Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange (5085 Views)

My Boerboel Dog Has 8 Breast Teats For 10 Puppies / My Dog Has Refused To Eat Because We Travelled / Pls Help My New Dog Has Refused To Eat, Play Or Do Any Thing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2019
my rott seems to be having a regular re occuring bout of mange .
I got him when he was 3 months all covered in it.with patches of hair missing and very lean . the vet came over gave him the necessary shots, after about a month the hair grew back and he gained weight.

now it seems it's back. what can I do to stop this menace called mange forever..
gurus in house pls assist. this dog was a gift.. thanks ahead
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by livebyday(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2019
Please vets in the house help out

If you have cider apple vinegar mix a cap full in some water and give your dogo while you wait please
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 7:15pm On Jul 08, 2019
livebyday:
Please vets in the house help out

If you have cider apple vinegar mix a cap full in some water and give your dogo while you wait please

to drink or on the body thanks
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by livebyday(m): 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2019
samnaija:

to drink or on the body thanks

To drink and if you have those aloe vera plants the big one cut one open and rub the gel all over her body

1 Share

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 7:21pm On Jul 08, 2019
@liveby day thanks will try it I have the plant will try what you suggested thanks alot.
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2019
My dog

1 Like

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 7:35pm On Jul 08, 2019
Him

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2019
samnaija:
@liveby day thanks will try it I have the plant will try what you suggested thanks alot.
just buy amitraz bath chemical or spray, it costs about 2k, forget that vinegar/aloe vera treatment for now.
use the chemical when you want to bath him or if it's the spray you buy, you can just spray on him and rub, it will dry up within a few days.
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2019
IamAnderson:

just buy amitraz bath chemical or spray, it costs about 2k, forget that vinegar/aloe vera treatment for now.
use the chemical when you want to bath him or if it's the spray you buy, you can just spray on him and rub, it will dry up within a few days.
Thanks will look out for the amitraz, hope to get it a good pet store..
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by vinscent: 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2019
samnaija:

Thanks will look out for the amitraz, hope to get it a good pet store..
use injection instead of xcal... if u dnt wana cry soon.. ivermectin will do d job gradually...

1 Like

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 3:00am On Jul 09, 2019
vinscent:
use injection instead of xcal... if u dnt wana cry soon.. ivermectin will do d job gradually...

Thanks really appreciate all the response hope to find it
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2019
vinscent:
have you heard that ivermecin can affect a dog's ability to reproduce?
if you know how to use amitraz nothing will go wrong, I have never had any accident with it and it works very well, it dry up mange within 2 days
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by vinscent: 10:30am On Jul 09, 2019
IamAnderson:

have you heard that ivermecin can affect a dog's ability to reproduce?
if you know how to use amitraz nothing will go wrong, I have never had any accident with it and it works very well, it dry up mange within 2 days
all the best
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
samnaija:

Thanks really appreciate all the response hope to find it

ivermectin And Amitraz are control drugs...some sell it though....just like some chemist sell Valium and postinor but standard vet drug store won’t sell it to u unless they know you as a vet or vet apprentice

If you ar lucky to get someone to sell it to u...all well and good...:don’t administer it urself based on what u read on the pack ...let a vet guide u.....

On the other hand... there’s a local parole a vet gave me for my Lhasa...it’s sulphur and red oil..mixed together..it takes a while but it worked wonders..
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 8:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
1StopRudeness:

ivermectin And Amitraz are control drugs...some sell it though....just like some chemist sell Valium and postinor but standard vet drug store won’t sell it to u unless they know you as a vet or vet apprentice

If you ar lucky to get someone to sell it to u...all well and good...:don’t administer it urself based on what u read on the pack ...let a vet guide u.....

On the other hand... there’s a local parole a vet gave me for my Lhasa...it’s sulphur and red oil..mixed together..it takes a while but it worked wonders..
amitraz is sold in every standard vet shop without restrictions tho, it's not a drug it's more of a chemical you can easily purchase.
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 8:43pm On Jul 09, 2019
I want to thank u guys for all your response last night I was able to get a tick and flea spray .I used it for him after the bath. My dog para no be small .

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 8:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
IamAnderson:

I got the amitraz this night. So is it a drop in the water then bathe the dog or soak him in the water. Thanks

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2019
samnaija:

I got the amitraz this night. So is it a drop in the water then bathe the dog or soak him in the water. Thanks
use the water to bathe the dog and don't let the dog drink it.
I prefer mixing it inside water then pouring it on his body after bathing it, it's more effective and economical.
after you've poured it, leave it for some minutes then rinse it off.
don't let the dog drink the water, if you want to apply it on the dog's face, wet a rag and clean it.
and you can also mix a little in water and use a rag to clean the mange sores every 2days till they clear.
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by chiboy1116: 8:07am On Jul 12, 2019
Mange is really stubborn though.

1 Like

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by wolewolsz(m): 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2019
Bro, use izal and palm oil on the affected area. It sounds absurd and stuff, but it’s what have been using for my dogs over the years and it has never failed me!!!
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2019
chiboy1116:
Mange is something that happens inside the body , and it's really stubborn . Injection is the best option tbh
actually, mange is caused by mites which means it's external.
it can be eradicated through chemicals to kill the mites or injections to make the dog's body not to be compatible with the mites.
I use amitraz to bathe my dog every week and he rarely has mange, the few times he does, once I bathe him it'll clear within 2 days

1 Like

Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by chiboy1116: 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2019
IamAnderson:

it can be eradicated through chemicals to kill the mites or injections to make the dog's body not to be compatible with the mites.
I use amitraz to bathe my dog every week and he rarely has mange, the few times he does, once I bathe him it'll clear within 2 days
my dog has been dealing with mange for almost two months now , even after receiving drugs and taking two shots of ivermectin . I still rub her funbact A cream though , but it seems to always reappear most times , is amitrax dangerous? And where can I buy it?

PS I think I know you from a telegram group .
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 11:01am On Jul 13, 2019
IamAnderson:

Thanks for all the advice. I have been using the amitraz and spray for three days now. It is drying up some of the mange appears crusty whlie some appears bloody. It's just my dog Sabi para for the spray..

For the person always saying injection. I have gone that path. And it came back with full force.
I try and post pix later
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 11:03am On Jul 13, 2019
All the vet will always give injection. But with what is on this dog. Your personal time must be given no vet will do that for u.
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2019
chiboy1116:
my dog has been dealing with mange for almost two months now , even after receiving drugs and taking two shots of ivermectin . I still rub her funbact A cream though , but it seems to always reappear most times , is amitrax dangerous? And where can I buy it?

PS I think I know you from a telegram group .
amitraz can cost as little as 2k for a bottle that will last for months.
and it's not dangerous as far as you don't let your dog drink it, just mix 4ml per liter of water and wet the dog's body after a bath then leave for a few minutes and rinse off.
you can just mix like 2-3 liters for each use.
if the sores are already full blown,then every 2days mix few drops of it in water and clean the sores.
don't let your dog drink it and don't leave it on your dog's body if not your dog might be tempted to lick it off.
always rinse it off after some minutes.
and yes I'm in the telegram group too wink
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by chiboy1116: 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
IamAnderson:

amitraz can cost as little as 2k for a bottle that will last for months.
and it's not dangerous as far as you don't let your dog drink it, just mix 4ml per liter of water and wet the dog's body after a bath then leave for a few minutes and rinse off.
you can just mix like 2-3 liters for each use.
if the sores are already full blown,then every 2days mix few drops of it in water and clean the sores.
don't let your dog drink it and don't leave it on your dog's body if not your dog might be tempted to lick it off.
always rinse it off after some minutes.
and yes I'm in the telegram group too wink
can I just bath it with the water ?
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2019
chiboy1116:
can I just bath it with the water ?
well yeah you can do that too but it's no different from the method I told you except you'd use more of it.
the method I told you is equally effective and also economical, you can do it however you prefer tho, it will work either way
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 9:50am On Jul 19, 2019
Just an update. After a week plus the amitraz is finished so also the spray. It has dried up. So mostly scales and white hair keeps falling off
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 9:54am On Jul 19, 2019
samnaija:
Just an update. After a week plus the amitraz is finished so also the spray. It has dried up. So mostly scales and white hair keeps falling off
finished so soon? were you using it everyday?
and at least it's clearing but you still have to keep on using it till it clears then you can use only for prevention since your dog gets mange frequently.
also mix small amitraz with water and clean where you dog sleeps, but don't let the dog in until it has dried to avoid ingestion
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 9:54am On Jul 19, 2019
I was told the white hair were the dead hair well I have decided to continue with palmoil and izal. My pet shop advice me to continue with that.
Also I have seen alot of videos online using just coconut oil.
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by IamAnderson(m): 9:55am On Jul 19, 2019
samnaija:
I was told the white hair were the dead hair well I have decided to continue with palmoil and izal. My pet shop advice me to continue with that.
Also I have seen alot of videos online using just coconut oil.
true but also remember you have to clean where the dog sleeps if not it might come back again
Re: I Beg Help My Dog Has Mange by samnaija: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2019
IamAnderson:

finished so soon? were you using it everyday?
and at least it's clearing but you still have to keep on using it till it clears then you can use only for prevention since your dog gets mange frequently.
also mix small amitraz with water and clean where you dog sleeps, but don't let the dog in until it has dried to avoid ingestion

I would love to. But I have to monitor the feeding pattern of my dog. He was not eating much before . But now his appetite is back .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dogo Argentino Needed. Pls Contact Me / See The Birds That Pirtchs On My Window Every Morning (photo) / Just Got This Dog Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.