Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,630 members, 7,854,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:56 PM

08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold (10035 Views)

(duke)08 Audi A4 Sport For 1m50k / (duke)08 Audi A4 Full Option Sport For 1m.50k / 08 Honda Crv Used. 08 Audi Q7 Used. 09 Range Rover Sports Toks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by violent(m): 8:34pm On Oct 17, 2010
@ Siena

the only way you should be having a conversation with this lad, is him behind iron bars and his hands in cuffs!
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by LouisThoru(f): 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2010
Siena,

You mean the VIN is as fake as SaharaReporters?
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2010
LouisThoru:

Siena,

You mean the VIN is as fake as SaharaReporters?

Lol! I won't be able to run the VIN till tomorrow, when I'm at work. The licence tag doesn't register as belonging to any Audi though.
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by teddy2t(m): 11:15am On Oct 18, 2010
Hi sieena am waiting for ur responce
on d car vin i sent to u,And d
link i sent to u,that was a mistake
am trying to give u another copy
of d bill of laiding of d car,maybe that
ll hasting or help on running ur check.
Or ask me what else u need to do ur
uk car report very well.
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by teddy2t(m): 11:19am On Oct 18, 2010
Any one else interested in dis
topic should fill free to ask me
for anything,i `ll comply as long as
its on dis TT.
Or send me ur mail add to copy u
d bill of lading attachment.
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2010
Teddy, thanks for responding.

I don't need to see a copy of the bill of laden. The VIN and VRM are all I need, and you've supplied those.

I'll run my checks, and get back to you.
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by teddy2t(m): 8:46am On Oct 19, 2010
Still waiting
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by teddy2t(m): 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2010
Still selling[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by LouisThoru(f): 12:16am On Oct 20, 2010
how long does it take to run a VIN check?
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2010
LouisThoru:

how long does it take to run a VIN check?

Louis, I wouldn't, if I was you.

It's not just any old VIN check. This is also an extensive VRM check. I have also enlisted help elsewhere, to see why the VIN and VRM don't match. Unless you know something I don't?
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by megastu(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2010
@Siena et al,LWKMD grin
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by LouisThoru(f): 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2010
Noooo, Siena

I was just asking. My hands are clean, and beside, you are my good friend. Do you want a kiss?
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2010
Well, I carried out some checks, this involved the DVLA, as well as Audi UK themselves.

This Audi TT is a 2008 model year, in Phantom Black Pearl Effect, originally supplied by Truro Audi, UK. It was first registered the 12th September 2007. So far, there are no records of this car ever visiting an Audi Dealership, as one would expect of a new car, to uphold the warranty. Service history is nil - it has never been serviced at a dealership either.

I was asked a lot of questions regarding the car, it would appear the car previously had a different registration mark, perhaps a personalised licence plate, as the current VRM does not show up on DVLA's records, either as a car in use in the UK, or as an export. This is the reason I originally asked Teddy if the current VRM is the one the car was supplied with.

We may never know!
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by mastro: 7:04am On Oct 21, 2010

I was asked a lot of questions regarding the car, it would appear the car previously had a different registration mark, perhaps a personalised licence plate, as the current VRM does not show up on DVLA's records, either as a car in use in the UK, or as an export. This is the reason I originally asked Teddy if the current VRM is the one the car was supplied with.

We may never know!

What we do know is that the moto get story, which unfortunatly is the the case with many of the cars advertised here.
"due diligence" is not only the physical car but also the paperwork.

Personally I wouldn't give it a 2nd look, RHD, no service history, unknown VRM, and I actually like TT's, I know it's just a golf in drag but like them.
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by LouisThoru(f): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2010
I walk or drive on the streets in Naija, almost every corner has one car shop with at least more than ten cars in each. A lot of people buy cars from these places, which of them cares about VIN or VIN report? Me for one will never buy a car from NairaLand, but rather go out there in the field but, myself like others care less about VIN, VRM, VSL, NYSC, GRE, or whatever it is you guys pride in, because at the end of the day, the car still gets sold.
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by teddy2t(m): 10:28am On Oct 21, 2010
@sieena this car was bought
from Autotrader.uk maybe u can still
get some of ur fact dre?

what of if d owner registered it
with a special plate?hw do u no?

cause i remember b4 d car was
bought i was sent d weblink
to view b4 buying.welldone
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by mastro: 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2010
I walk or drive on the streets in Naija, almost every corner has one car shop with at least more than ten cars in each. A lot of people buy cars from these places, which of them cares about VIN or VIN report? Me for one will never buy a car from NairaLand, but rather go out there in the field but, myself like others care less about VIN, VRM, VSL, NYSC, GRE, or whatever it is you guys pride in, because at the end of the day, the car still gets sold.

Many Nigerians are still getting scammed everyday in every area you can think of, does that mean that we should leave our brothers and sisters in Nairaland to be scammed as well? Or are you not your brothers keeper?

Which one are you in the tale of the good samaritan, the priest or the Levite?
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by teddy2t(m): 8:53am On Oct 22, 2010
for serious buyer[i][/i]
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by Oloks(m): 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2010
Hi,

I justed did a quick check on eurocarparts.com website and it did come back as Audi TT 2.0 -  2007

http://www.eurocarparts.com/
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by Oloks(m): 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2010
Hi,

I justed did a quick check on eurocarparts.com website and it did come back as Audi TT 2.0 -  2007

http://www.eurocarparts.com/
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by Henryakins: 2:59pm On Oct 24, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am the rightful owner of the Audi TT been advertised Nairaland and have this today read through all the comment raised on the website. To the guy that claimed to know what car is stolen or not Audi database - I bet he need to come for extensive training with me on what to check on cars and I to establish stolen car.

Firstly, he claimed the car was not on Audi database with him, so how did he later find out the car was registered in 2007 and the car is Audi TT (Black)?.

Please Mr 2 Know, the car has not been registered with private number and the car has full Audi service history - with the service book of the service stamped and recorded with the dealer (Original service book was in the car) for confirmation.

I deal with expensive and prestige cars and I dont deal in stolen cars and if the car was stolen, it wouldn't have passed through the port in UK - So please correct your comments as the car registration number and VIN no. matches to the car and has not been altered.

This is the first time am selling through an agent and I have no further link with the advertiser other than for him to sell the car for me to create a relationship for future purposes.

Readers please note and only comment on cars you can afford and interested in, as Nigerian are known for time wasting, stupid and unfound comments.
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2010
Henry, you need to not only read, but read and comprehend.

I said this car does not come up on Audi's dialogue - as in it has never visited any Audi main dealer since it had its PDI in September 2007. It however came up on the supplying dealer's records as a car sold by them. Stop being a numpty, and realise this is one of the reasons an agent should know more about any product he / she's selling as a third party. A smart person will realise a stamped service book does not mean the car was serviced as indicated. Any tech can stamp the book, it just won't be recorded on the system. The best indication of a service is by contacting Audi themselves.

And the reason your car was flagged, was because the registration mark comes up as invalid. Which is what prompted the comment, there's a possibility it had a personalised plate at some point.

And lastly, I can afford an Audi TT. It would appear you're also one of those known for making silly and unfounded comments.
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by sultaan(m): 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2010
To see what the whole bruhaha was about, I went to ebaymotors to look at similar cars with 2.0t and compare the vins just in case he made a mistake.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Trucks-/6001/i.html?rt=nc&Number%2520of%2520Cylinders=4&_nkw=2008%20audi%20tt&_dmpt=US_Cars_Trucks&_fln=1&_sop=Year_ASC&_ssov=1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m282

I noticed all 2.0t  coupes start with TRUAF38J*######## (normal), but changing the check digit* from 0-9 comes up with nothing so he might need to verify; post pics of the vin from the door/windshield(which we all know is not going to happen soon.)

So this is another case of a careless listing.Notihng is comming up on that vin TRUZZZ seems odd!
Thanks for trying to clear things up, but you can make it a little clearer.

But as we all know UK cars don't emphasize on VIN so things work a liitle different compared to US cars.
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by teddy2t(m): 8:53am On Oct 26, 2010
Thanks to all contributor of dis thread,i want to ask `SIENA" were has he confirm d car was a stolen car?
when u no u cant finish something u should`nt have started it b4.whtat does it cost u to call Audi uk for more check on this
car?
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2010
Teddy, stop being a prat. If you were more forth coming with info in the beginning, things would have been clarified from the get go. Know what you're selling, and such issues will be avoided.

I can certainly dig, it costs me nothing to do so. Are you asking me to make more checks for clarity's sake, or you want me to do the donkey work on your behalf? Research you should have done from the start?
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by teddy2t(m): 8:56am On Oct 27, 2010
Pls just to b able to come out public and return your word of stolen out of my thread.
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by teddy2t(m): 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2010
Still available
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by teddy2t(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2010
still selling
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by mastro: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am the rightful owner of the Audi TT been advertised Nairaland and have this today read through all the comment raised on the website. To the guy that claimed to know what car is stolen or not Audi database - I bet he need to come for extensive training with me on what to check on cars and I to establish stolen car.

Firstly, he claimed the car was not on Audi database with him, so how did he later find out the car was registered in 2007 and the car is Audi TT (Black)?.

Please Mr 2 Know, the car has not been registered with private number and the car has full Audi service history - with the service book of the service stamped and recorded with the dealer (Original service book was in the car) for confirmation.

I deal with expensive and prestige cars and I dont deal in stolen cars and if the car was stolen, it wouldn't have passed through the port in UK - So please correct your comments as the car registration number and VIN no. matches to the car and has not been altered.

This is the first time am selling through an agent and I have no further link with the advertiser other than for him to sell the car for me to create a relationship for future purposes.

Readers please note and only comment on cars you can afford and interested in, as Nigerian are known for time wasting, silly and unfound comments.

IMO this car still doesn't smell right, why would you buy and export a expensive RHD car to lagos, if you are as claimed a dealer, then explain why, everyone I know who has an expensive RHD car in Gidi, the car get story, usually finance,
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2010
mastro:

IMO this car still doesn't smell right, why would you buy and export a expensive RHD car to lagos, if you are as claimed a dealer, then explain why, everyone I know who has an expensive RHD car in Gidi, the car get story, usually finance,

More points to ponder.

Teddy said the person that purchased the car in Britain, and sent it to him to sell, was his brother.

This guy, from all accounts, isn't even related to Teddy in any way. What the heck's going on here??
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by teddy2t(m): 6:57pm On Nov 05, 2010
Still selling
Re: 08 Audi TT RHD@Aesthetic Autos Nig Ltd 1.6m All Sold Sold by damola1: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2010
If you have no profound reasons to base your claims on, then please allow the man sell the car. There's no point trying to drag him through the mud if he's given details you requested for. You have done well to notify the public of what you think, but there's no point trying to frustrate the seller's effort to sell.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

»»» Sold!!! Neat VW Jetta 05 @ N650k Non Negotiable ««« / Updated Exchange Rate Of A 1000cefa To Naira / 2017 Model Benz E300 Toks Fully Loaded Selling Cheap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.