Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) (3199 Views)

EKSU Finally Produces First Set Of Medical Students / Grace Ezenwa Wins Presidential Best Teachers Award, Gifted Brand New Car-PIX / UNILAG Produces First Set Of Graduates In Chinese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 08, 2019
History was made today as the students of the department of Electrical engineering and Mechanical engineering of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, presented the first indigenous electric car to the vice Chancellor of the University.

The car is said to be the most efficient electric powered car in the market with an estimated distance of up to 850km on a single charge.

The project which was financed by the University, took less than 3 months to complete. Speaking with one of members of the team, Uchendu Hero Kelo, he said that the project was a success due to the combined effort of the team headed by Dr. Ani. He hinted that a solar powered car would be the next project they are going to delve into.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by BIGGIE121(m): 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2019
Wait oooIs that an electric car or an electric keke napep, am i seeing doulble

6 Likes

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2019
I don't know about y'all but this looks like a keke napep to me.
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Nopanties: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
When will all these nonsense stop.
What is the use of this crap?!

8 Likes

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Corrosiveman(m): 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2019
Developers

1 Like

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Harlem2(m): 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2019
Unfortunately cow is more important
But during innovation think of design
If Ferrari is like this I wonder who will patronize them

2 Likes

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Roon9(m): 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2019
Let's try to work on aesthetics. The working principles to such have been laid out for donkey years. If we can't provide a unique source of powering our innovations let's try to make the copied ones beautiful. This is pure trash and quite laughable.

5 Likes

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by DrBrainstorm(m): 9:19pm On Jul 08, 2019
No be only car na caterpillar.
Smh

2 Likes

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by RTSC: 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
What is the use of AutoCAD and engineering design courses we took if they cannot make it beautiful.?

A prototype does not mean ugly.

6 Likes

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by UncleSnr(m): 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2019
Why must all their "indigenous cars" always look like armoured vehicles used by Biafran soldiers?

4 Likes

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by tstx(m): 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
Enter at your own risk
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by rowland545(m): 10:42pm On Jul 08, 2019
Nah car b DAT
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 08, 2019
Roon9:
Let's try to work on aesthetics. The working principles to such have been laid out for donkey years. If we can't provide a unique source of powering our innovations let's try to make the copied ones beautiful. This is pure trash and quite laughable.
If you, I and others don't support our own then we will never develop. If the Japanese and the Chinese had follow this assumption of criticism then they wouldn't have been where they are today. Someone researched on transportation and came up with bicycle then another build on it that resulted in motorcycle then afterward car,ship and aeroplane. All these aided movement of people from one place to another. If we don't start from somewhere we will never go far in life. It is better you copy innovation (if permitted) and then build on it to better

6 Likes

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Roon9(m): 11:14pm On Jul 08, 2019
asuustrike1:

If you, I and others don't support our own then we will never develop. If the Japanese and the Chinese had follow this assumption of criticism then they wouldn't have been where they are today. Someone researched on transportation and came up with bicycle then another build on it that resulted in motorcycle then afterward car,ship and aeroplane. All these aided movement of people from one place to another. If we don't start from somewhere we will never go far in life. It is better you copy innovation (if permitted) and then build on it to better

Sir I get your point

2 Likes

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Inairang: 11:45pm On Jul 08, 2019
Get an app for your blog for 5k only (090 737 327 48)
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Abkreizi: 12:06am On Jul 09, 2019
G
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Xbursta(m): 12:23am On Jul 09, 2019
Inairang:
Get an app for your blog for 5k only (090 737 327 48)
For only 5k bros you try oh
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by oaselemi: 2:45am On Jul 09, 2019
Naija which way.See wetin person dey parade as electric car,we have a long way to go in this country
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Heylius(m): 2:47am On Jul 09, 2019
Nigerians should channel their energy to something meaningful for once.
If oyibo people produce this kin car for us,are we going to buy.smh

1 Like

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by 9jaBloke: 6:07am On Jul 09, 2019
Brilliant!!!

It could be better designed though.

2 Likes

Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Aidejay(m): 8:24am On Jul 09, 2019
Bad economy.......anti innovation......Nigerianss...... APC/PDP...... Buhari.....attack......attack.....attack
Kill it......
Kill it......
Kill ittttttttttttttttttttt...........!
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by TANID(m): 9:05am On Jul 09, 2019
Corrosiveman:
Developers
For Were? Not For Nigeria Government. Trust Me They Would Never Develop This Kind Of Project.
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by PLATO1U(m): 9:47am On Jul 09, 2019
We should have moved beyond this now.

Government is crazy. Citizens are lifeless.

Anyways, may the developer meet helper
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by obynno7(m): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2019
that's my honourable School we are known for intellectual prowess
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by ecclize: 11:20am On Jul 09, 2019
And this is where it ends...
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by EkperemoEgbabi: 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2019
I gives up on the black race lipsrsealed
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by superlightning: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2019
Roon9:

You stink of envy. Even Jelani Aliyu praised the efforts of the engineering faculty. If the principle behind using electricity to power a vehicle to move at horsepower speed over several kilometers is that easy to materialize, every nation would have started producing theirs.
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Roon9(m): 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2019
superlightning:

You stink of envy. Even Jelani Aliyu praised the efforts of the engineering faculty. If the principle behind using electricity to power a vehicle to move at horsepower speed over several kilometers is that easy to materialize, every nation would have started producing theirs.

Really? Envy?? Just bounce boy
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Roon9(m): 2:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
asuustrike1:

Sir since 2010 we have been on these keke napep stuffs. Around 2014 during my final year, our then HOD earmarked about 10million naira for such. I don't need to tell you the 10m naira rubbish that was manufactured.
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by superlightning: 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
Roon9:

Really? Envy?? Just bounce boy

Yes envy, so stfu
Re: UNN Produces First Indigenous Electric Car (pix) by Roon9(m): 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2019
superlightning:

Yes envy, so stfu

My bad I just checked your status. If you knew you were a bigot I wouldn't have replied. Ciao

(1) (Reply)

Any Fatima Private School Jos Ex-students? / Ebsu:ebonyi State University -2012/2013 Post UTME Screening Result Is Out / Shortlisted Candidates For Snepco Scholarship Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.