a billionaire. Could you please explain the paradox?

They started importing again after the ban was lifted by yaradua (back den no one manufactured cement in nigeria, it was 100% import.

Till now most or if not all cement in Nigeria are mostly manufactured abroad and bagged in Nigeria
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by yom2(m): 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

billionaires everywhere feed fat on the market they explore and exploit. go and ask Donald trump and the rest. but what marks u out is the thousands or millions of life ur project can touch and the value creation that comes with it . he has done far better than those stealing the money and keeping it in swiss account OK. I don't think he has 2 heads or the only favoured man from his region. if other people with similar vision, means, previledges, opportunities and drive follow suit Nigeria would have gone far
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2019
yom2:
billionaires everywhere feed fat on the market they explore and exploit. go and ask Donald trump and the rest. but what marks u out is the thousands or millions of life ur project can touch and the value creation that comes with it . he has done far better than those stealing the money and keeping it in swiss account OK. I don't think he has 2 heads or the only favoured man from his region. if other people with similar vision, means, previledges, opportunities and drive follow suit Nigeria would have gone far

Billionaires like trump made their wealth thru competition and not monopoly.

Goan and carefully read about all Dangote's businesses
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by RealityShot: 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2019
twosquare:
Interesting... The thing is when I eat meat too much, my teeth hurts... So I revert to something else for a week or two... I seldomly eat fish... Just doesn't like the smell...
thats one less citizen who depends on rascal nomads for meat!
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by Frankiss44(m): 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Wow.. Speechless.. I just learnt something today.. I will do a little research though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by JikanBaura(m): 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
RealityShot:
EXACTLY!
It is because of Islam that Hausas have let foriegners called Fulani take over the north and today control Nigeria.

honestly, i pity hausa people, they are loosing their birth right because of RELIGION.
make i no talk more Buhari is fulani & seun might be muslim

I don't need anyone's pity as their absolutely nothing to sympathize with us. And mind you their is more than just religion to our oneness. Hausa and fulani have been intermarrying for centuries to the extent of their really isn't a single Nigerian Hausa without fulani gene. Dangote himself is fulani on his mother side. And I'm sure with little digging you will find out even his father share fulani gene. Though i perceived myself as hausa i can't deny my grandmother's fulani heritage. Hausa and Fulani are best friends and as far as Nigeria is concerned. We are one family and no one can put us against each other.
Re: Dangote To Own 50,000 Cows, Produce 500m Litres Of Milk By 2019- The Cable by SirGod: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2019
Philpham:
This is the start of Islamization in Nigeria.
No this is Biz talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Redesign: Nigerians Will Fill Uncountable Forms To Withdraw Large Amounts / Shell Sells Stake In Nigerian Oil Block For $533m / 3-step Process That Makes Up To $3,000 In 30 Days... Even If You Are A Newbie!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.